What's new

The All Star Game BS

It’s really kind of hilarious how ****ing stupid and blind some of you still are even after Hayward. Mitchell very clearly does not want to be here, and is going to be gone long before that contract comes to completion. This isn’t even me being on brand, you’re flat out naive and delusional if you listen to that douche, watch him play, see how he acts and come away with any sort of conclusion resembling “yeah he wants to be here”. ****ing delusional. Sean you spend your entire ****ing day on Twitter and social platforms talking about nonsense, so please spare every single other person with your word garbage here. You are pathetic loser in every way, shape, and form. Go to your ****ing Twitter and cry your eyes out and change your profile picture over your favorite athlete of all time not aligning with your views on one thing again. ****ing douche who cries an entire day, throws a fit, and changed his profile picture over an athlete not agreeing with him comes here and tries to preach. Your Twitter profile photo is a pic of a 20 something year old man you’re a fan of because of sports, spare everyone else your dumbass word vomit.

I think Donovan realizes that he needs to be part of a Big Three in order to compete for championships. Lots of good players come to this rude awakening. So would he rather be in a market like New York, Chicago or Miami? Sure, probably. But it's not going to be enough to move to one of these markets. He needs to get other All Stars to join him. He also realizes that he's under contract with the Jazz for another 3 years before his player option, and if he pouts too much the Jazz might send him to Oklahoma City. He knows that the grass isn't always greener. He's not going to want to leave Utah just to go to Indiana, Minnesota or Detroit. On the one hand, I'm sure he'd like the Jazz to get its act together. On the other hand, I'm sure he's looking around and talking to guys about trying to find a better situation, but it really isn't that easy.

I think what Donovan is saying is that the situation in Utah is fine, but the implication for any star player is that they're always looking to create a situation that's better. Look at the lengths that James Harden, Anthony Davis and Ben Simmons have gone to in order to change teams.

Last edited:
Oh to be clear: I am not talking just about you. I am talking about those people in this thread who continue to hate on Mitchell for no apparent reason other than to just be miserable sons of bitches.

Really, I only quoted your post to point out how utterly ****ing stupid it is to believe that his last answer, in an emotional moment, coming an hour or so after being eliminated from the playoffs, to a question he had already answered would somehow erase his initial answer, which was, since it's been erased from your memory, that he wants to stay in Salt Lake.

But go on.

I'm glad this board didn't exist in the 90s because I don't know how you'd all survive Malone's constant remarks about not wanting to play in Utah anymore lmao

"When the lockout is over, I will demand a trade. I have played my last game in Salt Lake City."

Who could forget that?
He was point blank asked the same question in the Chris Haynes interview that he and his agency arranged and still have the same none-garbage answer, so spare us also the “emotional moment” excuse. He’s a **** leader, and a **** face of a franchise. He’s hung over the franchise like a dark cloud and distraction for 2 years now, and God forbid some of us want that distraction/dark cloud lifted from the franchise. He cares about himself, and his brand. He doesn’t care about winning, playing defense, or creating any sort of decent culture around the organization. It’s okay to not want someone on your favorite basketball team. I’m not the one sporting a 25 year old dude as my Twitter profile photo creep.

I think Donovan realizes that he needs to be part of a Big Three in order to compete for championships. Lots of good players come to this rude awakening. So would he rather be in a market like New York, Chicago or Miami? Sure, probably. But it's not going to be enough to move to one of these markets. He needs to get other All Stars to join him. He also realizes that he's under contract with the Jazz for another 3 years before his player option, and if he pouts too much the Jazz might send him to Oklahoma City. He knows that the grass isn't always greener.

He's not going to want to leave Utah just to go to Indiana, Minnesota or Detroit.
But what’s the point in not trading him? If you’re not “all in” in a market like this, everyone around the NBA also knows that, and you’re not building towards anything. Did he look like someone creating a good or sustainable culture for the Jazz franchise? He looks like a guy miserable being here. Trade him wherever you can at highest value for as much as you can get. As the Jazz, you have to hope you can get your Giannis one day. Drafting great foreign players would be a wise start. The AAU soft *** American NBA stars are the biggest crybabies in sports.

But what’s the point in not trading him? If you’re not “all in” in a market like this, everyone around the NBA also knows that, and you’re not building towards anything. Did he look like someone creating a good or sustainable culture for the Jazz franchise? He looks like a guy miserable being here. Trade him wherever you can at highest value for as much as you can get. As the Jazz, you have to hope you can get your Giannis one day. Drafting great foreign players would be a wise start. The AAU soft *** American NBA stars are the biggest crybabies in sports.

I think this Jazz team knew that they weren't good enough to go far in the playoffs, so some guys mailed it in. I also think Mitchell was miserable because Dorian Finney-Smith really slowed him down, and he didn't trust the guys he was playing with to make big plays. If you look at how Mike Conley struggled and how Gobert struggled offensively, you'd understand why Donovan might have been disgruntled.

I think if the Jazz are able to retool, it will give Donovan a fresh start and a reason to play hard. If that isn't the case and Donovan is pouting, then sure, trade him. If some team offers the moon this offseason, then go ahead and trade him this offseason. However, the Jazz don't have to be rushed into anything. They have some time to try to fix this.

I think this Jazz team knew that they weren't good enough to go far in the playoffs, so some guys mailed it in. I also think Mitchell was miserable because Dorian Finney-Smith really slowed him down, and he didn't trust the guys he was playing with to make big plays. If you look at how Mike Conley struggled and how Gobert struggled offensively, you'd understand why Donovan might have been disgruntled.

I think if the Jazz are able to retool, it will give Donovan a fresh start and a reason to play hard. If that isn't the case and Donovan is pouting, then sure, trade him. If some team offers the moon this offseason, then go ahead and trade him this offseason. However, the Jazz don't have to be rushed into anything. They have some time to try to fix this.
Giannis was swept by the Heat 2 years ago, and swept them last year and won a championship. Sounds like the “softness” label sticks just fine and so does the “****** leader” label to that dude. Losing the Mavs series in the fashion they did is inexcusable. You don’t build your team in a small market around a diva, drama driven baby who cries whenever things aren’t perfect for him. It never works out. And yeah, Donovan’s got no reason to be “disgruntled” he was one of the worst players in the clutch the entire series and playoffs for his team, and also played a **** series and no defense. So take your disgruntlement and look in the mirror. There was a tweet that said “It’s time for Mike Conley to retire and spend his time with his wife and kids. It’s time for Donovan Mitchell to look in the mirror”. A good summation.

Giannis was swept by the Heat 2 years ago, and swept them last year and won a championship. Sounds like the “softness” label sticks just fine and so does the “****** leader” label to that dude. Losing the Mavs series in the fashion they did is inexcusable. You don’t build your team in a small market around a diva, drama driven baby who cries whenever things aren’t perfect for him. It never works out. And yeah, Donovan’s got no reason to be “disgruntled” he was one of the worst players in the clutch the entire series and playoffs for his team, and also played a **** series and no defense. So take your disgruntlement and look in the mirror.

Mitchell isn't Giannis, and he knows it. Giannis can singlehandedly lead a team all the way to a chip. He's the best player in the world right now. Mitchell isn't on that level. He's more like Kyrie or Damian Lillard.

I think from Donovan's perspective, he'd rather be playing in New York with his buddy Bam Adebayo and another All Star-level wing, say someone like Anthony Edwards, Jalen Brown or whomever. Then he'd be able to compete and be in the big market he wants. His brand would be all over Times Square. But he knows it's almost impossible to pull that off. So in the meantime, until he finds something better, he'll say, "Yeah, Utah is okay."

Almost every star player is like this. The NBA is sports entertainment. Donovan surely knows what business he's in, since he was born into professional sports. Another thing to be aware of is that his max contract kicked in this year. He's got big money now, and maybe he's not as hungry as he was a couple years ago.

Last edited:
Mitchell isn't Giannis, and he knows it. Giannis can singlehandedly lead a team all the way to a chip. He's the best player in the world right now. Mitchell isn't on that level. He's more like Kyrie or Damian Lillard.

I think from Donovan's perspective, he'd rather be playing in New York with his buddy Bam Adebayo and another All Star-level wing, say someone like Anthony Edwards, Jalen Brown or whomever. Then he'd be able to compete and be in the big market he wants. His brand would be all over Times Square. But he knows it's almost impossible to pull that off. So in the meantime, until he finds something better, he'll say, "Yeah, Utah is okay."

Almost every star player is like this. The NBA is sports entertainment. Donovan surely knows what business he's in, since he was born into professional sports. Another thing to be aware of is that his max contract kicked in this year. He's got big money now, and maybe he's not as hungry as he was a couple years ago.
Eh, there’s a lot of excuses, and a lot of no-accountability. Lillard and Giannis have built a giant brand. I’m not here for lame excuses in the year 2022 with how marketing can work from that end.

Seriously, why on earth would any Jazz fan want to be on this stupid ride for a whole season more. Just trade him.

Article here(a guy with Louisville ties wrote it)

View: https://twitter.com/thescore/status/1523770282468651008?s=21&t=n_SJcbtPeUiILWw4fWm5eQ

I think the only way is to own the incoming bad years. Better to lean into it than to flail and languish.

Anyone that disagrees has a skullet.

OKC did and made the Finals. Granted that team broke up eventually but yeah, I agree.

Trust the process.