What's new

The Jazz have acquired the 13th pick and select Donovan Mitchell

I think one of the reasons that DM got in Tatum's face is because Tatum was staring down people when he hit his first couple shots. Tatum started it. Mitchell just finished it.
And do I ever love the fact that the Jazz have another guy who thinks that way. Rudy has that killer instinct. I see it in Mitchell as well.

And do I ever love the fact that the Jazz have another guy who thinks that way. Rudy has that killer instinct. I see it in Mitchell as well.

We need more of it. The I don't care who you are I'm here and I'm the man!

That's a 12 and a 24 pick turned into a 13.

I was cool with it for a minute cuz I thought that maybe we made the pick for someone else. Maybe this was part of a package. Now that it seems that it is not I'm super bummed.

I doubt we keep Hayward on the promise of a late lottery pick. Cuz they have turned out so great in the past.

It's Trey Lyles and Tyler Lydon for Donovan Mitchell.

I'd do that trade all day today, and tomorrow, and the next day.

Whether Hayward stays or not, it was the right move. Perimeter defenders with offensive skills are pretty difficult to find. I don't see how you could be bummed about it.

I'd say I crushed it, but even I undersold Mitchell.

I'd say I crushed it, but even I undersold Mitchell.
Yeah, it’s amazing what he’s turned into. I looked back recently at like the first 15 games of the season and man was Donovan putting up some shots. One game he shot 3/20, plenty of others he shot like 5/17. It’s a testimate to the kid for his mental toughness not to get down, but him being given the opportunity and freedom he has here contributed to his success as well. Not many rookies would be given the freedom to jack up 15-20 shots a game, miss most of them, and be given the green light to keep shooting. He had more fga than anyone on a lot of nights. It’s a testimate to how much the Jazz coaching staff, teammates, and organization believed in Donovan from the beginning. No one saw this coming, but there was a definite reason they made the move, and DL deserves a lot of credit.

6'3" combo guard with questionable shot selection. Why so much hype?

lolz hype

Moved up for undersized and offensively limited. OK. Yawn I guess?

lolz yawn

This is one of the single best days for me as a Jazz fan. #*%^ing LOVE this kid. Now let's plan that parade route.

Bodhi nailed it.

Of course, I appreciate people going out on a limb on the forum with their strong opinions and it's easy to ridicule the folks who got this wrong. But this is funny stuff.

Where's the game thread for the Rising Stars Challenge? :)

Good reading here. Had never heard the name once when we took him, but I loved him the first time I watched highlights. Glad all my initial posts were positive. All of you guys were definitely on top of it, loved it from the get go. Cy with this one and Kuzma is definitely a guy I’ll be listening to during the draft this year. Let’s do it again.

Remember and own this post.
Well done Bodhi.

Bull **** I have been anything but pessimistic all season

This offseason I am very negative, starting tonight (I was previously hopeful). I think that there is good reason to be negative. It would be awesome to get a fairytale ending but this is shaping up to be a tragedy.
We got the fairy tale. Yay for us.

We got the fairy tale. Yay for us.
Yep

We got a superstar. Insane season. Surreal. I'm not even sure I was wrong(99% of the time). Glad that I was

Honestly I don't feel too bad about it. How often does a late lottery pick turn out to be this kind of special? The kid did things that only the shortlist of goats had done.

He broke a Jazz playoff rookie record of Malone( points!)and Stockton(assists!). The Holy duo of Jazz nation. Did I see that coming? Nope, and I'm ok with that, ecstatic with that, over the moon with that.

Also broke the record for most 3pt'ers missed.
His inefficiency might be cause for concern going forward. But I'm 99% positive it's something he'll focus on this summer.

Undersized, inconsistent shooting the ball. Im glad we dumped Lyles but not overly thrilled about this guy. Mabye he can make up for it with athleticism so it gives me some hope, but yeah kind of mixed on the pick

Bull **** I have been anything but pessimistic all season

This offseason I am very negative, starting tonight (I was previously hopeful). I think that there is good reason to be negative. It would be awesome to get a fairytale ending but this is shaping up to be a tragedy.

Anyone else thinks his body language during his first interviews was very unauthentic?

Repent for your sins

Thanks for that gift god of basketball! Before Spida, I was a bit jealous about some teams which picked youngs players like giannis, booker quite far in the draft. But Now, I woudnt change Donovan for anybody. This kid have everything we can hope, everything... he is gonna be great, a legend for the jazz. He is special and I think We really don't realise how much we are lucky to have this kid. Please god of basketball keep him healthy

Sent from my SM-A520F using JazzFanz mobile app

Also broke the record for most 3pt'ers missed.
His inefficiency might be cause for concern going forward. But I'm 99% positive it's something he'll focus on this summer.

And he still shot 34% from 3, which is respectable for any rookie. His efficiency will improve, but I think having Ricky pulling a full year of what he did in the second half of last year will only help take some pressure off of DM. I was surprised how good that backcourt was when Ricky started firing.