What's new

The Church of Jarrell Brantley

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
Brantley is 1000000000000000000000000000000x better than Niang. Put me in there

Brantley is better than Niang.

Howard is better than Niang.

Morgan is better than Niang.

Very real possibility JWF and NWG are both better than Niang.

Bradley is better than Niang.

Exum is better than Niang.

Is there anyone who isn't better than Niang?

Oni is better than Exum. 3 years of college 3 translates. He tested the strongest in the draft. He is super durable. Very fast in transition. Lots of bounce. Can defend. Moves the ball quickly. The ball never sticks.

Last edited:

Bro, I dig your posts, but you’ve gone too far here. I’d like to see some Brantley, Morgan, and Oni, though.

Not sure any of these dudes are better than Niang. Niang would make Brantley look silly in the gleague and he has an actual NBA role.

Oni is better than Exum. 3 years of college 3 translates. He tested the strongest in the draft. He is super durable. Very fast in transition. Lots of bounce. Can defend. Moves the ball quickly. The ball never sticks.
He also can barely dribble and has next to no scoring instincts.

He has potential, but the dudes is shooting 36% from the field and 16% from 3 in 7 G League games.

He also can barely dribble and has next to no scoring instincts.

He has potential, but the dudes is shooting 36% from the field and 16% from 3 in 7 G League games.

He dribbles better than Exum. Rebounds and goes better too. And I refer to his college career for his shooting and not going by small sample stuff where a couple of games skew things.

He dribbles better than Exum. Rebounds and goes better too. And I refer to his college career for his shooting and not going by small sample stuff where a couple of games skew things.

Oni's not ready. He's like Royce O'Neale before O'Neale was playable. He's a year or so away, imo.

Not sure any of these dudes are better than Niang. Niang would make Brantley look silly in the gleague and he has an actual NBA role.

I disagree that Niang would make Brantley look silly. Niang is a better shooter on a spaced floor, but Brantley is a better scorer in the post and should be a better overall defender. The problem with Niang is that his lack of athleticism makes it difficult for him to make plays when he's guarded. Once he gets crowded by a defender, he can't do much of anything.

I'd like to see Brantley and Niang on the floor together tbh. I think Niang's pairing with Green is less than ideal for both. Would be nice if we could clone Royce and have him out there with the starters and the bench. When Mike comes back I'm curious to see if Royce lands back with the bench unit again... he did well there and fits with both groups so well.

I'm not sure how Morgan fits in with all this, but I'd like to see him get like 5 games as the backup 5 and see what happens. I think Bradley has dibs on the backup 5 minutes, but Morgan has a lot more intrigue to me. I think Quin is ready to play around a bit.

Tonight against the Heat could be really tough to play the unathletic bench dudes... it could get really ugly.

I disagree that Niang would make Brantley look silly. Niang is a better shooter on a spaced floor, but Brantley is a better scorer in the post and should be a better overall defender. The problem with Niang is that his lack of athleticism makes it difficult for him to make plays when he's guarded. Once he gets crowded by a defender, he can't do much of anything.
Well, he shouldn't either just pass out of it and relocate. He is smart enough to keep plays alive by passing. That's his role, anyways.

I like the idea of Royce off the bench with instructions to look more to score. It would add confidence to his offensive game playing against second units.

Probably on defense, but he's literally better at nothing on offense than Niang other than dunking.

I mean you could just watch the games, or any of the summer league games he played in, or any of his college games to know these things.

Why else do you think a guy with his size, length, strength, and shooting ability barely got drafted? The idea that's he's better at Dante at dribbling is laughable when the one thing Dante is good at is getting to the paint off the dribble.

He can, and does. His only problem is passing up open looks. Shooting 44% from 3 he needs to take the open shot and against bench players his drives would find more success as well.
Making wide open shots is not scoring. It's making wide open shots.

Royce's 3pt % goes from 48% on "wide open" shots to 18% on just "open" shots. The guy's nervous system ****s up kind of bad whenever he is guarded. You can see it on the rare times he is forced by the clock to try and make something happen off the dribble when guarded.

This is not the kind of guy you instruct to score. At this point the Jazz should just b telling him to take more of the "open" 3pt looks he passes up every game. That's the ceiling for his individual offense.

I orginally thought he could develop some kind of drive game because he seemed like a really good passer, but that's mostly because he doesnt look at the basket on drives, not because he's some instinctual passer off the dribble.