What's new

The Anti-Sloan/Pro-Deron Theory

Hello,

First time poster. I really debated whether I should post this on here, mostly because I know what the reaction will be. It's not earth-shattering information but I have a source from inside the orginazation that frequently tells me things from time to time. I asked them about the whole situation and while they don't know exactly what occurred, they did say that Deron and Jerry had been at it all season long.

The media is reporting the 3 blowups as the worst of it, but the two were constantly at it during practice and not only did it make the rest of the team uncomfortable, it's possible that this is the reason why we've had such bad results on the court. They also said that the players they know well are still in shock and upset about Jerry leaving. Only a couple players were told about him actually resigning and most didn't know what was going on until the press conference which explains why they were not there.

So there you go. Nothing we don't really know but thought I would share. Believe what you will.

al those theories sound fine!
but doesnt anybody notice that phil johnson left ALSO. please explain that

Phil always said that when Jerry went he'd go as well.

Also, perhaps Phil didn't want the job? Perhaps the Jazz didn't want Phil? Perhaps Phil was tired of Deron and co too?

Phil always said that when Jerry went he'd go as well.
Also, perhaps Phil didn't want the job? Perhaps the Jazz didn't want Phil?

Once again, that common misconception isn't true and Phil set the record straight at the press conference here:
https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=304&sid=14327951 -4th video down "Intervew with Phil Johnson" 1:08-minute mark.
If this was solely Jerry's diminished energy, Phil would've stuck around to help guide this team. His resignation was done out of principle. And this video from 2 weeks ago clearly demonstrates Phil wasn't a guy who was expecting to leave soon.
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=14207386&nid=294

Just like Jazzfanz was wrong in blaming all of the Jazz's previous problems on Carlos Boozer, you can't blame this scenario soley on Sloan or Deron. It's not even close to an 'anti-Sloan/pro-Deron' vs. 'anti-Deron/pro-Sloan' choice.

Once again, that common misconception isn't true and Phil set the record straight at the press conference here:
https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=304&sid=14327951 -4th video down "Intervew with Phil Johnson" 1:08-minute mark.
If this was solely Jerry's diminished energy, Phil would've stuck around to help guide this team. His resignation was done out of principle. And this video from 2 weeks ago clearly demonstrates Phil wasn't a guy who was expecting to leave soon.
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=14207386&nid=294

Just like Jazzfanz was wrong in blaming all of the Jazz's previous problems on Carlos Boozer, you can't blame this scenario soley on Sloan or Deron. It's not even close to an 'anti-Sloan/pro-Deron' vs. 'anti-Deron/pro-Sloan' choice.

Winner here...

But that is too boring for a forum.

I guess it is too boring for the media as well and that's why this is getting blown out of proportion by all. The result will be Deron leaving. Even my mom who knows nothing about the Jazz was was talking about Deron forcing Sloan out. It's too much and there will be consequences if the local media keeps giving this story life. We are already struggling enough to get players to come to Utah.

I guess it is too boring for the media as well and that's why this is getting blown out of proportion by all.

It was too boring for Deron, playing in Sloan's rigid system. That produced 50 wins yearly

Let the good times roll!

The result will be Deron leaving.

So Deron can't handle criticism or, likely, consequences for his actions.

Ironically enough, this is what likely created this entire controversy -- Deron couldn't take it from Sloan, and neither could management. Only, uh, now the media's involved.

Because, you know, this is a rather big story. Hopefully one that continues, lest the Utah Jazz politburo (Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Greg Miller Inc.), aka the local "media", manage to fully kill it with Ty Corbin computer science puff pieces and Deron Willams' 'winning attitude' cries.

But. But I think this will continue. Mainly because the Jazz are likely to go into an epic period of failure.

It's too much and there will be consequences if the local media keeps giving this story life. We are already struggling enough to get players to come to Utah.

So, even though there's a big story here, it must be killed locally and nationally or Deron's feelings will be hurt by the fanbase, resulting in his leaving.

This is, again, the type of thinking that led to this mess in the first place. The idea that a franchise is beholden to the star player's whims, even if that includes disrespecting and ignoring a coach that has over a thousand wins for that franchise.

And now? Well, now the entire media establishment needs to be "nicer" and "fairer" (i.e. 'kill the story!') to Deron, or else. At some point, this goes beyond celebrity, or even hero worship.

And becomes a wished-for dictatorship. Complete with local media compliance. Be too harsh on Deron, and you may lose your job.

Too ridiculous to even be satirized.

JF_2814 - I have no idea what you're trying to say.

:confused:
(I miss that little shrugging shoulders emoticon)

@ 2814: SO now what? Your favorite coach is gone. In your opinion, the front office has caved to Williams and Williams is the leader now. So what're you going to do? Are you still a fan to a team that has done everything wrong in your eyes? Do you continue to root for a player you have obvious disdain for?

This is, again, the type of thinking that led to this mess in the first place. The idea that a franchise is beholden to the star player's whims, even if that includes disrespecting and ignoring a coach that has over a thousand wins for that franchise.

And now? Well, now the entire media establishment needs to be "nicer" and "fairer" (i.e. 'kill the story!') to Deron, or else. At some point, this goes beyond celebrity, or even hero worship.

And becomes a wished-for dictatorship. Complete with local media compliance. Be too harsh on Deron, and you may lose your job.

Too ridiculous to even be satirized.

Yes, I think fair is a good principle to live by. The media is creating the story, turning it into some tabloid piece to "sell papers". I'm not saying to kill the story. I'm saying tell the whole story. This isn't Deron's fault alone and don't make it out that way. What good comes from that?

Last edited:
When JAZZFAN_2814 posts, I like to imagine he does so wearing a tinfoil hat and with a thesaurus in front of him.

Excellent post.

I love Deron, but there's little doubt that the friction between him and Jerry was the Major factor in Sloan taking the exit.

Whatever. Jerry is brilliant, and he knew this team was in what-if-mode. Good choice.

Ton of pressure on Deron now. I wish him luck, but even if Jerry's balls get roasted now, at least Deron won't be providing the sauce...

Amen.

When JAZZFAN_2814 posts, I like to imagine he does so wearing a tinfoil hat and with a thesaurus in front of him.

Yeah. I'm the crazy one. As opposed to you, the guy who thinks that Sloan kept "winning" players out of Utah, and that the SLC market is not a turnoff AT ALL. I mean, how could it be? That just doesn't make any sense -- well, at least it doesn't make any sense for the same type of fool that lives there. Namely, you.

So, keep wearing that 'Gr8ness' (dunce)cap, with a Utah Jazz media guide in front of you.