What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Children having sex and hiding it from mom?
You think that's rare for 16-year-olds?
********... They literally were aiding China by saying they would warn them of a completely fabricated attack they made up. Do you really not understand the absolute seriousness of that? What if China responded?
What if China responded to not being attacked? Would that be by not defending itself?

Last edited:
I think they were wrong to get rid of the curriculum. I on occasion disagree with other people, even people of authority.

I've never mentioned 15 year olds outside of quoting Hax to reply to their trolling.

16 year olds was the most generous to you interpretation I could give. Article states it's a senior level class, realistically could be a few juniors. In other posts I said ~17 or 16-18 because it's probably the most accurate based off the information available.

And yeah, I explicitly disagree with you on the mom bit. I think acknowledging that there are things teenagers don't want to discuss with their mothers is both realistic and productive.

So I think the prompt has two main positives - normalizes sex as real part of the students lives and also a tidy little lesson on writing for different audiences when combined with the second prompt.
Do you think 16 year old girls wants to discuss with a male teacher about a "a sex scene you wouldn't show your mom,"?

Do you think 16 year old girls wants to discuss with a male teacher about a "a sex scene you wouldn't show your mom,"?

If she wants credit for a college level literature course? Yes, should be comfortable enough with sex to do that.

Same true for reversed genders.

If she wants credit for a college level literature course? Yes, should be comfortable enough with sex to do that.

Same true for reversed genders.
What if she's uncomfortable and doesn't want to? You think all teens are hormone crazed? What about a Mormon girl or boy where sex before marriage is against their faith? You really think they want to tell a grown man/woman about a "sex scene you wouldn't tell your mom"? Isn't that sexual harassment? Forcing an underage girl to talk about sex or get a bad grade? I'm pretty damn sure what you are saying is against the law actually.

So yeah, by definition, not sexual harassment.

Ignoring the idiocy of that, I'm sure high schools have dealt with similar issues (religious exemptions and whatnot) before and would be capable of doing so.

I've never mentioned 15 year olds outside of quoting Hax to reply to their trolling.
You said high school when I responded to you. Do you know that 15 y/o's go to high school son?
And yeah, I explicitly disagree with you on the mom bit. I think acknowledging that there are things teenagers don't want to discuss with their mothers is both realistic and productive.
Yet you think its okay for a male administrator to discuss/read childrens thoughts on his/her sexuality? Things they wouldn't want to discuss with their parents? The more you talk the more you sound like a groomer boy.
You think that's rare for 16-year-olds?
To share their sexual fantasies with school administrators? What the actual **** is wrong with you people?
So now a 16 y/o should discuss with their teacher, things they would be ashamed to discuss sexually with their parents? Are you a teacher?

If they don't, they can choose another topic from the other 640.
How the heck is that non-sexual? By God.
When the child is 16+ years old, it's still gross, but no longer pedophilia. Either way, your still still trivializing pedophilia by comparing it to something less awful.
To share their sexual fantasies with school administrators? What the actual **** is wrong with you people?
What I responded to was "hide their sexual activities from their Mom". Although, as a Catholic in a Catholic high school, the priests were my teachers and heard the occasional confession.
So now a 16 y/o should discuss with their teacher, things they would be ashamed to discuss sexually with their parents?
Or, do one of the 640 other topics in the book.

Oh **** off Hax. You're a troll and the board will continue to treat you as such.

See - my statement that High Schoolers think about sex. You immediately implying I'm sexually attracted to 15 year olds.

Don't understand why the mod team/Jason allows trash like you on the boards.

To those more honest natured than Hax.

It is my belief that allowing teens to discuss sex/sexuality will make grooming/abuse situations more easily recognized by teens themselves as they will feel comfortable with these issues and won't feel like they have to hide it away whenever something like that is occurring.

Oh **** off Hax. You're a troll and the board will continue to treat you as such.

See - my statement that High Schoolers think about sex. You immediately implying I'm sexually attracted to 15 year olds.

Don't understand why the mod team/Jason allows trash like you on the boards.

That's not what I said, I asked you if you were attracted to 15 y/o's, it's a question. I'm confused why a supposed grown man, would be okay with 16 y/o's discussing sexual things with their teacher rather than their parents, specifically things they WOULDNT want to discuss with their parents.

Why are you getting so defensive?

It is my belief that allowing teens to discuss sex/sexuality will make grooming/abuse situations more easily recognized by teens themselves as they will feel comfortable with these issues and won't feel like they have to hide it away whenever something like that is occurring.

Teacher, mad.

Agree, but asking them to create a literal sex scene does none of this. You do realize a sex scene is making a sexual scenario right? What business does a teacher have knowing a 16-17 year old sex scenes?

Agree, but asking them to create a literal sex scene does none of this. You do realize a sex scene is making a sexual scenario right? What business does a teacher have knowing a 16-17 year old sex scenes?

Discussing (either written or oral) a sex scene doesn't make a person more comfortable discussing sex?

Bull.

Do you honestly expect folks to be dumb enough to buy your 'when did you stop beating your wife' style ********?
Listen man, I never accused you of beating your wife. I accused you of supporting teenagers giving sexual info to teachers, that they wouldn't want to give to their parents. You defended that position, that was your hill man. You jumped the shark.

And calle crazy but shouldn't we be teaching abstinence to these kids? We wonder why abortion is so astronomically high with women in their 20's
Discussing (either written or oral) a sex scene doesn't make a person more comfortable discussing sex?

Bull.
Explain. Why must you do this to a liberal arts teacher,?