What's new

The Future: Who to Keep, at what price, and what it means for us

I don't wanna diss Burks because his year was pretty solid all things considered. On my eyeball test though, he just doesn't seem to fit in with this team concept and looks sort of out of place.

What does the schedule have to do with it? Also, Hood has been injured too so The games during Burks injury arent included for comparing.

We have over 400 minutes already, dont need more really.

I think you're asking the wrong questions tho. Does Burks fit in if we have a point guard? Maybe, but we only have 24 minute sample size. Jazz are +9 when Exum replaces Burke.

2nd question does Burks fit in if Gobert replaces Kanter? Gobert and Favors have had such little burn so far that we do not know. This is why the Kanter injury is a good thing so we can find out. Too bad Burks is out and we have two variables complicating potential answers. We could know our core in two weeks if Burks wasn't hurt.

Better teams typically have really good starters.

I don't wanna diss Burks because his year was pretty solid all things considered. On my eyeball test though, he just doesn't seem to fit in with this team concept and looks sort of out of place.
Agreed.
Something just didnt look right.

I'm hoping that the team as a whole just was not as good or as far along learning the system earlier in the year and that if Burks was healthy and on the court with gobert, favors, and Hayward, the way they are playing now that he and the team would look better.

That might be just wishful thinking though.

From what I have heard we actually have zero minutes. (I hear Burks has been dealing with a shoulder injury his while career..... Though I never knew about before like a month ago)

From what I have heard we actually have zero minutes. (I hear Burks has been dealing with a shoulder injury his while career..... Though I never knew about before like a month ago)

? Thats like saying we dont know what Brett Favre or Peyton Manning were because they always played with injuries. I've seen Burks play healthy, we all have.

? Thats like saying we dont know what Brett Favre or Peyton Manning were because they always played with injuries. I've seen Burks play healthy, we all have.
Ya, I agree.

Kanter has about a 70/30 chance of being dealt. The Jazz will want the cap room to go hard after Dragic, Millsap, Deng on July 1st.
Other than that, I see no roster changes.

How bad was Burks injury when he was playing with the injured shoulder? Was he playing at 20% of optimal health? 40%? 60%? 80%? 95%?

TIA.

Kanter has about a 70/30 chance of being dealt. The Jazz will want the cap room to go hard after Dragic, Millsap, Deng on July 1st.
Other than that, I see no roster changes.
I could see trey being moved as well. Other than that, just minor moves probably.

How bad was Burks injury when he was playing with the injured shoulder? Was he playing at 20% of optimal health? 40%? 60%? 80%? 95%?

TIA.

Clearly 100% before the re-injury. It's not like Kobe where you can see it affects his game.

You and Fishonjazz forgetting he had some really good games? Streaky but really good at times.

Clearly 100% before the re-injury. It's not like Kobe where you can see it affects his game.

You and Fishonjazz forgetting he had some really good games? Streaky but really good at times.

Really? Clearly 100% before the re-injury? Okay, I'm not sure how the hell you know that, but I'll take your word for it because you obviously know a lot more than I do about player injuries.

Really? Clearly 100% before the re-injury? Okay, I'm not sure how the hell you know that, but I'll take your word for it because you obviously know a lot more than I do about player injuries.

Well that passive aggressived quickly.

You couldn't tell Burks was 100% most games? I could. Just because the media tells you he struggled with injury doesnt mean its automatically true or every game. We know dude had a shoulder issue they had him wrapped up in body armor all year. He was still 100% or at least 98.6.

What holds? I put in the hold for Evans and we already extended Burks.

He's talking about the holds for exceptions. In order to use cap space, these exceptions must be renounced, with the exception of the room exception. All it means is that Utah can't use cap space and then use the MLE or a TPE or something. Basically, if you're talking about getting under the cap far enough to go after a significant FA, it's just assumed that the holds will be renounced. It doesn't change anything about what you've said so far.

You're assuming he's done developing and won't get any better. Judging by the contract Utah gave him, I'm guessing they disagree.
We could know our core in two weeks if Burks wasn't hurt.

Sorry, but that's nutty. Right now we know we have 3 keepers, but even those guys are tradable in the right deal, with the possible exception of Gobert. This whole talk of core this and core that has always been about people making assumptions as to players developing, as if it's a given. Giving Burks 2 more weeks won't tell us anything as to how he might develop over the next few years, and since he's not really tradable at the moment, I guess he's part of the "core" for now.

I'd be looking at trading some combination of players not named Favors, Gobert, Hayward or Exum into a reasonably young physical wing defender who can shoot it.