What's new

The Jazz have acquired the 13th pick and select Donovan Mitchell

I just took a tour of the apartment Mitchell is moving into. It's renting for 7k per month. It wasn't 7k nice. But a cool place. A bunch of the jazz guys live there including favors who's truck was there. 4th West apartments. They do have a nice pool and some good pool views...

I just took a tour of the apartment Mitchell is moving into. It's renting for 7k per month. It wasn't 7k nice. But a cool place. A bunch of the jazz guys live there including favors who's truck was there. 4th West apartments. They do have a nice pool and some good pool views...
Have you seen Gobert's place? That place is nice.

Also broke the record for most 3pt'ers missed.
His inefficiency might be cause for concern going forward. But I'm 99% positive it's something he'll focus on this summer.

Donovan wasn't even really inefficient. It's rare for rookies or volume shooters to be efficient; considering Donovan was both, and considering the degree of difficulty on his shots given how much our offense relied on him, his efficiency was actually outstanding.

I've never understood the idea of renting at such a high rate especially in Utah. Why not buy at that point. It's not like this is New York.

I've never understood the idea of renting at such a high rate especially in Utah. Why not buy at that point. It's not like this is New York.
Probably because you dont know how long you are going to be there. Probably a lot of homeowner **** young players like Mitchell dont want to deal with. And if you know your going to get that fat max in a few years, I guess you just want to wait to buy a house until then.

Probably because you dont know how long you are going to be there. Probably a lot of homeowner **** young players like Mitchell dont want to deal with. And if you know your going to get that fat max in a few years, I guess you just want to wait to buy a house until then.

The mortgage would be cheaper than that. Plus hiring somebody to take care of it. Plus it’s adding equity.

Renting in his case is silly. Just buy.

If I was a professional athlete, I wouldn't want to buy a home unless I was about to start a family.

You're already making so much money that the cost of lost equity isn't necessarily outweighing not having to deal with with the various stresses that come with home ownership.

Some might read the housing market as being high right now. Maybe not the right time to buy.

Probably means Donovan is going to demand a trade to the Lakers, obv.

Eenie Meenie’s alt.

If I was a professional athlete, I wouldn't want to buy a home unless I was about to start a family.

You're already making so much money that the cost of lost equity isn't necessarily outweighing not having to deal with with the various stresses that come with home ownership.
You can buy extremely nice apartments or town houses that have HOA's that take care of everything. You can sell it after you're done with it.

It's the right time to buy in Utah, it's only going up.
Yes, that's what they were saying in 2006 when I bought my house...

"It gone up x amount the last several years, it just keeps going up! Consider it an investment"

Good thing I bought my house to have a place to live and I was able to stick it out for 12 years before the value went back up.

I couldn't find any underwear. It was a real bummer.

I was taking a tour of the apartments. It's actually weird that the sales guy offered up so much info on personal stuff. Maybe it's a selling point for them.
How big are they and why were you looking at $7,000 a month apartments?