What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Unfortunately, this level of crossings is the new normal. The climb started in 2019, abated for a short while, and then climbed back up again. If the Trump-era policies did not stop the 2019 surge, what policies will?

View attachment 15146

A more recent look:
View attachment 15147

No, no, no-- stop using data and rational thinking. It works like this: If there is a problem, and the current POTUS isn't a member of the party you identify with (because it's about identity now, not actual politics), then it's the POTUS' fault. Don't you understand how accountability works in 2023? Foreign wars, grocery prices, border issues, the cost of Girl Scout cookies (evidently), public health issues, aliens, etc. ad nauseum-- if you have an opinion on it, and it's not going the way you think it should, it's the fault of <politicalpartyorpersonyouoppose>.

S&E, the general lack of response to your inane barrage of conservative media reposts isn't because you're sooooo right nobody knows how to respond-- it's because it's all so mind-numbingly vapid and ignorant. It became clear a long time ago that nobody can possibly disagree with you in a way you'd be receptive to. You don't have conversations-- you drop a pile of steaming crap, declare it's a puddin' cup, and then stand in it while challenging people to tell you it's not a pile of steaming crap. There is no critical thinking, no good-faith discourse-- it's just a torrent of ill-informed hate speech that a reasonable person doesn't have the time and patience to engage with in any prolonged fashion.

No, no, no-- stop using data and rational thinking.
Did you even read what onebrow wrote. He has 2 charts. One that shows up to 2021, so not showing Biden. The second one shows 1 year of Trump and the rest of Biden years, which shows a major gap.
There is a reason why he doesn’t show you both combined is fool you, which you were, into believing it’s the new normal.

Here is a chart that goes back a lot longer than 4 years:
IMG_3260.jpeg
It’s not the new normal. Bidens 1st year was higher than any other year in the history of the border. Use your critical thinking and rational thought by looking at the data. Never has there been more than 1 year in a row of border crossings over 1.65 million. Yet Bidens administration has hit it all 3 years. Trump or Obama never hit a million border crossings.

Now let’s keep using that critical thinking and rational thought going…why did this spike when Biden came into office?
IMG_3261.jpeg
Single adults majority young men? Never happened in the last decade.

Let’s keep going. How can we support them? With housing?

According to the National Low Income Housing Coalition, there is a shortage of 7.2 million affordable and available rental homes for extremely low-income renters, defined as households earning less than 30% of the area median income. This shortage has contributed to a rise in homelessness, particularly in urban areas.

The housing shortage also has economic consequences. The lack of affordable housing makes it more difficult for businesses to attract and retain workers, particularly in high-cost areas like California and New York. This can limit economic growth and harm productivity. In addition, the high cost of housing can leave families with less disposable income, limiting their ability to spend on other goods and services.

“According to the National Low Income Housing Coalition, there is a shortage of 7.2 million affordable and available rental homes for extremely low-income renters, defined as households earning less than 30% of the area median income. This shortage has contributed to a rise in homelessness, particularly in urban areas.

The housing shortage also has economic consequences. The lack of affordable housing makes it more difficult for businesses to attract and retain workers, particularly in high-cost areas like California and New York. This can limit economic growth and harm productivity. In addition, the high cost of housing can leave families with less disposable income, limiting their ability to spend on other goods and services.“

What about employment? According to our government, we are are only going to grow .03% annually over the next decade.

We will lose 7 million workers over that time frame. Interesting what is our legal immigration at annually now?
IMG_3262.png
Oh, that is interesting, enough to cover the loss of employees and increase of jobs.

So how can we support this “new normal”?Over the next decade at this pace we will add 25 MILLON illegal immigrants.

It’s also interesting that we can shut down the board for Covid but we can’t shut it down now.

So please show me, with data and evidence, that we can support this “new normal”.

Did you even read what onebrow wrote. He has 2 charts. One that shows up to 2021, so not showing Biden. The second one shows 1 year of Trump and the rest of Biden years, which shows a major gap.
Did you mean the gap between 2019 and 2020, or the one between 2020 and 2021?

There is a reason why he doesn’t show you both combined is fool you, which you were, into believing it’s the new normal.
I linked to the pages directly where I pulled the graphs from. I didn't see an option to adjust the years beyond those ranges. Perhaps you did.

It’s not the new normal. Bidens 1st year was higher than any other year in the history of the border. Use your critical thinking and rational thought by looking at the data. Never has there been more than 1 year in a row of border crossings over 1.65 million. Yet Bidens administration has hit it all 3 years. Trump or Obama never hit a million border crossings.
Yet Trump had that 2019 spike in late-spring early summer.

Now let’s keep using that critical thinking and rational thought going…why did this spike when Biden came into office?
What's your explanation for the change? I didn't offer one.

It's in every year of your chart except one.

According to the National Low Income Housing Coalition, there is a shortage of 7.2 million affordable and available rental homes for extremely low-income renters, defined as households earning less than 30% of the area median income. This shortage has contributed to a rise in homelessness, particularly in urban areas.
Can you tie this problem to immigration? Did it appear starting in 2021?

What about employment? According to our government, we are are only going to grow .03% annually over the next decade.

Oh, that is interesting, enough to cover the loss of employees and increase of jobs.

So how can we support this “new normal”?Over the next decade at this pace we will add 25 MILLON illegal immigrants.
Most of these encounters are people not being admitted to the US. Is the undocumented immigrant population increasing at a million people a year?

It’s also interesting that we can shut down the board for Covid but we can’t shut it down now.
We didn't. It remained porous.

Crazy how silent Democrats are when their own insurrection to stop a vote happened. Funny thing is, like the Russia hoax they believed with no evidence that the dude thought a fire alarm was a mechanism to open the door. This is how amazingly easy they are to manipulate. They truly believe this guy thought a fire alarm was a way to open a door despite numerous signs warning him and an alarm that literally says "Emergency only fire alarm."

Now their blaming Trump for record illegal immigration. NYC is literally at the brim with illegals having to close schools to house them, Chicago is at the brim, Washington DC has historic numbers but this happened under Trump according to everything is Trump's fault crowd. The party that doesn't even know what a fire alarm is... as usual blamed Trump for record illegals in New York. Then they call others cultist. Lying them blaming Trump.... One Brow knows way more than a Mayor and Katie Hochul who yester admitted it's a humanitarian crisis and the the borders and I quote are "too open?. One Brow knows more. Just as fire alarm is a door switch lol.

Screenshot_20231002-135102.png
Screenshot_20231002-135204.png

Typical onebrow. Respond with questions without addressing the data.
Example:
IMG_3264.jpeg
The question was “how can we support them” it was not about tying it to immigration. It was showing America has a major problem with low income housing by the millions. Now we add millions of people more who will need that type of housing and it creates even more issues like homelessness.

but keep cheering on one brow for his lack of data and rational thought.

Its just so quiet. I've been listening for years now how it's a threat to democracy and how terrible it is to disrupt an official proceeding, now they don't give a ****. Just like calling a black person boy was racist before Biden did it twice. I just wish for once Democrats would hold themselves to the same standards they hold others.

Here's AOC, the genius who doesn't even know what a garbage disposal is. Now if she were to pull the handle that's says "FIRE PUSH IN PULL DOWN" Id actually believe she thought it would open doors, but we all know this guy just wanted to disrupt an official proceeding to hurt Americans.He is the face of the Democrat party. He is the Democrat party. It's ok for them to riot and kill and loot, murder children and destroy innocent lives for 3 straight months, but only them. It's ok for them to pull fire alarms to interrupt government officials from voting, but if Republicans do it, they complain for 2 years and call the a threat to democracy and fascist.

Typical onebrow. Respond with questions without addressing the data.
Example:
View attachment 15153
The question was “how can we support them” it was not about tying it to immigration. It was showing America has a major problem with low income housing by the millions. Now we add millions of people more who will need that type of housing and it creates even more issues like homelessness.
I agree it is a problem. I don't have any better answers that supporting the creation of more housing units. In many Midwestern cities, there are lots and multi-lot tracts where the housing has been condemned or burned down. However, developers don't make as much for that type of housing as they do for McMansions in outlying suburbs.

but keep cheering on one brow for his lack of data and rational thought.
I welcome your criticism.

Crazy how silent Democrats are when their own insurrection to stop a vote happened.
Rep. Bowman voted for the bill in question; he obviously wasn't trying to stop a vote. I agree he should be punished for the event; we'll see what they wind up doing.

Here is a chart that goes back a lot longer than 4 years:
View attachment 15148

View attachment 15149

The housing shortage also has economic consequences. The lack of affordable housing makes it more difficult for businesses to attract and retain workers, particularly in high-cost areas like California and New York. This can limit economic growth and harm productivity. In addition, the high cost of housing can leave families with less disposable income, limiting their ability to spend on other goods and services.

“According to the National Low Income Housing Coalition, there is a shortage of 7.2 million affordable and available rental homes for extremely low-income renters, defined as households earning less than 30% of the area median income. This shortage has contributed to a rise in homelessness, particularly in urban areas.

The housing shortage also has economic consequences. The lack of affordable housing makes it more difficult for businesses to attract and retain workers, particularly in high-cost areas like California and New York. This can limit economic growth and harm productivity. In addition, the high cost of housing can leave families with less disposable income, limiting their ability to spend on other goods and services.“

We will lose 7 million workers over that time frame. Interesting what is our legal immigration at annually now?
View attachment 15150

So please show me, with data and evidence, that we can support this “new normal”.

Yeah, I read what OneBrow wrote. And you know what? I took it at face value, because he's not insufferably dogmatic about everything, and is usually pretty well-reasoned in his approach. I give him way more props for being intellectually curious and humble enough to examine where he was wrong than I do you for insisting he eat crow. Did it occur to you that is why he responds with questions, to maybe learn from you and accept where and if he was incorrect? No, of course not. You're carrying a hammer, and you think everybody else is, too. Blunt force isn't the only way to talk to people, man.

Speaking of which, nice job cherry-picking my comments. Read the rest of it and respond, maybe, huh? Numbers are used to illustrate a problem, and the problem I'm seeing isn't the one you're claiming-- i.e. the Joe Biden is somehow responsible for the influx of border encounters, etc. Do some more reading, and you're going to find compelling information like this:

Given that all individuals encountered at the border must be processed, the number of total encounters defines CBP’s workload. However, it overstates the number of unique people attempting to cross the border because it does not account for those who make multiple crossing attempts, a figure that increased markedly during the pandemic. Prior to the pandemic, about one in eight border encounters involved a person previously encountered during the prior year (i.e., a repeat crossing attempt); but the repeat encounter6rate jumped to more than one in three since CBP began expelling people under Title 42 authority, including almost half of single adult encounters (Table 2). The increase in repeat encounters is likely due to the lack of consequences associated with expulsions under Title 42, which may incentivize people who are expelled to make additional crossing attempts. (https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/f...uthwest_border_enforcement_report_fy_2021.pdf, see page 2)

In other words, the dramatic increase in border encounters is due largely to recitivism in consequence of Trump's unethical use of Title 42: People who were expelled saw no risk in attempting to cross again... and again, and again. This spiked the data, and created the numbers you've cited above.

And if you want to keep going down this cherry-picked path, we could spend a lot of time talking about how places like New York City are experiencing greater influx of migrant persons than ever before, but you really should be honest about it and include the fact that certain Republican governors have made a game out of shipping migrants from their states en masse to "liberal cities", because that's a humane way to make a point.

Again, these back-and-forth threads with you guys is just exhausting. We all know you're not going to consider anything I just said as anything more than a reason to burrow in a little deeper. It's fine. It's also depressing that conservatism in this country has turned into such a paradox, and created such a rift between people that civility is considered a weakness.

Lololol just like here. It's so insane how robotic Democrats are. Between calling us cultist, to racist, to the children using big words like fascist and also Nazis. This is the intelligence of Democrats who don't even know what fire alarm is.

"YuS a NaZi fawCiesT" lolololol

Bowman’s Office Urged Democrats To Distract From Fire Alarm Incident By Calling Republicans ‘Nazis’

“I believe Congressman Bowman when he says this was an accident. Republicans need to instead focus their energy on the Nazi members of their party before anything else.

Lololol just like here. It's so insane how robotic Democrats are. Between calling us cultist, to racist, to the children using big words like fascist and also Nazis. This is the intelligence of Democrats who don't even know what fire alarm is.

"YuS a NaZi fawCiesT" lolololol

Bowman’s Office Urged Democrats To Distract From Fire Alarm Incident By Calling Republicans ‘Nazis’

“I believe Congressman Bowman when he says this was an accident. Republicans need to instead focus their energy on the Nazi members of their party before anything else.

It really seems to me like everyone is perfectly fine with the fire alarm thing being investigated and letting that go where it is going to go.

If he really did think the fire alarm was the way to open the door then at the very least he probably doesn't need to be in the position he is in. Also, even if he was confused and it was an accident, that doesn't excuse it. He should be charged with whatever any normal person would be charged with if they pulled a fire alarm when there is no fire or emergency.

Has anyone said to you that they don't want the incident investigated?

It really seems to me like everyone is perfectly fine with the fire alarm thing being investigated and letting that go where it is going to go.

If he really did think the fire alarm was the way to open the door then at the very least he probably doesn't need to be in the position he is in. Also, even if he was confused and it was an accident, that doesn't excuse it. He should be charged with whatever any normal person would be charged with if they pulled a fire alarm when there is no fire or emergency.

Has anyone said to you that they don't want the incident investigated?
Did you not see my AOC post? The post where his own people are calling people like me and you Nazis for questioning this? The sheer silence from the posters here that sat and said for years that impeding an official government proceeding is a threat to Democracy, now they suddenly and unsurprisingly don't care? This is a pretty big deal. A Democrat official literally pulled a fire alarm so the country would shut down hurting millions and Democrats don't give a damn and sweep it under the rug.

The hypocritical silence says more than anything. They have nothing to say because it would expose the hypocrisy. Just like staying silent about their racist president calling black people boy. There is no counter argument and they know it. All they know is Donald Trump and nothing else. They can't blame Trump on this one, unlike they cowardly do Bidens humanitarian crisis where hundreds of thousands of immigrants are homeless, suffering and in over 25k missing children being sold into slavery and sex trafficking, so they stay silent.

Last edited:
Did you not see my AOC post? The post where his own people are calling people like me and you Nazis for questioning this? The sheer silence from the posters here that sat and said for years that impeding an official government proceeding is a threat to Democracy, now they suddenly and unsurprisingly don't care? This is a pretty big deal. A Democrat official literally pulled a fire alarm so the country would shut down hurting millions and Democrats don't give a damn and sweep it under the rug.

The hypocritical silence says more than anything. They have nothing to say because it would expose the hypocrisy. Just like staying silent about their racist president calling black people boy. There is no counter argument and they know it. All they know is Donald Trump and nothing else. They can't blame Trump on this one, unlike they cowardly do Bidens humanitarian crisis where hundreds of thousands of immigrants are homeless, suffering and in over 25k missing children being sold into slavery and sex trafficking, so they stay silent.
That's not what she did. She said he was cooperating with the investigation. The host said he found the explanation unrealistic.

What she did do was some whataboutism, but the question was legit. How is Santos not a pariah even amongst the GOP?

What's your opinion of Santos and the fact that he isn't being treated seriously by the GOP yet they've already taken steps to punish Bowman?

That's not what she did. She said he was cooperating with the investigation. The host said he found the explanation unrealistic.

What she did do was some whataboutism, but the question was legit. How is Santos not a pariah even amongst the GOP?

What's your opinion of Santos and the fact that he isn't being treated seriously by the GOP yet they've already taken steps to punish Bowman?
I'm not about whataboutisms sorry. If we wanted to play that stupid game what about Schumer lying about proof of Russia collusion, and Swallowed sleeping with Chinese spies? Or AOCs squad spewing constant anti-Semitism.

This has nothing to do with this guy impeding a vote that would've hurt millions and Democrats staying silent because they don't know what a fire alarm is.

I'm not about whataboutisms sorry. If we wanted to play that stupid game what about Schumer lying about proof of Russia collusion, and Swallowed sleeping with Chinese spies? Or AOCs squad spewing constant anti-Semitism.

This has nothing to do with this guy impeding a vote that would've hurt millions and Democrats staying silent because they don't know what a fire alarm is.
The Bowman situation is being investigated.

Separate question.

What's you opinion about Santos?

Again, these back-and-forth threads with you guys is just exhausting. We all know you're not going to consider anything I just said as anything more than a reason to burrow in a little deeper. It's fine. It's also depressing that conservatism in this country has turned into such a paradox, and created such a rift between people that civility is considered a weakness.
In fairness, @Bucknutz is usually a much more reasonable and thoughtful person. I'm not sure why that changed this one day.

The Bowman situation is being investigated.

Separate question.

What's you opinion about Santos?
I couldn't care less about Santos tbh. I think he should get a fair trial then whatever comes out of it should be taken serious. Just as that Democrat dude that's getting reamed without a fair trial. Just as Trump and a judge smiling at a camera that thinks Mar a Lago is 20 million when he's 100% wrong.. We are sadly now a Police State thanks to Democrats.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I couldn't care less about Santos tbh. I think he should get a fair trial then whatever comes out of it should be taken serious. Just as that Democrat dude that's getting reamed without a fair trial. Just as Trump and a judge smiling at a camera that thinks Mar a Lago is 20 million when he's 100% wrong.. We are sadly now a Police State thanks to Democrats.
This makes all your outrage seem insincere.