What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Great news, Comrades! Biden has solved inflation. Apparently like the word 'recession' or 'woman', you can redefine what inflation is and now we have zero percent inflation. Don't listen to those pesky reports showing inflation. It is all lies. We now have zero percent inflation.

View: https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1557372364173746179

Grid: What was the big question you were hoping this report would answer?

Matthew Zeitlin: It’s a mixed bag. While overall prices remained unchanged, there were large fluctuations within the report. Basically, as we knew from other data, gas prices fell, which played a large part in balancing out increases in other areas. For example, food prices rose over 1 percent and are up over 10 percent in the last year, and housing costs rose in July and are up over 5 percent in the last year. But energy prices overall fell over 4 percent, which was enough to balance out increases elsewhere.

Typical Washington spin by Biden, typical failure of understanding by @Al-O-Meter .

Context. He was saying that inflation didn't go up in july, not that it didn't exist. Simpletons will not understand that. Partisan hacks will see what they want to see.

Context. He was saying that inflation didn't go up in july, not that it didn't exist. Simpletons will not understand that. Partisan hacks will see what they want to see.
Yup. Partisan hacks like the NY Times, CBS MarketWatch, USA Today, Yahoo Fiance, the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, CNN, The Washington Post, Barron's, ABC News, The Hill, the LA Times, Reuters, Bloomberg, and the hundreds of other outlets who reported the 8.5% July number instead of the 0% reported by Biden.

Biden's exact words were that "our economy had zero percent inflation".

Says "exact words" while leaving out words (like in the month of july). They are trying to re-define what words mean again. In this case the word exact.

The corruption of Biden here is incredible. Him saying that inflation didn't go up in july is almost as bad as wearing a tan suit. Impeach Hunter Biden now!

Impeach Hunter Biden now!
There is no need to impeach anyone, Hunter included. Did you see the results in the Wisconsin primaries last night? That raid at Mar-o-Lago lit a fire under the entire Republican base. Republican turnout was huge. Those races were supposed to be nail biters and instead they were blowouts. For all who thought the Roe v Wade overturning would save the midterms, it appears Merrick Garland has not done the hopeful left any favors.

Guys, this morning my wife asked me if I could come help her with something and i responded "just a second." Then I took more than one second to get there so she called me a liar and was really mad. Actually that last part isn't true because she has critical thinking skills and is logical.
Also today my co worker told me he was "running late for work." When he arrived I was like "so you ran to work today" and he said "no, I drove." I called him a liar for saying he was running late. Again, that last part didn't actually happen because of critical thinking skills and logic. Not everyone possesses these abilities however.

Guys, this morning my wife asked me if I could come help her with something and i responded "just a second." Then I took more than one second to get there so she called me a liar and was really mad. Actually that last part isn't true because she has critical thinking skills and is logical.
Also today my co worker told me he was "running late for work." When he arrived I was like "so you ran to work today" and he said "no, I drove." I called him a liar for saying he was running late. Again, that last part didn't actually happen because of critical thinking skills and logic. Not everyone possesses these abilities however.
Critical what now?

Looks like no one is talking about the same thing in regards to inflation.

Just a quick google search gives you this:

1660167168580.png

But digging a bit deeper you get that this is for the 12 -month period ENDING in July 2022, not for July itself. See here:

1660167242197.png

So everyone is right, and everyone is wrong. Month over month July was flat to June. But for the 12 month ending in July, it is still at 8.5%. which is still terrible overall.

Here is the full report:

CONSUMER PRICE INDEX - JULY 2022

The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) was unchanged in July on a seasonally
adjusted basis
after rising 1.3 percent in June, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
Over the last 12 months, the all items index increased 8.5 percent before seasonal adjustment.

The gasoline index fell 7.7 percent in July and offset increases in the food and shelter indexes,
resulting in the all items index being unchanged over the month. The energy index fell 4.6 percent
over the month as the indexes for gasoline and natural gas declined, but the index for electricity
increased. The food index continued to rise, increasing 1.1 percent over the month as the food at
home index rose 1.3 percent.

The index for all items less food and energy rose 0.3 percent in July, a smaller increase than in
April, May, or June. The indexes for shelter, medical care, motor vehicle insurance, household
furnishings and operations, new vehicles, and recreation were among those that increased over the
month. There were some indexes that declined in July, including those for airline fares, used cars
and trucks, communication, and apparel.

The all items index increased 8.5 percent for the 12 months ending July, a smaller figure than the
9.1-percent increase for the period ending June. The all items less food and energy index rose 5.9
percent over the last 12 months. The energy index increased 32.9 percent for the 12 months ending
July, a smaller increase than the 41.6-percent increase for the period ending June. The food index
increased 10.9 percent over the last year, the largest 12-month increase since the period ending
May 1979.

So, looking at month over month, we had a 0% increase from June to July, all things considered. That is where the 0% inflation claim comes from. Essentially, we had NO NEW INFLATION added on to what we already have experienced, in the month of July comparing to the month of June.

But we are still at 8.5% inflation for the last 12 month period, ending in July.

Hope that clears some things up. Some people were talking oranges, others were talking apples.

Decided to just add the entire chart here.

1660167604913.png

We are paying less for gas, and more for food and medical care. They negatives and the positives, MONTH OVER MONTH, balance out to about 0 change from June to July.

But it is misleading to say we had 0% inflation in July and just leave it at that, as that implies inflation is now at ZERO, whereas before it was at 9%!! But really it is still at 8.5% overall.

But saying inflation in July was 8.5% is also misleading, as we did not ADD new inflation of 8.5% for the month. That is just where the last 12 months ended up as of the end of July.

Last edited:

View attachment 12885

But digging a bit deeper you get that this is for the 12 -month period ENDING in July 2022, not for July itself. See here:

View attachment 12886

So everyone is right, and everyone is wrong. Month over month July was flat to June. But for the 12 month ending in July, it is still at 8.5%. which is still terrible overall.

Here is the full report:

So, looking at month over month, we had a 0% increase from June to July, all things considered. That is where the 0% inflation claim comes from. Essentially, we had NO NEW INFLATION added on to what we already have experienced, in the month of July comparing to the month of June.

But we are still at 8.5% inflation for the last 12 month period, ending in July.

Hope that clears some things up. Some people were talking oranges, others were talking apples.

View attachment 12887

We are paying less for gas, and more for food and medical care. They negatives and the positives, MONTH OVER MONTH, balance out to about 0 change from June to July.

But it is misleading to say we had 0% inflation in July and just leave it at that, as that implies inflation is now at ZERO, whereas before it was at 9%!! But really it is still at 8.5% overall.

But saying inflation in July was 8.5% is also misleading, as we did not ADD new inflation of 8.5% for the month. That is just where the last 12 months ended up as of the end of July.
How dare you inject nuance and detail into this tread!!!!

How dare you inject nuance and detail into this tread!!!!
Well no one else did.

say-what-dunno.gif

View attachment 12885

View attachment 12886

Here is the full report:

View attachment 12887

Did... Some people think the inflation rate was at zero? That would be dumb.

I ate 2 pieces of pizza yesterday. I've had zero today. Therefore, I've never had pizza.

Is that how some folks were reading the inflation news of today? I'm genuinely confused as I log in this afternoon and there are now pages arguing about inflation.

Indeed! That would be dumb for someone to say our economy had zero percent inflation.

Does someone want to tell him? The Thriller has me blocked and has no idea the "some people" who think the inflation rate was zero is President Biden.

View attachment 12885

View attachment 12886

Here is the full report:

View attachment 12887

Speaking for myself it was obvious that biden was talking about no increase in inflation for the month of july. Not that inflation which was way high suddenly disappeared in july.

Well, that is what one person took from biden saying that there was zero inflation for the month of july. Yes, it was dumb.

Yes! Don't listen to those capitalist pigs at the NY Times who reported inflation in July at 8.5%!! That is clearly the old definition of inflation.
The Consumer Price Index has never been the sole measure of inflation. Do you even know what it is?

Speaking for myself it was obvious that biden was talking about no increase in inflation for the month of july. Not that inflation which was way high suddenly disappeared in july.
Biden has no idea what he was talking about. Biden was reading what was projected to him in the teleprompter. As for who wrote that in the teleprompter, they were not talking about "no increase in inflation for the month of July" because in fact there was a decrease in inflation for July. The zero percent refers to the month-on-month number which was influenced by two events. The first and most obvious is the decline in gas prices. The second was a culling of beef that served to lower inflation in the food sector even though food as a whole actually ticked up a tiny bit.

We could dig in to why gas prices dropped but the more interesting aspect is the effect it is having on the war in Ukraine. The prices on crude are now lower than they were before Putin invaded Ukraine and continuing to fall. Russia is running out of money because of it. Russia's cost to produce oil is around $50 per barrel and Russia's deal with India is for 20% below market. If the global price for crude drops to around $65 per barrel, Russia earns nothing on oil sales to India and Europe is no longer buying crude from Russia. That is why Russia is suddenly so eager to negotiate. The need to get out of the situation where they have to sell at a 20% discount.

As for the bigger picture of wishful thinking that we've hit bottom in Biden's economy, sorry but no. We are barely 6 months in to this recession. The awfulness of the fundamentals created by the democrats has only just started to wreak havoc. We have a long way to go.

It actually might be fun to create a thread for sayings we use all the time that we don’t take literally. Some of my favorite idioms are:

“I’m so hungry I could eat a horse.”
“It’s raining cats and dogs.”
My favorite:
“Break a leg!”

I’m guessing most people learning English are taken aback by many of ours. “Wait, you want your friend to break his own leg?”

Does Utah have specific ones to our state? Now I’m genuinely curious.

Other languages have some cool ones. In Brazil when you’d **** up they’d say, “he/she stepped on the ball.” My favorite was “skin a pineapple” for solving something complicated. Ainge bringing the jazz back to contention would be like skinning a pineapple.

LOL