The Church of Jarrell Brantley

Harcher

Playing with both Mudiay and Clarkson who can penetrate off the dribble should open up opportunities for both Royce and Niang. With those four as our bench rotation, the weak link is really the center position. We need a rim protector, especially because Royce is the only good defender.
We we need you to clarify if he “plays defense” or if he is a “defender”. Just because he guards other players doesn’t make him a “defender”.

The Thriller

So I’m just curious, why haven’t some of our G-League players been given any burn in real NBA games? It’s not like Green (now waived), Davis, Bradley (in the doghouse), and Niang are tearing things up. I see threads about obtaining players like Noah and Faried. Why not try our own bullpen first?

Tom Pitt

If Brantley ever worked out to the degree Millsap did it would help the Jazz ALOT, especially considering out weaknesses at the moment. But obviously that was an outlier extraordinary 2nd round pick success story.

Jazz4ever

If Brantley ever worked out to the degree Millsap did it would help the Jazz ALOT, especially considering out weaknesses at the moment. But obviously that was an outlier extraordinary 2nd round pick success story.

Unlikely, Millsap was already a very good NBA player at 23.

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
Unlikely, Millsap was already a very good NBA player at 23.

He developed a lot, actually. As a rookie and sophomore, Millsap was mostly an energy player who scored off of rebounds and putbacks. He didn't really have a handle or shooting range for several years. Brantley is actually more skilled than Millsap as a rookie, but he doesn't play as hard.

That's why his game against the Miami Heat in 2010 was such a coming out party. Millsap hadn't hit a 3 before during that season, and might have had like one made 3 in his entire career up to that point.

Last edited:

homeytennis

I saw Sap play several times in college and I believe he led the nation in rebounding for three consecutive years. He was/is a hard worker. The Mailman is proud of him.

Carbon13

I saw him too. It was obvious he was an nba player. I was so excited when we drafted him. I expected big things