What's new

The coronation of Charles III

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
Coverage starts in 15 minutes, will be wall to wall on every network tonight. Mad Charlie to be crowned as King, is there a public holiday in it for us? No. The scum.

The Celtic fans say it best.

Wow! Wonder how long the monarchy will survive?

Wow! Wonder how long the monarchy will survive?
I honestly think it has only survived this long because Queen Elizabeth II was so loved and was a decent and even an inspiring person. No one wanted to make a move on the monarchy during her reign.

I don't know what it would take to end it. They own a lot of stuff and I'm not sure what it would mean for all that if the monarchy ended. I guess it really depends on how it ends.

I honestly think it has only survived this long because Queen Elizabeth II was so loved and was a decent and even an inspiring person. No one wanted to make a move on the monarchy during her reign.

I don't know what it would take to end it. They own a lot of stuff and I'm not sure what it would mean for all that if the monarchy ended. I guess it really depends on how it ends.
I would bet it will last at least one more monarch after Charles.

I would bet it will last at least one more monarch after Charles.
So Charles plus one and then maybe it ends? Yeah, I could see that. I think QEII really did a huge benefit to the whole thing and it could mean two more generations of rule.

If that's true I think QEII needs major props and maybe consideration in the monarch hall of fame (she's obviously a first ballot shoe-in, but she needs elevated honors). She really never ****ed up. She was proper as ****. She made many lesser leaders (Trump especially) look like uncultured rubes.

She took rule before I was born. I fully expect to be alive when Charles dies. I don't think I will see William die, but I might. I would certainly get a kick out of little George being coronated. Little **** has been cute as a button and seems sweet. Of course he'd probably be an old grumpy **** before becoming king, but I'd remember when...

Post Brexit there is a lot of momentum behind another referendum in Scotland for independence, if the Scots leave the UK, it may become a real issue.

Great statement from the Celtic supporters group.

Last edited:
I watched the coronation, albeit a few hours later. I'm a fan of it all. It must be my almost pure English blood and my having been born there (American Air Force Base). Plus I have no skin in the game now.

I watched the coronation, albeit a few hours later. I'm a fan of it all. It must be my almost pure English blood and my having been born there (American Air Force Base). Plus I have no skin in the game now.

Well the Royal family is German...

I haven't paid enough attention to the Harry & Meghan drama to take a side, but I do feel sad that the family is so fractured.

Not about Andrew though. He's a POS. I have the newspaper announcing his birth that my mother saved for me. I am just a few months older than him. Pleased to notice today that I still look younger than he does.

I actually think it’s cool. Respect for tradition, a look at an older time, etc. I don’t really have any problems with any of this.