What's new

The FAILED Tank

HH didnt say he doesnt want wemby. Just said that really tall dudes often have more injury issues than normal sized dudes. I agree with that
it is true that one game against the Griz or the scrappy Jazz could send Wemby to "what could have been" status pretty fast. Unless he does not play the 5

Guys that long that have had injury issues usually carry a ton more weight. Obviously he will put a little more weight, but not that much. I don’t know. I just think he’s built way different than most dudes like that in the past.
He won’t need to add much muscle to get to the magic number since he’s so tall. I ain’t saying he will be Zion and he seems to be very mindful of how he needs to build his body out… but it’s a concern. His mental makeup and maturity are super impressive when you read about the kid. I think he will give himself the best chance at success. I’d be over the moon if we got him… I’d also want him managed from day 1 because humans that size are going to struggle with how the modern game requires so much athletic movement.

you have to take him if you go #1 no brainer.....only concern is a possible injury riddled career at his size keeping up with the speed of the NBA. just have this feeling that I would be over the moon to draft at #2 and have no second thoughts. Watching Chet Holmgren play for a year with the Zags is I think what brings the black cloud on it for me. When Chet fell, he always fell so hard. Always got up in college but nba a different beast and Wemby is an even more awkward unicorn size than CH.