What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

This is what a national security expert has to say about it: https://www.yahoo.com/news/theres-key-difference-between-classified-004201530.html
"The reason Donald Trump is in criminal jeopardy right now isn't just because of the documents being improperly stored. It was the obstruction," Moss said. "That is why it has gotten to the point it has, where we're looking at the real possibility of a criminal indictment."
Please go re-read my initial post, I literally said that. I again answered the same question 5 other times. I have never argued against this point. He didn’t follow the rules.

They all plead guilty to mishandling information. It literally says it on each of the links. You want to expand it to fit your narrative.
Perhaps you've heard of the concept of "pleading down"?

My point is they both mishandled classified information. When they got caught with it, one followed the rules and the other did not.
I agree, and have not thought you claimed otherwise. I thought you were making a claim about unfair choices in who was prosecuted, but perhaps I misunderstood.

Did Hillary do more than mishandle classified information? What was her punishment?
I have stated many times that the only reason Clinton was not prosecuted was because half of Congress (everyone who got a tainted email from her personal server, and responded to it or forwarded it) would have had to be prosecuted also.

A sailor took a few photos of a submarine, for personal use, no intent to give or sell it; got removed from the Navy, went to prison ,probation and fines. Why is that so different than a person taking 10 classified files without telling anyone and just brush it off because he plays for your team?
That sailor tried to destroy the evidence afterwards.

There's over 20K sailors of rank E1 and E2 (typically 19-22 years old, as I understand it). I would think at least 10 a year or so take pictures of the wrong thing. I would guess most of them just hand over their camera or phone when they're asked to, as opposed to destroying evidence.

@Gameface might correct me here. Maybe it really is rare.

That sailor tried to destroy the evidence afterwards.

There's over 20K sailors of rank E1 and E2 (typically 19-22 years old, as I understand it). I would think at least 10 a year or so take pictures of the wrong thing. I would guess most of them just hand over their camera or phone when they're asked to, as opposed to destroying evidence.

@Gameface might correct me here. Maybe it really is rare.
I can't really correct anything. I never heard of anyone being punished for mishandling sensitive info.

I guess what I can say is that the locations and status of our submarines is one of the Navy's most secret bits of info. I'm sure that sailor knew what they were doing was against the rules.

Comparing these two things would be like seeing 2 headlines. 1 saying “bucknutz shoots a guy”. The other one saying “fishonjazz shoots a guy”. Now looking at these headlines you would say they are the same or similar.

Then you read the article about bucknutz shooting someone and find that he was hunting pheasants and flushed one and shot at it and missed but some of the bb’s in the shotgun shelled traveled 100 yards and hit another hunter who bucknutz didnt know was there. The bb’s barely pierced the skin and the hunter who was shot didnt even need to be hospitalized.

Then you read the article about fishonjazz and find that he was mad about his neighbors dog pooping on his lawn so fishonjazz broke into the neighbors house and shot him in the head and killed him. (My neighbors don’t even own a dog and this is completely hypothetical btw.)

Ya they both shot someone but to compare the two would be stupid and nonsensical.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Comparing these two things would be like seeing 2 headlines. 1 saying “bucknutz shoots a guy”. The other one saying “fishonjazz shoots a guy”. Now looking at these headlines you would say they are the same or similar.

Then you read the article about bucknutz shooting someone and find that he was hunting pheasants and flushed one and shot at it and missed but some of the bb’s in the shotgun shelled traveled 100 yards and hit another hunter who bucknutz didnt know was there. The bb’s barely pierced the skin and the hunter who was shot didnt even need to be hospitalized.

Then you read the article about fishonjazz and find that he was mad about his neighbors dog pooping on his lawn so fishonjazz broke into the neighbors house and shot him in the head and killed him. (My neighbors don’t even own a dog any more and this is completely hypothetical btw.)

Ya they both shot someone but to compare the two would be stupid and nonsensical.

FTFY

Yeah me again…

View: https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1612910366467719169?s=46&t=Fnjpu4hv5OZNZ3vWkrvF0Q

I don’t want to hear left or right talking points. I don’t want to hear Trump. I want to hear what you think of this idea.

Here is a basic overview of a consumption tax.

View: https://youtu.be/C7k39QSdG1g

Would you like to have 0% income tax and use a consumption tax or keep the current system?
Would the consumption tax benefit you personally or would you pay more on taxes?
Would it change your spending habits? What products or services would you like to see exempt?

Then you read the article about fishonjazz and find that he was mad about his neighbors dog pooping on his lawn so fishonjazz broke into the neighbors house and shot him in the head and killed him. (My neighbors don’t even own a dog and this is completely hypothetical btw.)

You're so gangsta.

LOL

what kind of dog did Fishon shoot? If it’s a Dachshund or Taco Bell breed? Fine. Those dogs are so annoying. But it better not have been one of those cute golden doodles. I’ve got one and she’s so cute and fun.

Yeah me again…

View: https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1612910366467719169?s=46&t=Fnjpu4hv5OZNZ3vWkrvF0Q

I don’t want to hear left or right talking points. I don’t want to hear Trump. I want to hear what you think of this idea.

Would you like to have 0% income tax and use a consumption tax or keep the current system?
Would the consumption tax benefit you personally or would you pay more on taxes?
Would it change your spending habits? What products or services would you like to see exempt?

How does a consumption tax vary from a sales tax?

Yeah me again…

Consumption taxes always disproportionately impact in the negative lower income people the most. The government also cannot be funded by it. My wife and I would actually benefit from it, because were high age earners with only one dependent. While those making a lot less than us would end up being ravaged with consumer taxes.

Currently, bigger families in Utah making half what my wife and I make get a better deal than my wife and I. Which is fine with me. If anything, I want higher local bonds and taxes because the infrastructure in Lehi and Saratoga is a joke. With taxes I get better roads, more parks, security, schools and libraries.

The last bond our local school district attempted failed. That seems pretty stupid because local schools already don’t have enough classrooms or teachers. Utah has some of the highest class sizes in the nation. Again, pretty stupid. Glad I'm no longer in the K-12 system.

Last edited:
How does a consumption tax vary from a sales tax?
It’s essentially a higher sales tax. So there would be a high federal sales tax, let’s say 15%. Then you would still have your state sales tax. In Florida it’s 7%. So when I purchase something I would be paying 22% in taxes.but your paycheck would not be taxed. So you have higher take home pay.

Yeah me again…

Hard pass on a consumption tax in place of income tax.

Would corporations and financial institutions also pay a consumption tax instead of paying based on profits?

Hard pass on a consumption tax in place of income tax.

Would corporations and financial institutions also pay a consumption tax instead of paying based on profits?
I can be wrong here, but I believe I read and took it this way; the businesses would pay tax each step of production.

So if I made a pencil, I would pay tax on purchasing the wood, graphite, and the eraser. The producers of the products will collect the tax.

When I wholesale the finished pencil to stores for resale, I will collect the tax from the paying retail store. The retail store will pay the tax.

When the retail store sells the pencil directly to the consumer, the store will collect the tax from the paying consumer. The consumer will pay the tax.

So all businesses will pay taxes.

Consumption taxes always disproportionately impact in the negative lower income people the most.
I agree. Would you think removing consumption tax on necessary living expenses fix this issue? Example: don’t charge tax on groceries, medical, utilities, public transportation and other daily usage items.
The government also cannot be funded by it.
See I would think it would generate more revenue, since there would not be loopholes, tax breaks, deductions ect. Also it would depend on the tax rate that was set. I haven’t studied this enough to say this with any certainty. So you can absolutely be correct on this point.
My wife and I would actually benefit from it, because we’re high age earners with only one dependent.
Would it change your spending habits at all?
Currently, bigger families in Utah making half what my wife and I make get a better deal than my wife and I. Which is fine with me.
Agreed
If anything, I want higher local bonds and taxes because the infrastructure in Lehi and Saratoga is a joke. With taxes I get better roads, more parks, security, schools and libraries.

The last bond our local school district attempted failed. That seems pretty stupid because local schools already don’t have enough classrooms or teachers. Utah has some of the highest class sizes in the nation. Again, pretty stupid. Glad I'm no longer in the K-12 system.
In Ohio, we had a municipal income tax. Where you work, they would take on 2-3% from your paycheck. This is on top of property tax. Levy’s would also be voted on to raise money for new schools, parks and other local projects. If you lived in a more affluent location you would have better facilities and infrastructure. Low income areas might be voting to keep an art program alive at schools.

I have trouble believing it would be fairly implemented. For example, do you charge the tax on all rent/mortgages? If yes, that guts the poor. If not, the rich can buy million-dollar mansions untaxed.

Yes. That system is how nearly every country on the planet pays for things. The VAT or Value Added Tax is payed by corporations at every step of production or movement in the supply chain. Anyone claiming "the government also cannot be funded by it" is a moron because the entire OECD other than the United States does it that way.

I don't mind consumption taxes if they're set up in a progressive manner (which the easiest way to do is to set up a 'refund' for all individuals that essentially covers the tax for lower income folks).

Biggest plus for me would be the simplification of the system.

I don't mind consumption taxes if they're set up in a progressive manner (which the easiest way to do is to set up a 'refund' for all individuals that essentially covers the tax for lower income folks).

Biggest plus for me would be the simplification of the system.
That sounds good, until you get into the minutia of reporting income.