What's new

The Candidacy of Ron DeSantis

The former president posted a video attacking DeSantis as an ingrate who owes his career to Trump. He posted another of what appears to be a SpaceX rocket falling over and exploding with “Ron! 2024” over it.

And he shared a weird video mocking DeSantis’ entry via a glitchy Twitter event hosted by Elon Musk.

In Trump’s version, the participants include not just Musk and DeSantis but also Adolf Hitler, the devil, a coughing Dick Cheney, billionaire George Soros, World Economic Forum founder Klaus Schwab and an FBI agent openly plotting to “take out” Trump.

The video concludes with a fake ― perhaps AI ― Trump voice unleashing insults.

“The devil, I’m gonna kick your *** very soon. Hitler, you’re already dead. Dick Cheney, sounds like you’ll be joining Hitler very soon,” the Trump voice says. “Ron DeSanctimonious can kiss my big, beautiful 2024 presidential ***.”

DeSantis at one point appeared to be a legitimate threat to Trump’s third run for the presidency, with polls showing him catching up the former president.

One poll in January even had DeSantis with a lead over Trump.

His star has since faded, with more recent polls showing the Florida governor behind by double digits ― including a recent Quinnipiac poll that has the Florida governor down by nearly 30 percentage points.

“His whole campaign will be a disaster,” Trump predicted Wednesday on Truth Social. “WATCH!”

lol
The snake eating its tail.

For those who thought DeSantis might be a reasonable alternative to Trump:

View: https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1661847481410367489?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

How ya feelin about your boy? Pardon Jan 6 insurrectionists?

This should be like the president pardoning 9/11 attackers. This is unreal!

I’m with Liz:

View: https://twitter.com/liz_cheney/status/1661848075256623104?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

Well, sadly biden just secured my vote with this ****.

Desantis had a chance but saying **** like this disqualifies him

By at least as much as last time. Remember, the last time Biden kicked Trump’s ***, it was before:

1. Jan 6.
2. Roe v Wade was overturned.
3. Before all of this CRT and book banning nonsense.
4. Before Trump’s cheering on Russia against Ukraine.
5. Before multiple convictions in civil cases and (probable) felony cases.

Pledging allegiance with Jan 6 insurrectionists, bashing Ukraine, bragging about overturning Roe, and being convicted of sexual assault might endear himself to his base but it turns all the rest of us normal people off.

It was also during Trump’s presidency and the left was highly invested in making sure Trump didn’t get re-elected. It was also before the stock market had a seizure.

To me, that faaaaaar outweighs what you said. Simply said, Biden sucks (and Trump isn’t in office now) so the left will be less inclined to get out and vote imo.

It was also during Trump’s presidency and the left was highly invested in making sure Trump didn’t get re-elected. It was also before the stock market had a seizure.

To me, that faaaaaar outweighs what you said. Simply said, Biden sucks (and Trump isn’t in office now) so the left will be less inclined to get out and vote imo.

I think the left is still highly invested in making sure trump doesnt re elected fwiw.
Many folks in the middle are as well.

Sure but not nearly as much as before when he was in office doing and saying whatever the hell he wanted. While he’s still in the news, it’s infinitely less.

Out of sight, out of mind.
I feel like as the election gets closer trump will have more rallies and debates and get louder and louder and have more indictments and he will be in the news as much as ever. Its not even 2024 yet. Just wait, he will be his own worst enemy once again. He cant help himself.

I feel like as the election gets closer trump will have more rallies and debates and get louder and louder and have more indictments and he will be in the news as much as ever. Its not even 2024 yet. Just wait, he will be his own worst enemy once again. He cant help himself.
This

And the media will help him do it. You get more clicks featuring the clown than boring Biden.

I don’t think the left and many in the middle have forgotten how bad Trump was and continues to be. He never had a positive approval rating. Does anyone think he’s improved significantly at that? If anything, key swing states have turned more blue since he lost in 2020 because of Trump and his cultists turning regular people off. Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin are more blue than in 2016 and 2020. Kari Lake for example, is the gift that keeps on giving!

Ya im still in the camp of Never trump. Just no way in hell he would ever get my vote and whoever is his opponent will. Desantis had a chance to get my vote but the more i learn about him the less of a chance he has and now with him talking of pardoning january 6th jackasses he has no chance either.

Yep. And the right will buy his ********. And be reinvigorated. And the left will dismiss his chances (like I am)…

I was so strongly convinced just 4-6 months ago that DeSantis was gonna be the Republican nominee and I feel completely opposite now. I think short of Trump dropping dead (fingers crossed) that he basically doesn't have a chance. Truth be told, I hadn't seen much of him speaking or interreacting with actual human beings. How in the **** did he become the Governor of a major U.S. state? Mr. Pudding Fingers is basically dead in the water.

Just imagine the outrage from the media if AOC said that “when elected president, I’ll serve 2 terms and I’ll destroy conservatism from America.” CNN and Fox News would have weeks of lecturing us about values and decorum. It might even be a bigger scandal than Obama’s tan suit!

The asymmetrical polarization that Repubs benefit from in this country is insane.

What does it mean to destroy leftism?

Get your *** handed to you by Disney?
Lead the nation in Covid death rates?
Leave your farms empty of immigrant workers?
Have the NAACP warn POC to avoid your state?
Hold a terrible press conference on Twitter spaces?

If so, then Meatball Rob is killing leftism!