What's new

The Inevitable Favs Reunion

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
It is happening... lots of smoke around it. Tony Jones has said multiple times he wants to come back... it is a super Jazzy move to bring back a guy we love. I'm not sure I want to pay that much for a backup center but I love Favs and the guys all love Favs. Ingles can run pick and roll with the second unit that way. Here are two ways it happens:

1- the best route is we trade Ed, Tony, and 2 second round picks to NO in a sign and trade deal. NO may do it because they are operating over the cap anyway and if Favs wants to leave this gives them some trade fodder for later in the season... TB may have a little trade value (his raw numbers are good)... and they get two second round picks.

2- sign him outright using the MLE and then look to deal TB and Ed using second round picks to teams with space.

3- Sign him outright and say goodbye to JC because we don't have the dough to go into the tax and can't find a home for Ed and TB (it should be doable).

It just feels like its happening.

It can definitely be done without Clarkson. And it should be done, he would be the perfect compliment. And i adore him.

Putting Favs back at the 4 will help solve several issues for the jazz. At least Rudy will be free to leave his man to contest the shot knowing Favs's got him covered.

Putting Favs back at the 4 will help solve several issues for the jazz. At least Rudy will be free to leave his man to contest the shot knowing Favs's got him covered.
All of your ****ing whining about needing to be a better team and that our roster is built like garbage, and you wanna go back to what we knew more than anything else wasn't working all those years?

Because it wasn't working. It won't work. He would be a backup/depth and anything more than that would be a straight-up mistake.

All of your ****ing whining about needing to be a better team and that our roster is built like garbage, and you wanna go back to what we knew more than anything else wasn't working all those years?

Because it wasn't working. It won't work. He would be a backup/depth and anything more than that would be a straight-up mistake.
except we won't have the same roster? our team is built like garbage because we gained offense at the expense of our defense. we did a zero-sum instead of net improvement. Getting Favs back in the lineup while keeping all of our offensive weapons would definitely serve as a big plus to our lackluster rebounding and defense.

I am great with this depending on the particulars. Him playing alongside Rudy with any kind of regularity whatsoever is a non-starter.
the team will have plenty of spacing still with Rudy/Favs combo as long as we keep three of DM/Bojan/Ingles/JC on the floor. trade Conley for a 3nD then put DM at the point we may still manage to keep our playoff spot next season.

We probably sign him with the MLE (8-10M a year). He is definitely getting a pay cut. We can keep JC too.
We'd have to dump some salary to avoid the tax... and you can bet your *** we will avoid the tax.

Everyone can spare me the "but ownership has said they will pay the tax... yada yada". That is what ownerships always say and its usually qualified with "if we have a contender" or "if it makes us better". And then they always cheap out. Tillman Fertita said the tax didn't even factor into his thinking with the rockets a couple years ago... and every move he made somehow had them taking back less salary until they avoided the tax... while sitting on their full MLE. Just saying owners always say that ****.

I am great with this depending on the particulars. Him playing alongside Rudy with any kind of regularity whatsoever is a non-starter.
I think they'd play a bit together... not sure Favs is ready to go full 12 minute a game backup... he may not care if it prolongs his career.

I worry about his body and he looked not good in the bubble. I think he may have checked out of the season and then forgot to get back into shape.

I love Favs and giving Joe someone to run pick and roll with on the second unit is great. I'd still like a stretch 5 option but... oh well.

I'd probably do some pre-agency due diligence and see what NO would be willing to do pre-draft... might use our pick to trade back into the second round and pick up a couple extra seconds if that greases the wheels for NO.

This. It would need to be purely match-up driven, not any kind of regular rotation. Maybe play around with it a bit with the new pieces (Bojan, DM, Ingles to stretch the floor), but in the regular season and playoffs it would have to be a switch-up/different-look/match-up scenario exclusively.

This. It would need to be purely match-up driven, not any kind of regular rotation. Maybe play around with it a bit with the new pieces (Bojan, DM, Ingles to stretch the floor), but in the regular season and playoffs it would have to be a switch-up/different-look/match-up scenario exclusively.
Then unless you can get Jamychal Green or else we are still killing ourselves with no PF in the lineup. Rudy will still be scared to come out to challenge because he can't leave his own man behind then give away offensive boards to the opponent.yet our horrendous perimeter D means Rudy has to come out to help our small and slow-footed defenders before folks like Jamal Murray/Eric Gordon/Dennis Schroder drop 40 or even 50 on us again. Pick your poison