What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

I'm confused why a supposed grown man, would be okay with 16 y/o's discussing sexual things with their teacher rather than their parents, specifically things they WOULDNT want to discuss with their parents.
If the 16-year-old doesn't feel comfortable talking to their parents, to whom do you think they should talk? Why is a teacher worse than a clergy or a friend?

If the 16-year-old doesn't feel comfortable talking to their parents, to whom do you think they should talk? Why is a teacher worse than a clergy or a friend?
That wasn't the question, why do you try and obfuscate posts?

This is a lesson for teenage kids, to describe to their teacher sexual things/info, that they wouldn't feel comfortable sharing with their parents. This if forced, not by choice sicko.

"multiple parents complained about the content of some writing prompts contained in a book called "642 Things to Write About" provided to high school students enrolled in a college credit course called Writing in the Liberal Arts II.

Parents said there was a prompt that asked students to "write a sex scene you wouldn't show your mom," and another which said "rewrite the sex scene from above into one that you'd let your mom read."

They later mention it as a senior level course (implying 17/18 year old students).

The prompts were not assigned as part of the class, merely existed in a book that they used.

Nobody wanted to know anything about the fantasies of anyone you illiterate ****.
Thanks for bringing some facts into this ridiculous orgy of faux outrage from folks you saw something on right wing media and decided today to make this a talking point. What will these attention seeking idiots fake outrage about tomorrow? Masks? Hunter? Aliens???

And calle crazy but shouldn't we be teaching abstinence to these kids? We wonder why abortion is so astronomically high with women in their 20's

Explain. Why must you do this to a liberal arts teacher,?

Cause abstinence teaching methods are terribly ineffective.

Did I say anyone must do this?

They signed up for a COLLEGE level literature class. If one isn't up for college level topics they shouldn't sign up.

Even then I said I support the HS making exceptions for those who didn't want to participate in that section(for religious or whatever reasons).

Stop infantilizing HS seniors.

I think there's an adult conversation going on here. It's pretty heated but I think it's uncomfortable but real. Sadly all you and fish ever do is cry about me. At least I can back myself up and conversate like a big boy. You and fish on the other hand are so scared of me.

Cause abstinence teaching methods are terribly ineffective.

Did I say anyone must do this?

They signed up for a COLLEGE level literature class. If one isn't up for college level topics they shouldn't sign up.

Even then I said I support the HS making exceptions for those who didn't want to participate in that section(for religious or whatever reasons).

Stop infantilizing HS seniors.
They didn't make exceptions they completely dismantled the curriculum and apologized on how wrong it was. Hell even a judge called it an act of pedophilia.

I find it interesting that generally speaking the communities with the most amount of repression on sexual education also see the highest amounts of teen pregnancy and abortion. Want to set young people up for success? Have open and honest discussions about sex. Promote comprehensive sex education in your local schools.

A record 200,000 border crossings last month?!?!?? During a pandemic? Where a vast majority are unvaccinated?

Wow. In less than 2 years Biden will potentially let in the entire city of LA at this rate. A majority unvaccinated.

I find it interesting that generally speaking the communities with the most amount of repression on sexual education also see the highest amounts of teen pregnancy and abortion. Want to set young people up for success? Have open and honest discussions about sex. Promote comprehensive sex education in your local schools.
General Mi Lee's bot has spoken. Communists have no problem with pedophilia, just check any Antifa arrest record.

This isn't sexual education you moron this is liberal arts.

True or false?

"The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the highest-ranking military officer whose sole role is providing military-specific advice to the president, and by law is prohibited from exercising executive authority to command forces," Miller said. "The chain of command runs from the President to the Secretary of Defense, not through the Chairman

This isn't sexual education you moron this is liberal arts.

I think this gets to the heart of where we disagree.

To me - comprehensive sex education is making it an okay topic to discuss along with other topics

No, literature classes won't and shouldn't be all about sex - but it also won't be a crime to bring it up as it seems to be now in the eyes of some.

Can you imagine this being discussed at all if you replaced 'sex scene' with 'math proof' or 'environmental disaster'?

Edit - me saying 'math proof' is poking a bit of fun, obviously an impractical topic for such a prompt.

I think this is a good move to shore up our alliances with our allies while putting pressure on China. It’s a win for America so I’m sure all the Trumpers/anti China posters on here are going to praise Biden. America First, Right?

Yup. Here is an article about it on National Review:

Here is the top rated comment:
This is THE BEST news I have heard in the defense sphere in ages.

The conventional submarine was an outrageously expensive boondoggle that wouldn't have the speed to give Australia the capability it needs for its huge land area and long coastline.

Thank the Lord God that we still have SOME allies that take defense seriously. And thank goodness that we are finally putting Australia on the level of the UK. Canada, Australia, and the UK should be treasured like crown jewels in helping them add to the common defense.

I think this is a good move to shore up our alliances with our allies while putting pressure on China. It’s a win for America so I’m sure all the Trumpers/anti China posters on here are going to praise Biden. America First, Right?

I actually agree. @One Brow said China is our friend so maybe direct your triggered little *** to him, not me. F* china and everything it's oppressive, internment camps, communist government stands for.

This is literally the first post praising Biden by his own voters in over 300 post. Crazy. I also like what Biden did for the Native Tribes. Sadly the racist moron literally corrected a native American on what they can consider themselves.

The president asked Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation Chuck Hoskin to speak about the funds included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill for American Indians.

“This bill overall has more than $11 billion in investment in Indian country. That is historic. Potentially transformational investment for tribes across this country,” Hoskin said.

“Indian nations! Indian nations,” Biden interrupted, correcting the chief.

Yup. Here is an article about it on National Review:

Here is the top rated comment:

On the comment there are they referencing the US treating the UK/Canada/Australia like crown jewels or am I misreading that?