What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Semi-fascists on the march. This is what happens after years of fostering conspiracy and hate speech. Of course these fascists think they’re patriots, their god and savior tells them everyday how they’ve been wronged and refuses to admit that Biden won.

View: https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1569864620801753090?s=46&t=sZaChux-4rN2h1awJfltQA

Yep, Dairy Queen, the ultimate bastion of all things Democrat and Liberal. Damn fascist leftist blizzard-eating sonsabitches!

The only reason you care is that Gov. DeSantis did it. You don’t care that Biden has been doing it. Do you care about the mess that’s at the border or are you on the side that calls anyone trying to fix it racists.

What do you think will happen when the boarder states get fed up with the immigration crisis. Everyone outside those states don’t care. Let Texas, Arizona and California deal with it. Now people are caring because it’s affecting them.

Why do you care about MV? It is a sanctuary for immigrants. All these cities that are taking on buses of immigrants from Texas are too.

Now these city mayors are having issues with taking on the buses of immigrants.

Chicago Mayor calling this policy racist.

Yet she does the same thing.

Did you care about this? Why didn’t you call out Biden? Is Biden racist for doing the same thing?

The only reason you care is that Gov. DeSantis did it. You don’t care that Biden has been doing it. Do you care about the mess that’s at the border or are you on the side that calls anyone trying to fix it racists.

What do you think will happen when the boarder states get fed up with the immigration crisis. Everyone outside those states don’t care. Let Texas, Arizona and California deal with it. Now people are caring because it’s affecting them.

Why do you care about MV? It is a sanctuary for immigrants. All these cities that are taking on buses of immigrants from Texas are too.

Chicago Mayor calling this policy racist.

Did you care about this? Why didn’t you call out Biden? Is Biden racist for doing the same thing?

We haven't had a good policy or approach to the immigration issue for more than 4 administrations now. Not since DACA has there been any interest in actually tackling the issue and helping these people get further ahead or be able to immigrate in an effective way, rather than using them as pawns. This is now new. The new thing is now shuttling them all over the country against their will and against the will of the communities where they are being sent. It is despicable on every level and I do not give a **** who is doing it, it is ridiculous use of human beings as pieces in a game of political control.

Now, care to address the issue itself, or do you want us to rail on Biden some more and ignore the issue in its entirety as it seems everyone is wont to do.

We haven't had a good policy or approach to the immigration issue for more than 4 administrations now. Not since DACA has there been any interest in actually tackling the issue and helping these people get further ahead or be able to immigrate in an effective way, rather than using them as pawns. This is now new. The new thing is now shuttling them all over the country against their will and against the will of the communities where they are being sent. It is despicable on every level and I do not give a **** who is doing it, it is ridiculous use of human beings as pieces in a game of political control.
Agreed
Now, care to address the issue itself, or do you want us to rail on Biden some more and ignore the issue in its entirety as it seems everyone is wont to do.
I have, with you in July.

Again, if it was me, I would pause all immigration until we take care of the people who came and are here today. This includes creating an infrastructure to handle immigration properly. Working with states and private entities to facilitate the needs of these people.
Also everyone would have to follow the laws. No solution will work if cities or states are sanctuary locations that ignore federal or state laws.

We have major issues in our country that I would make a priority, like water infrastructure, energy, homelessness, transportation, housing and healthcare. The only time I really see both parties working together is too spend money in foreign affairs. Billions to other countries in days yet we can’t do things for the American people.

I don’t see anyone in this forum rail on Biden about shuffling immigrants all over the country; just anyone on the right who does it.

Illegal immigration has been a continued problem for decades on end. During the Trump admin, Texas, Arizona and Florida still had illegal immigrants coming over the border and they weren't bussed outside of Pence's house or sent elsewhere. It's political games and we all know it and I hate when parties continue to play these games with each other.

There should be zero doubt that border states bear the brunt of this, but we also shouldn't act like countless admins have done nothing to make legal immigration easier hence why we are where we are. Maybe Washington should actually do something about it for a change vs. pointing the finger.

I agree there needs to be a better coordinated effort to respond to the refugees and migrants at the border. I don't see how that gets done without massive funding.

What do you mean by "fix it"? Stop the flow of refugees from various criminals, by sending them back to the criminals?

What do you think will happen when the boarder states get fed up with the immigration crisis.
I think it will be a day of the week that ends in a "y". I've heard these complaints my entire adult life.

Everyone outside those states don’t care. Let Texas, Arizona and California deal with it. Now people are caring because it’s affecting them.
Immigrants already move through the US. We've provided for them here in the St. Louis area. NYC has more immigrants than any 2 other US cities combined. Texas and Arizona don't have a single city in the top 10 of percentage of immigrants. Florida only has two in the top 10, and by far the largest percentage of them are Cuban (the immigrants we supposedly welcome), making up a third of the overall population.

In states overall, Florida is 4th in percent of immigrants (again, half are Cuban, or it would be 16th), Texas is 8th, and Arizona is 14th. They are not bearing a disproportionate share of dealing with the immigrant population. They're just whining about it.

When you increase the rate of influx and not the facilities, the result is overflow.

Chicago is paying for the hotels, meals, etc. Texas is just dumping people. You think that's the same thing?

Again, transferring is not dumping.

Why do you care about MV?
I’m there a great deal, and have quite a few friends who live there. So it did get my attention, for that reason alone. Myself, I do live in a very diverse area. I can take a walk down to the river and watch the Hmong families using seine nets to fish, they eat our bait fish, feels like Southeast Asia. Then come home and listen to the Dominican immigrants blasting their music loud enough to rattle my windows. They’re all legal, though, just a ridiculously ethnically diverse state.

Seriously, though, sure I’d like to see a viable solution to the border problem.
The only reason you care is that Gov. DeSantis did it.
Yeah, just about anything DeSantis related will get my attention at this stage. That’s very true. This essay below might have seemed extreme, even to me, until I read it, and realized, yeah, can’t argue too much with that. And, in truth, partly because I was a teacher myself for a time, and really, really value academic freedom, DeSantis’s approach to public education actually concerns me even more than the border problems. So, yeah, off topic to immigration, but DeSantis is a huge problem…

I agree there needs to be a better coordinated effort to respond to the refugees and migrants at the border. I don't see how that gets done without massive funding.
More than just funding. There needs to be an infrastructure and organization, with limits. Open boarder is not working.
What do you mean by "fix it"? Stop the flow of refugees from various criminals, by sending them back to the criminals?
Criminals. I didn’t call anyone criminals. Wow , you’re just as racist as Trump (sarcasm). I just explained it. Pause and restructure. You can’t band-aid all issues.

Immigrants already move through the US. We've provided for them here in the St. Louis area. NYC has more immigrants than any 2 other US cities combined. Texas and Arizona don't have a single city in the top 10 of percentage of immigrants. Florida only has two in the top 10, and by far the largest percentage of them are Cuban (the immigrants we supposedly welcome), making up a third of the overall population.

In states overall, Florida is 4th in percent of immigrants (again, half are Cuban, or it would be 16th), Texas is 8th, and Arizona is 14th. They are not bearing a disproportionate share of dealing with the immigrant population. They're just whining about it.

I think your stats are off. Not all foreign born people are undocumented boarder crossers. Wiki isn’t the best source of info.
I would use this or another chart based off of data.

California, Texas and Florida are the ones taking in most immigrants.

When you increase the rate of influx and not the facilities, the result is overflow.
So you’re saying there isn’t an influx at the boarder? From the government:

It’s probably worse than you thought. Doubling in a year…
If that is not an influx, I don’t know what is. NYC with a few thousand, the 3 southern boarder states with hundreds of thousands.

Chicago is paying for the hotels, meals, etc. Texas is just dumping people. You think that's the same thing?
Yep. Texas has facilities and food for immigrants. Probably just not enough for an extra million people.
Again, transferring is not dumping.

Trump vetoed this policy:

Yes, transferring is dumping, shuffling or what other term you want. If Florida doesn’t want to take on more immigrants, then Biden is dumping them there.

I’m there a great deal, and have quite a few friends who live there. So it did get my attention, for that reason alone. Myself, I do live in a very diverse area. I can take a walk down to the river and watch the Hmong families using seine nets to fish, they eat our bait fish, feels like Southeast Asia. Then come home and listen to the Dominican immigrants blasting their music loud enough to rattle my windows. They’re all legal, though, just a ridiculously ethnically diverse state.
Yep, lived in very diverse locations. I love it and feel like it’s the best environment to raise kids.
I served 6 months in Oroville California on a mission in a Hmong ward/branch. Ate some interesting food and had the best time there.

Seriously, though, sure I’d like to see a viable solution to the border problem.
As do I.

Yeah, just about anything DeSantis related will get my attention at this stage. That’s very true. This essay below might have seemed extreme, even to me, until I read it, and realized, yeah, can’t argue too much with that. And, in truth, partly because I was a teacher myself for a time, and really, really value academic freedom, DeSantis’s approach to public education actually concerns me even more than the border problems. So, yeah, off topic to immigration, but DeSantis is a huge problem…

Hyper left partisan, won’t entertain or spend time on that article. Just like I don’t read hyper right partisan nonsense.

Illegal immigration has been a continued problem for decades on end. During the Trump admin, Texas, Arizona and Florida still had illegal immigrants coming over the border and they weren't bussed outside of Pence's house or sent elsewhere. It's political games and we all know it and I hate when parties continue to play these games with each other.
It is absolutely a political game. Washington is not serious about this issue. Trump didn’t bus the immigrants to other locations but cities played the sanctuary game and called Trump racist.
The game changed to the right by busing or flying immigrants to these sanctuary locations.
Neither are looking for a solution.
There should be zero doubt that border states bear the brunt of this, but we also shouldn't act like countless admins have done nothing to make legal immigration easier hence why we are where we are. Maybe Washington should actually do something about it for a change vs. pointing the finger.
Easier and limits. We can’t take everyone from everywhere.

What does "fix" the border mean?

Stop immigrants from coming here?
Stop refugees from requesting asylum?
Streamline the immigration process? Issue out more worker visas?
Militarize more/Demilitarize the border?
Build a wall?
Something else???

I think we need to agree first what it means when people say, "fix the border" since that can mean one thing to one person and something completely different to another.

Also, weren't Republicans just bitching like 5 mins ago about human trafficking and the long wait times in the service industry and the high cost of food? How can one be concerned with human trafficking and not be appalled by what Abbott and DeSantis are doing? How can one be angry about the worker shortage our country currently has but also discourage refugees and immigrants from coming here?

I hope we aren't letting white grievance lead our views here on "the border crisis."

More than just funding. There needs to be an infrastructure and organization, with limits. Open boarder is not working.
There is an infrastructure and organization, and we don't have open borders. Porous, perhaps.

Criminals. I didn’t call anyone criminals.
That's who the refugees are fleeing from. What happens to them while we are restructuring?

I think your stats are off. Not all foreign born people are undocumented boarder crossers. Wiki isn’t the best source of info.
I agree. The source for the Wikipedia information is the US Census, but that should be checked against the actual Census figures. The source for the Statista page are "Pew Research Center estimates". With all due respect to the Pew Research Center, I truest the Census more.

Also, I think you have the problem off. Undocumented immigrants are not, for the most part, the ones straining government resources. They come here, they work, they pay taxes (if not always income, then property and sales taxes). DeSantis/Abbott/etc. aren't sending people they don't know abut to other places, they're sending the documented immigrants (refugees, children, etc.).

So you’re saying there isn’t an influx at the boarder?
I believe I just agreed with you above that we need more resources and funding to deal with immigrants. That would be because of the increase. I could have been clearer there.

It’s probably worse than you thought. Doubling in a year…
If that is not an influx, I don’t know what is. NYC with a few thousand, the 3 southern boarder states with hundreds of thousands.
Which are scattered across the US after they enter.

Yep. Texas has facilities and food for immigrants. Probably just not enough for an extra million people.
I have no objection to either getting Texas more resources or Texas coordinating the transfer of people to other states (as opposed to dumping without warning). However, most of that million are asking Texas for help, they're just trying to find work.

Yes, transferring is dumping, shuffling or what other term you want.
Shuffling is also not dumping. If you are providing the money/resources to take care of these people, you're not dumping them.

If Florida doesn’t want to take on more immigrants, then Biden is dumping them there.
Immigrants are being shuffled all over the country.

Semi-fascists on the march. This is what happens after years of fostering conspiracy and hate speech. Of course these fascists think they’re patriots, their god and savior tells them everyday how they’ve been wronged and refuses to admit that Biden won.

View: https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1569864620801753090?s=46&t=sZaChux-4rN2h1awJfltQA

The rhetoric for this, and for a man hiding outside a SC Justice's house with weapons and gear for abduction seem to be different coming from you. I wonder why.