What's new

The '97, '98 Jazz with Gobert and Hayward

Batman

I heard two guys at work talking about this and it got me thinking... Had the '97 '98 Jazz had a starting lineup of

Stockton
Hornacek
Hayward
Malone
Gobert

Would we have two titles?

Discuss...

I heard two guys at work talking about this and it got me thinking... Had the '97 '98 Jazz had a starting lineup of

Stockton
Hornacek
Hayward
Malone
Gobert

Discuss...

Honestly I'd start Russell over Horny if we had Hayward, especially if you think about matching up with the Bulls.

Stockton
Hornacek
Hayward
Malone
Gobert

Discuss...

Bro, you'd probably get more interesting answers from Chicago Bulls' fans.

Honestly I'd start Russell over Horny if we had Hayward, especially if you think about matching up with the Bulls.

It's been a long time... was Russell and elite defender/better than Hayward is now? Or are you more say saying this in terms of getting more defense out there?

It's been a long time... was Russell and elite defender/better than Hayward is now? Or are you more say saying this in terms of getting more defense out there?

Yeah, more defense. Hayward is a better player now than Horny was in 97-98, them together would be redundant and I'd feel better about guarding Jordan/Pippen with Hayward/Russell.

And IDK if Russell was considered elite, but he was considered pretty good defender.

Stockton
Hornacek
Hayward
Malone
Gobert

Discuss...

No, we would not have two titles.

We'd have 4 or more.

its very probable that if we went from starting 2 all-nba players to starting 4 all-nba-ish players we would be in the chips.

We would have all teh titles

We would not have lost to Seattle and Houston in the west finals either. That would be a damn good team. All time good.

Sure but does that mean the Rockets get Harden to add to those teams with The Dream? YOu serious think that team could beat the Bulls? LMAO if you truly do think this.

Stockton
Hornacek
Hayward
Malone
Gobert

Discuss...

We would not have lost to Seattle and Houston in the west finals either. That would be a damn good team. All time good.

Well do those other 2 teams get to add 2 current players to join this fantasy? Because to me its only fair you get to but hey this is yall FANTASY not real life So why not add a player from the 1970s Jazz to the squad in this lala land.

Add those players and they still dotn beat the Bulls who in this fantasy would add Wade and Butler to an already great team. Yea the jazz would of won ZERO titles just like they have. Sh*t Jordan retired 2 years and yall still came up short. Had MJ not retired then the Bulls would of won 8 straight. You can say all you want how they would not have won 8 but common bball wisdom would tell you are wrong.

Bulls lineup of
Jordan
Wade
Butler
Pippen
Rodman

Might be undersized but they would run that fantasy jazz team to the ground. 20 plus victory even

the only advantage yall would have is size with Gobert and Malone but Bulls counter with one of the best defenders ever. Look at the lineup I give compared to this fantasy jazz one. Every single position is Bulls superior. Good look to Horny guarding Wade and Pippen would work over Hayward. GH isn't close to Pippen level so please

Well do those other 2 teams get to add 2 current players to join this fantasy? Because to me its only fair you get to but hey this is yall FANTASY not real life So why not add a player from the 1970s Jazz to the squad in this lala land.

Yes, everyone can add anyone they want. I pick the monster squad, and babs. because she got that booty.

Bulls lineup of
Jordan
Wade
Butler
Pippen
Rodman

Might be undersized but they would run that fantasy jazz team to the ground. 20 plus victory even

Glad to see you back. How's that **** salad tasting?

Bulls lineup of
Jordan
Wade
Butler
Pippen
Rodman

Wade would be on the team with Zo, he can't be in two places at once. That's not the way time travel works.