What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Some guys in the Virginia Democratic party stood someplace while holding tiki torches, which is apparently sinister for some reason.
Well come on now. They are imitating the people who marched in the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville NC.

It is a political stunt and IMHO is is in bad taste unless Youngkin has endorsed the individuals who participated in that rally. I have no idea if that's the case or not.

I also don't consider it a "false flag" situation.

You're skipping over all the important details. The costumes were so damn obvious. It looks like some Dem hack hired some Lincoln Project folks to do the gig.
So, you think people need to be hired to wear Halloween costumes? Well, if that's the sort of thinking you need to perform to maintain your world view, that's really sad.

Well come on now. They are imitating the people who marched in the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville NC.

It is a political stunt and IMHO is is in bad taste unless Youngkin has endorsed the individuals who participated in that rally. I have no idea if that's the case or not.

In what context? Were they at a rally or going to a costume party? Was there a carefully cropped protest sign?

I had to Google this and now I see it.
1635901523951.jpeg
Yeah, this isn’t good. This is pretty low and shouldn’t have been done. That was an ugly day for America. We shouldn’t make light of it. Or try and score petty political pts.

AWww GEOrge
f86a1c44f3fe5cd2f054f590e231a7bc--vintage-cartoons-classic-cartoons.jpg

I had to Google this and now I see it.
View attachment 11331
Yeah, this isn’t good. This is pretty low and shouldn’t have been done. That was an ugly day for America. We shouldn’t make light of it. Or try and score petty political pts.
The stunt, is gonna cost Democrats the Virginia Governorship. Cant wait till we get those 10,000 hours of WH footage.

f86a1c44f3fe5cd2f054f590e231a7bc--vintage-cartoons-classic-cartoons.jpg

The stunt, is gonna cost Democrats the Virginia Governorship. Cant wait till we get those 10,000 hours of WH footage.

I think they would have lost without the stunt anyway. Youngkin will probably win by 2-3 pts.

Biden better get some of his agenda passed before next year's mid-terms. This administration has been completely ineffective so far.

I honestly think the best thing that could happen before the next general election is for Biden to die of natural causes. Cherry on top would be for Trump to also die of natural causes.

How gross would it be to watch Biden vs Trump round 2?

Biden better get some of his agenda passed before next year's mid-terms. This administration has been completely ineffective so far.

I honestly think the best thing that could happen before the next general election is for Biden to die of natural causes. Cherry on top would be for Trump to also die of natural causes.

Only the hard core supporters on the left and right would want to see that. Fresh Blood is needed on both sides.
I don’t wish either to die, I just wish both to not run.

Only the hard core supporters on the left and right would want to see that. Fresh Blood is needed on both sides.
I don’t wish either to die, I just wish both to not run.
Good post.

very gross Sadly old Joe is soooo bad that he's single handedly going to get Trump reelected

One thing that is going right is the stock market right now - 40% return on investment in my portfolio for the year. Too bad retirement is still a glint in my eye at this juncture.

For those at retirement age who had to deal with the roadblocks of last year, it's nice to see this not only rebound but continue to skyrocket to return their money back and more.

One thing that is going right is the stock market right now - 40% return on investment in my portfolio for the year. Too bad retirement is still a glint in my eye at this juncture.

For those at retirement age who had to deal with the roadblocks of last year, it's nice to see this not only rebound but continue to skyrocket to return their money back and more.
Just wait til they get the tax through on imaginary capital gains.

Just wait til they get the tax through on imaginary capital gains.
Did you mean "unrealized capital gains", as in, 'known increased value on an object not yet sold', or something else. Because if the value of a stock has doubled, that's a genuine gain even if you don't sell the stock, and not imaginary.

Did you mean "unrealized capital gains", as in, 'known increased value on an object not yet sold', or something else. Because if the value of a stock has doubled, that's a genuine gain even if you don't sell the stock, and not imaginary.
It is not a gain that I have realized until I sell. How can I be taxed on something that hasn’t happened yet? For example, let’s say I put $15,000 into a fund, and over the course of a year and half, where I put that money gained value by 100%. Now those stocks that I purchased are worth $30,000. Have I gotten to take any of that money home? No, not unless I sell. I should not be able to be taxed on that gain, until I sell those stocks and that money can actually hit my pocket, it’s actually liquid now. Heck, if I keep that money there and it crashes, and I lose all my money, do I get those taxes on “unrealized capital gains” back?

The whole thing is stupid, and the people it will hurt the most is the middle class.