What's new

The FAILED Tank

D Will Texas

Poorly executed tank by ainge and company. We didn’t start benching guys until it was too late. Now we are caught in no man’s land, like a hamster on a wheel with no chance in the Wemby sweepstakes. This reminds me of the Chiefs under Alex Smith. Maybe we will get lucky with a gift from the gods and get the nba version of Patrick Mahomes. A franchise savior

Jazz really didn't try to tank. Jazz played hard, defended, rebounded and attacked all game long. I know what tanking looks like, and this wasn't it. The only explanation I can think of is that the Jazz are comfortable with their draft position. They must have decided who they like weeks if not months ago.

I will say though that the Jazz showed some real craft in helping the Lakers position themselves to finish ahead of the Twolves and keep Minnesota in the play-in.

OP is correct though. The Jazz didn't tank, and they're unlikely to get a top pick in a really strong draft because of it. Maybe Adam Silver will reward the Jazz for their resilience.
We are getting the first pick don’t sweat it. I’ve been praying for it. I promised god I’d never bother him again if he gets this done for us, and he’s all about making deals.

I feel as if Wemby is going to have an injury riddled career at his height. Not too upset to avoid a max contract to a player like that. Could be wrong and he is a freak…but I don’t personally mind missing out

I feel as if Wemby is going to have an injury riddled career at his height. Not too upset to avoid a max contract to a player like that. Could be wrong and he is a freak…but I don’t personally mind missing out
lol why is he a bigger risk than anyone else? This seems weird to me.

lol why is he a bigger risk than anyone else? This seems weird to me.
His body man… if he adds weight then it might stress his feet and knees… if he doesn’t he might get pushed around.

Not saying he’s gonna have issues for sure but I’d be a little concerned.

His body man… if he adds weight then it might stress his feet and knees… if he doesn’t he might get pushed around.

Guys that long that have had injury issues usually carry a ton more weight. Obviously he will put a little more weight, but not that much. I don’t know. I just think he’s built way different than most dudes like that in the past.

Nice copium. Puff puff pass

That's like not talking to the hot girl cause you're scared she might dump you after a month

we never tanked at all this season, even though the opportunities to be worse were plentiful. No we never intentionally tanked until the Finnisher got hurt and even that is debateable since you know they knew we had no shot of winning past the play in anyway with JC Sexton and Kessler all also actually hurt, not resting, hurt.
Failing to lose is laughable. if you want to get Wemby call the fix in, there is no way other than LUCK to get him anyway. we have a long shot, so stop complaining

No one saw Lauri coming otherwise it would’ve been a successful tank

Yep. If lauri was just a dude we would be likely be top 5. On the other hand, the reason you want to be top 5 is to try to draft a player that you hope and dream could one day be as good as lauri is. Its pretty awesome that we already have that player on the roster.

That's like not talking to the hot girl cause you're scared she might dump you after a month

HH didnt say he doesnt want wemby. Just said that really tall dudes often have more injury issues than normal sized dudes. I agree with that