What's new

The All Star Game BS

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
One thing that is highly annoying when considering our direction next year is the presence of the all-star game. The narrative that we would like to be good because its embarrassing to host the AS game and not be competitive.

Question without looking it up... where was the AS game 3 years ago? did that team have an AS? I legit don't know... because the AS location doesn't matter really at all... except to the city that hosts and the money that comes in for it. So we really want to make BIG decisions based on AS game?

The other dumb narrative is Ryan's pride won't let him make it look like he ran the team into the ground. We are in for a tough 4-5 years no matter if we blow it up or not.

It will be embarrassing regardless. When was the last time a team went from best record to two years later not relevant? I’m not talking about Bulls post-retirement or players leaving… but by getting worse organically from the franchise. Because that’s where we’re about to be if/when we trade Rudy.

It will be embarrassing regardless. When was the last time a team went from best record to two years later not relevant? I’m not talking about Bulls post-retirement or players leaving… but by getting worse organically from the franchise. Because that’s where we’re about to be if/when we trade Rudy.
Right will a wave of "will Donovan stay in Utah" stories during the AS game look great? Honestly if we burn it down and have a guy in the rookie game that might be the best possible "story". Ainge/Ryan/Wade are likely delusional and thinking "hey we might move some things and be top of the conference again".

Right will a wave of "will Donovan stay in Utah" stories during the AS game look great? Honestly if we burn it down and have a guy in the rookie game that might be the best possible "story". Ainge/Ryan/Wade are likely delusional and thinking "hey we might move some things and be top of the conference again".
We could be top of the conference again if one of the moves was moving the coach.

We could be top of the conference again if one of the moves was moving the coach.
I just don’t believe this at all. I think part of Quin being not good is the organizational halo around Donovan. I just don’t think a new guy is going to have a breakthrough unless it’s Johnny Bryant… which is a guy I think they look at but I’m not sure how good of a coach he is.

This basically happened with Melo when he was in Denver. The AS game was in NY that year, and the rumors were a flowing and a lot of the discussion during AS weekend. He asked for a trade that summer. This will very much be a parallel. Having Donovan on the team may actually ruin AS weekend and its just going to be a season wrapped in more drama and Donovan rumors and distractions and he'll be gone next summer. It's totally not worth it. If he doesn't want to be here, it needs to be accepted and expedited. No one is going to want to remember the AS that was surrounded by Donovan Mitchell rumors and drama and the summer he asked for a trade. The drama and nonsense isn't going to stop until Donovan is gone.

This basically happened with Melo when he was in Denver. The AS game was in NY that year, and the rumors were a flowing and a lot of the discussion during AS weekend. He asked for a trade that summer. This will very much be a parallel. Having Donovan on the team may actually ruin AS weekend and its just going to be a season wrapped in more drama and Donovan rumors and distractions and he'll be gone next summer. It's totally not worth it. If he doesn't want to be here, it needs to be accepted and expedited. No one is going to want to remember the AS that was surrounded by Donovan Mitchell rumors and drama and the summer he asked for a trade. The drama and nonsense isn't going to stop until Donovan is gone.
It's got ZERO to do with what he wants.

Get him off the team regardless

You may not like it, but it's absolutely on Ryan's Smith mind. It's not narrative, it's obvious.
Oh I 100% believe the story... it is a true report... and yes I don't like it cuz it dumb AF.

Oh I 100% believe the story... it is a true report... and yes I don't like it cuz it dumb AF.

I honestly believe that Ryan Smith would take this All Star weekend over winning a title but no knows his name. This is rich people **** 100% and priority number one for Smith no doubt.

I'm already preparing for the cringe. He's going to be parading Donovan around when Don knows and we know he's outta here.

I honestly believe that Ryan Smith would take this All Star weekend over winning a title but no knows his name. This is rich people **** 100% and priority number one for Smith no doubt.

I'm already preparing for the cringe. He's going to be parading Donovan around when Don knows and we know he's outta here.
Booooooooooooooooooo****ingooooooooooooooooooooo

I think the only way is to own the incoming bad years. Better to lean into it than to flail and languish.

Anyone that disagrees has a skullet.
Being the 11th worst team in the west while trying to be a playoff team will be less fun than no expectations and being the 14th best team in the west. It also likely makes more money (live near the salary floor instead of paying tax or close to it) and will result in a better influx in talent.

#EmbraceTheTank #TankNote #TankyTankTank