What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

Of course I remember...

JgPsj3X.jpg
Beat me to it.

Because, of course….

I was not anticipating this, namely, what’s dawning on me post-midterms. I have a feeling the “elections are being stolen” narrative is now going to get stale relatively fast. The Big Lie about the 2020 election will live, but I think it’s asking a lot to think folks can just keep up the “if we didn’t win, they cheated” whining, and expect it to maintain a hold on people. Beyond the most brainwashed members of the cult initiated by Trump. I don’t think this can be trotted out after every election in the long run. It was always simply a devise Trump used to avoid being perceived as a “loser”. So, I think demonstrations, as seen in this tweet, will be increasingly laughed at….

View: https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1591890660940185600

Because, of course….

I was not anticipating this, namely, what’s dawning on me post-midterms. I have a feeling the “elections are being stolen” narrative is now going to get stale relatively fast. The Big Lie about the 2020 election will live, but I think it’s asking a lot to think folks can just keep up the “if we didn’t win, they cheated” whining, and expect it to maintain a hold on people. Beyond the most brainwashed members of the cult initiated by Trump. I don’t think this can be trotted out after every election in the long run. It was always simply a devise Trump used to avoid being perceived as a “loser”. So, I think demonstrations, as seen in this tweet, will be increasingly laughed at….

View: https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1591890660940185600

Never underestimate the power of groupthink, tribalism, cognitive dissonance, and confirmation bias. NIMBY plays strongly into this as well. The rhetoric may die down but the seeds of doubt will still germinate in many otherwise reasonable people.

Anyone saying that democracy is on the ballot is a moron- Our oligarchy class has been setting up these horrible candidates for quite some time, which is how we ended up with trump in the first place. Democrats who think their party is not another pro-corporate, pro-war, anti worker party has not been paying attention.
What have Democrats done with the majority?
Codify Roe? no
forgive student loans? no
healthcare reform? no
legalize marijuana federally? no
They have managed to fund the military industrial complex through war mongering in ukrain, syria, yeman, ethiopia, etc...
We haven't lived in a democracy in decades. https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746
These two parties on not that different- its time for a major change.

I should also add, for sake of governing, it would be nice if Dems could have a slight majority in the Senate. That way we won’t always have to cater to King and Queen Manchin and Sinema to pass anything.

They aren’t going to pass **** anyways… unless it’s more money to the military industrial complex or the medical industrial complex. They already had the majority for two years and they didn’t do jack (at least for blue-collar Americans). They have offered tons of money to warmongers and the pharmaceutical industry however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren’t going to pass **** anyways… unless it’s more money to the military industrial complex or the medical industrial complex. They already had the majority for two years and they didn’t do jack (at least for blue-collar Americans). They have offered tons of money to warmongers and the pharmaceutical industry however.

It’s hard to take posts like this seriously. Did you actually want to engage in honest political talk? It’s ignorant or unserious takes like these that make governing in this country next to impossible. Teevee and social media have sadly diminished our ability to talk rationally about politics.

It’s hard to take posts like this seriously. Did you actually want to engage in honest political talk? It’s ignorant or unserious takes like these that make governing in this country next to impossible. Teevee and social media have sadly diminished our ability to talk rationally about politics.
Why is it hard to take seriously? what makes it ignorant? Obama said he would codify roe v wade as his first item of business. Did he do it? Dems had a super majority in congress under Obama- what did they do? Did they forgive student loans? Obama took us from 2 wars to 7- he didn't make healthcare better, if anything he privatized it even more. Democrats were supposed to deliver medicare for all. I'm wondering what the fruits of the Democrat controlled government has been, why is that ignorant or unserious?
I think its a miracle of sorts more dems aren't pissed off- my life has undoubtedly gotten worse over the last 2 years and the democrat controlled government doesn't seem to give a care.

Last edited:
Why is it hard to take seriously? what makes it ignorant? Obama said he would codify roe v wade as his first item of business. Did he do it? Dems had a super majority in congress under Obama- what did they do? Did they forgive student loans? Obama took us from 2 wars to 7- he didn't make healthcare better, if anything he privatized it even more. Democrats were supposed to deliver medicare for all. I'm wondering what the fruits of the Democrat controlled government has been, why is that ignorant or unserious?
I think its a miracle of sorts more dems aren't pissed off- my life has undoubtedly gotten worse over the last 2 years and the democrat controlled government doesn't seem to give a care.
Again, it’s hard to take these posts seriously.
“Democrat” is always a tell.

Two years ago on November 14, over 160,000 Americans tested positive for Covid, over 1,400 died from Covid including 10 Utahns. Most Utah students were in masks. One teacher in Canyons School District was in the ICU fighting for her life. KSL did a story on her if I remember correctly. Some districts in the country were still navigating school between online virtual school and in-person school. The unemployment rate and unemployed persons were twice what they are today. Programs like insulin price control, CHIP, and student loan forgiveness weren’t being discussed at all. No infrastructure program had been passed. We didn’t have any Covid vaccines available to the public. And Our president was scheming to stay in office.

And I know I know, you and some posters will continue to argue with me. Some here may call me a cheerleader, I know I know. I’m so biased by the media and academia and the “Democrat party.” I know I know, I’m an elitist who just doesn’t get the workin man. Ive gotten a lot of it recently on this site so I don’t need anymore reminding about how out of touch I am with real America. I suppose I could explain in detail about the Obama “supermajority.” We could talk about the Medicare option. But why? It would be a waste of time for me when just basics about the last two years you refuse to recognize.

As I said before, it’s hard to take people like you seriously. You can’t be this ignorant/unserious and expect people like me to take time out of our busy days to respond. It’s honestly lost its luster for me.

Last edited:
Again, it’s hard to take these posts seriously.
“Democrat” is always a tell.

Two years ago on November 14, over 160,000 Americans tested positive for Covid, over 1,400 died from Covid including 10 Utahns. Most Utah students were in masks. One teacher in Canyons School District was in the ICU fighting for her life. KSL did a story on her if I remember correctly. Some districts in the country were still navigating school between online virtual school and in-person school. The unemployment rate and unemployed persons were twice what they are today. Programs like insulin price control, CHIP, and student loan forgiveness weren’t being discussed at all. No infrastructure program had been passed. We didn’t have any Covid vaccines available to the public. And Our president was scheming to stay in office.

And I know I know, you and some posters will continue to argue with me. Some here may call me a cheerleader, I know I know. I’m so biased by the media and academia and the “Democrat party.” I know I know, I’m an elitist who just doesn’t get the workin man. Ive gotten a lot of it recently on this site so I don’t need anymore reminding about how out of touch I am with real America. I suppose I could explain in detail about the Obama “supermajority.” We could talk about the Medicare option. But why? It would be a waste of time for me when just basics about the last two years you refuse to recognize.

As I said before, it’s hard to take people like you seriously. You can’t be this ignorant/unserious and expect people like me to take time out of our busy days to respond. It’s honestly lost its luster for me.

Okay important busy guy… I see trump is what you’re passionate about. At least half of your posts are something related to trump. I’ll leave you to those “important political” discussions.

The infrastructure bill was not progressive, besides it’s hard to get excited about electric school buses and charging stations when my kid is going to an elementary school with no air conditioning.

Kari Lake goes down in AZ. Shouldn't have even been that close as she's a basket case. And the tweets saying that it's impossible for her to lose as she was up in the polls just scream hypocrisy.

Republicans could have had a red wave had they just not chosen bat **** idiots in the primaries. It's a pretty large black eye for candidates tying themselves so closely to Trump.

Last edited:
Yeah, my issues with him were with underreporting Covid. Hiding the facts about that. I obviously have no way to prove he was the person behind it but it was fairly obvious what was happening. Underreport Covid, make it seem like it’s not as bad as it was, and call it pneumonia. The one nurse who tried to expose the fraudulence was then arrested at her home. It’s just nonsense. I know you’re seemingly for less government control and oversight but that’s exactly what he was doing. Controlling the narrative.

Additionally, what I can only assume is direct influence over the teacher shortage there is laughable. Allowing people off the streets (ex-military were those mentioned iirc) with absolutely no background in education to step into a classroom and begin teaching is a travesty.

Again, I have no way to prove he was behind that. But I’m sure he has heavy influence over your state’s commissioner for your Department of Education.

Having said all that, I appreciate everything you’ve said and don’t necessarily disagree with much of it. One point I do question is the federal government being able to mandate certain things. For instance, if the transmission rate and mortality rate was say 3-4x as bad as it was, should we still let people choose to remain in lockdown or not? Even if it means preventing an all out plague not seen in a millennium? Should we all have to suffer (and die—again in my scenario) because people find it too difficult simply to remain in their house for a few weeks (or a month) to watch Netflix? Now, I’m a teacher and have the luxury of working from home in said situation. I know I’m not in the shoes of others. Many people do not have that luxury. But if the government stepped in and immediately said we’ll foot half the hill for those who can’t work in person, the employer foots the other half or some ****, wouldn’t that be fine? Inflation seems like a far better outcome than billions of people dying.

Idk. I felt and still feel that Covid was a warning to us. It was like a tune-up game to get ready for the real thing that’s coming. And we failed with flying colors. Our government’s infrastructure is still a joke and they won’t change **** in any real way.

Anyway, I’m rambling. Really just more of an interesting philosophical debate for when **** really hits the fan when it does at some point. Not judging you or your take.

try being in lockdown for over 300 days as we did in the glorious gulag of Victoria Australia

Okay important busy guy… I see trump is what you’re passionate about. At least half of your posts are something related to trump. I’ll leave you to those “important political” discussions.

The infrastructure bill was not progressive, besides it’s hard to get excited about electric school buses and charging stations when my kid is going to an elementary school with no air conditioning.

So I gave you an answer and you still just bitch.

What you’re describing is a local problem. You know state governments and school districts exist for a reason, right? Typically, school buildings are paid for through local bonds and taxes by school districts. When did you last attend a school board meeting? They always allow for public comment. Have you contacted your local school board member to bring up this issue? What was his/her response?

Last edited:
try being in lockdown for over 300 days as we did in the glorious gulag of Victoria Australia
Westerners have it so good that when faced with minor inconveniences, they describe what they’re going through as gulags or concentration camps. They reveal both the ease of modern-day life and their ignorance of history.

Kari Lake goes down in AZ. Shouldn't have even been that close as she's a basket case. And the tweets saying that it's impossible for her to lose as she was up in the polls just scream hypocrisy.

Republicans could have had a red wave had they just not chosen bat **** idiots in the primaries. It's a pretty large black eye for candidates tying themselves so closely to Trump.
This is really interesting to me because Hobbs made an interesting move to NOT debate Lake. Why debate a demagogue? I like this. Deprive the demagogue of attention. As Americans we need to get back to shaming the stupidity out there. Candidates need to just turn to their fellow Americans and say, “Is this nutjob really who you want?” Which is what Hobbs did. Instead of getting dirty with the pig and arguing about crazed CRT indoctrinated children who kneel during anthems and who identify as kittens and crapping in kitty litter, Hobbs turned to her fellow arizonas and asked, “Is this nutjob really who you want?”

And thankfully, Arizona voters said “No!”

This is really interesting to me because Hobbs made an interesting move to NOT debate Lake. Why debate a demagogue? I like this. Deprive the demagogue of attention. As Americans we need to get back to shaming the stupidity out there. Candidates need to just turn to their fellow Americans and say, “Is this nutjob really who you want?” Which is what Hobbs did. Instead of getting dirty with the pig and arguing about crazed CRT indoctrinated children who kneel during anthems and who identify as kittens and crapping in kitty litter, Hobbs turned to her fellow arizonas and asked, “Is this nutjob really who you want?”

And thankfully, Arizona voters said “No!”
Yeah, less than 51% said no. I'm beyond happy that Hobbs won, but how can a person like Lake get within a percentage point of winning?

Fortunately I think the GOP got the message. Lets all hope team normal represents the Republican party in 2024.

Yeah, less than 51% said no. I'm beyond happy that Hobbs won, but how can a person like Lake get within a percentage point of winning?

Fortunately I think the GOP got the message. Lets all hope team normal represents the Republican party in 2024.
True.

The same could be said about Walker. How do fellow Americans see this and think, “hell yeah, send him to the Senate!”

View: https://twitter.com/mplskerrbear/status/1546502272112263168?s=46&t=Ua1VJqWDsPcreN7VBZNF7w

View: https://twitter.com/thetnholler/status/1581292743665778688?s=46&t=x6R_kkbb_YI_9EB-HPf4ow

View: https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1583105601088851969?s=46&t=x6R_kkbb_YI_9EB-HPf4ow

View: https://twitter.com/yamiche/status/1578088607025438721?s=46&t=D0d_Cb_WsXHlYMteXTQjSQ