What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

If true, that should certainly end his Presidency.

I've seen confirmation that a diary exists, but not that the one in the Project Veritas office was that diary. No doubt further developments await.
The more I learn about this situation, the less I think it is real. It is sounding like this entire thing is an FBI fabrication.

As I understand it, an unnamed party through a lawyer contacted Project Veritas to sell them the diary. The lawyer gave either the diary or a sample of the diary to Project Veritas to evaluate. After performing a vetting process, Project Veritas informed the lawyer they couldn't confirm the diary was legitimate and wanted to return whatever the lawyer had given them as they wanted nothing to do with it. The lawyer refused to take it back. Project Veritas said they then turned it over to law enforcement. The FBI then raided the homes and offices of Project Veritas journalists.

I'm thinking this whole thing is an FBI operation. After everything the FBI has been caught doing, I don't trust them.

If true, that should certainly end his Presidency.

I've seen confirmation that a diary exists, but not that the one in the Project Veritas office was that diary. No doubt further developments await.
It should, but we all know it wouldn't. No political party will vote to impeach/convict one of their own. That much is clear.

It should, but we all know it wouldn't. No political party will vote to impeach/convict one of their own. That much is clear.
I dunno, most politicians are trash, no doubt. But, I think democrats, in recent history, are more willing to self-police than republicans. If undeniable evidence was presented that Joe Biden molested any child, his *** is impeached and removed by all the Republicans (of course) and joined by a solid amount of Democrats. The argument holds more water when the parties are reversed.

What seems to be missed by many, but especially conservatives, is that the Democrats are a coalition and not a united and singular-minded, political party. It's a party that includes straight-up conservatives like Joe Manchin, neolibs, and leftists (kinda) like AOC.

I'm a democrat and yet I hate most of the democrats.

I dunno, most politicians are trash, no doubt. But, I think democrats, in recent history, are more willing to self-police than republicans. If undeniable evidence was presented that Joe Biden molested any child, his *** is impeached and removed by all the Republicans (of course) and joined by a solid amount of Democrats. The argument holds more water when the parties are reversed.

What seems to be missed by many, but especially conservatives, is that the Democrats are a coalition and not a united and singular-minded, political party. It's a party that includes straight-up conservatives like Joe Manchin, neolibs, and leftists (kinda) like AOC.

I'm a democrat and yet I hate most of the democrats.
Imo they self-police to lessen any impact and to buffer themselves and others from consequences. Don't worry, we know he's a bad man so we will make sure he's a better man when he gets re-elected. That kind of thing.

Nixon discovered otherwise, and pedophilia crosses some pretty tight lines.

Of course, if this were true, what's also happening is that Ashley Biden would be the victim yet again. It should be her story to tell or not tell.

Nixon discovered otherwise, and pedophilia crosses some pretty tight lines.

Of course, if this were true, what's also happening is that Ashley Biden would be the victim yet again. It should be her story to tell or not tell.
I'm going on recent trends among the parties, which are proven to be more divided and more tightly loyal to the party, than in Nixon's day. And I agree wholeheartedly about her being the victim. My comment was purely about having zero faith in our political or justice system in holding a politician, let alone a sitting president, accountable in any meaningful way.

Al Franken sys "hello" from political exile.
Yep. The sacrificial lamb exception that proves the rule. Both Trump and Biden were accused by individual women of improper behavior with nary a word of dissent, let alone any impact to their political careers. Don't get stuck in the "democrats can do no wrong" camp OB, it's a bad look. They look so much better than the republicans right now, due largely to the unmitigated disaster of Trump, but they are far from flawless in this regard.

More local, but once again, the voters voice and independent commissions using non-partisan techniques mean absolutely nothing when you discard them and just do what you want anyway to protect your hide. More bald-faced gerrymandering once again from our yahoos up on the capitol as they split up Salt Lake County into different regions for political gain.

I'm sick of states doing this crap over and over again.

My prediction about Biden's daughter's case, in which I hope to be proven very wrong, is that this story, whether predominantly proven right or wrong, will be brushed aside for the most part. I really hope it's all false just because I hope she didn't have to endure that situation. But if there is any truth to it I really hope she is taken seriously and that appropriate repercussions ensue. But I have no faith any of this will be handled correctly.

More local, but once again, the voters voice and independent commissions using non-partisan techniques mean absolutely nothing when you discard them and just do what you want anyway to protect your hide. More bald-faced gerrymandering once again from our yahoos up on the capitol as they split up Salt Lake County into different regions for political gain.

Eh, never expected anything different. Politicians are about one thing: maintaining their party's political power. Nothing else matters. It'll never change. So until we somehow get it codified in law that they accept independent oversight then it will be the same **** different day.

To be fair, the Utah State Constitution doesn't give the power of determining district boundaries to YouTubers, even ones who made up an official sounding name.

https://www.youtube.com/c/utahindependentredistrictingcommission

If you were to give that power to a YouTuber, clearly it should be Davie504.

To be fair, the Utah State Constitution doesn't give the power of determining district boundaries to YouTubers, even ones who made up an official sounding name.

https://www.youtube.com/c/utahindependentredistrictingcommission

If you were to give that power to a YouTuber, clearly it should be Davie504.
Come on, you know better than this. To minimize the group as some sort of Youtuber trying to get click views is the kind of diatribe we see in Facebook groups where facts stretch only as far as wanting to acknowledge them.

It was the official committee from Prop 4 that was passed. The dumbest thing Better Boundaries did was allow the committee to be non-binding when the legislature balked - may as well as waved the white flag on it mattering.

Why put any proposition on the ballot at all? They did the same thing with medical marijuana - our legislature could care less what the majority says.

Yep. The sacrificial lamb exception that proves the rule. Both Trump and Biden were accused by individual women of improper behavior with nary a word of dissent, let alone any impact to their political careers. Don't get stuck in the "democrats can do no wrong" camp OB, it's a bad look. They look so much better than the republicans right now, due largely to the unmitigated disaster of Trump, but they are far from flawless in this regard.
I agree Democrats are far from perfect. I think there is a difference between the singular account of Reade (whom I don't believe in every particular, but I do believe something Biden did to her was inappropriate), and the multiple accounts regarding Trump.

However, Franken was not the only Democrat hounded out of office. Recent examples include Katie Hill and Cuomo.

Some Republicans have been forced out as well.

Ohh, didn't know we turned this into a word game. Very fun!

Two words:

Operation

Valkyrie

Have they ever done anything that hasn't turned out to be total BS?
Not a single one I can recall. They lie and their lies are then spewed from Fox News, Breitbart, am radio, and Facebook where they’re treated as authentic news.

You’d find more reliable information from the National Inquirer or Russia Today honestly.

Two words:

Objective

Reality
I don’t get what point you’re trying to make here. Maybe I’m too dumb to get it? If it’s to suggest that Veritas and RW media creates an alt reality for its consumers, then you’re kinda preaching to the choir here. I think a good share of us already know this. From Hillary murdering Vince Foster to Obama’s birth certificate, to trump and qAnon working to save children, we know the RW creates a comfy fact free safe place for its consumers,. One where everything can be blamed on blacks, gays, and Jews and the precious wonderful white Christian conservative is both king and victim of a grand liberal conspiracy.

It’s a shame that so many are so ignorant, addicted to rage, and narcissistic that they’ll keep falling for nonsense put out by lying organizations like Veritas and Fox News. But… such is life.

Last edited: