What's new

The Jazz are frauds..

It is fools gold. Teams have cracked the code and the team has crumbled.
Nobody’s cracked the code. The only code is when they realize they can muscle us and we’ll fold. But this is more that we’re beating ourselves and not having a killer instinct. This has been a problem for a couple years. It’s not unknown. It’s always been there. We felt this way to start the season. We were able to overshadow it (but not overcome it) with great okay.

The team and coaching staff need to ensure that we put forth at least the modicum of effort to allow us to continue to overshadow it, since I do not believe we can overcome it.

Nobody’s cracked the code. The only code is when they realize they can muscle us and we’ll fold. But this is more that we’re beating ourselves and not having a killer instinct. This has been a problem for a couple years. It’s not unknown. It’s always been there. We felt this way to start the season. We were able to overshadow it (but not overcome it) with great okay.

The team and coaching staff need to ensure that we put forth at least the modicum of effort to allow us to continue to overshadow it, since I do not believe we can overcome it.
It's depressing.

The defense has been the big issue... Locke outlined it. The defense has been below average for a month or so.

IDK what the solution is, but as a contender we are semi fraudulent.

We've lacked a physical defensive disruptor on the perimeter. Royce is solid positionally but we don't have a disruptive energy guy anywhere in the rotation. I had hoped Shaq would be that and would get an opportunity but he apparently wasn't good enough or Niang was so good he can't be replaced.

It just feels like a tough disruptive perimeter guy would do so much for us. Pat Bev, Jevon Carter, Thybulle, Caruso, Bruce Brown... the rockets have 3 guys I'd be curious on Nwaba, Tate, Brown. We just need someone that is going to pressure guys at least a little and get some deflections/steals... or a guy that's gonna start a fight. Even just a disruptive agitator like Campazzo or TJ McConnell would infuse some energy (we have no rotation minutes at guard so I am eyeballing wings).

The overall softness really only has two rotation spots that we can improve on imo... either Bojan or Niang. As others have mentioned... I am not sure how much bang for your buck you get replacing Niang spot with some toughness.

We need the defensive version of JC... a defender that can make some energy plays to get us going.

The overall softness really only has two rotation spots that we can improve on imo... either Bojan or Niang. As others have mentioned... I am not sure how much bang for your buck you get replacing Niang spot with some toughness.

We need the defensive version of JC... a defender that can make some energy plays to get us going.
While one issue is personnel, I think rigidity of rotation is going to be the next barrier. Unless it's an obvious guy that can come in and play like an OPJ, in the same way that Quin immediately put Jae in (though Jae definitely had less people in front of him), I just have a really hard time thinking the kind of guy we can pick up would allow Quin to feel comfortable either moving Niang out of the rotation or cutting anyone else's minutes. This is why OPJ really is our only hope, otherwise all these other guys will be the same desert mirage that Shaq was.

While one issue is personnel, I think rigidity of rotation is going to be the next barrier. Unless it's an obvious guy that can come in and play like an OPJ, in the same way that Quin immediately put Jae in (though Jae definitely had less people in front of him), I just have a really hard time thinking the kind of guy we can pick up would allow Quin to feel comfortable either moving Niang out of the rotation or cutting anyone else's minutes. This is why OPJ really is our only hope, otherwise all these other guys will be the same desert mirage that Shaq was.
Scheme and rotation rigidity is an issue imo... I don't think it helps when we suck in the 1st quarter because Quin will not have the cushion to get wild.

Niang doesn't deserve to get benched because he's been solid... but we just need something different. Maybe give Bojan - 5-8 minutes less per night until he figures his **** out and gift those minutes to Niang.

I even think Ersan taking a charge would be quite helpful. We need defensive playmakers and taking a charge definitely qualifies. Bend don't break works when you clean up the missed shots and don't bend easily... we need to get a bit more aggressive imo... rather than hoping guys miss shots we need to be a little more forceful.

I stand by it. Donovan was awesome.in the last three possessions and Rudy was also equally great defensively. But it was against a non playoff team..and until they can pull this off during the mundane portion of the game then I will think they are easily beatable by all the top tier teams.

The defense has been the big issue... Locke outlined it. The defense has been below average for a month or so.

IDK what the solution is, but as a contender we are semi fraudulent.

We've lacked a physical defensive disruptor on the perimeter. Royce is solid positionally but we don't have a disruptive energy guy anywhere in the rotation. I had hoped Shaq would be that and would get an opportunity but he apparently wasn't good enough or Niang was so good he can't be replaced.

It just feels like a tough disruptive perimeter guy would do so much for us. Pat Bev, Jevon Carter, Thybulle, Caruso, Bruce Brown... the rockets have 3 guys I'd be curious on Nwaba, Tate, Brown. We just need someone that is going to pressure guys at least a little and get some deflections/steals... or a guy that's gonna start a fight. Even just a disruptive agitator like Campazzo or TJ McConnell would infuse some energy (we have no rotation minutes at guard so I am eyeballing wings).
This.

Anybody who is surprised that these issues are cropping up hasn’t been paying attention.

They didn’t just go a away because we had a hawt streak.

I've also heard that Birds Aren't Real? OP please confirm!

images

I stand by it. Donovan was awesome.in the last three possessions and Rudy was also equally great defensively. But it was against a non playoff team..and until they can pull this off during the mundane portion of the game then I will think they are easily beatable by all the top tier teams.
Do you really think that the raptors roster from last night (that they haven't had all season long) isn't a playoff team?
You crazy if you think that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz aren't matching other team's intensity. Players want to knock off the best, you have to be prepared or you get exposed.

Jazz defensive philosophy for the past 4 weeks has pretty much been "Rudy will bail us out" which is why the transition defense is a nightmare.

Otherwise Bogey is slumping (he'll turn it around) Clarkson has been wildly erratic (he'll level off)

But if Utah doesn't take care of the first two, then they are pretty much are frauds - or more so a middle of the pack team that played over their heads for 35 games.

What I don't understand is if fans see the obvious flaws in individual players, team concepts, team strategies, etc
why can't the head coach and his assistants see them and take immediate actions to correct.
This applies to not just the Jazz by the way. Many teams seem to have no idea what to do.

Isn’t it terrible that this team would fraud us like this?

I mean, those wins weren’t real. They were fake wins.

it’s almost as if they don’t even count. The season is already over, and we have already lost.

So the Jazz are not just frauds. They are failures also.

It is funny to see clarkson have literally his first 2 or 3 bad games of the season and how people start to lose their minds over it. He's the least of our worries right now.