What's new

The Jazz have acquired the 13th pick and select Donovan Mitchell

Been stalking professionally for long or are you just a motivated amateur? Who gives a **** where Rudy lives as long as it isn't in a cave or under a bridge like a troll? I'm sure his joint is lovely but why are you guys putting it into a public forum? Jesus wept.

Ya, and now you just quoted his address too. So even if he deletes it.....

That apartment was about 1k sqft. I'm shocked at the price.

I was looking out of curiosity but no actual interest. It was just kind of near my house so curiosity got the best of me.
I looked their website.(had to see what $7,000 a month looked like) and ta a nice place. Doesn’t look all that big, he could have a mansion for that but money isn’t really ever gonna be an issue for the guy again. I thought he already lived there? Just upgrading I guess?

I looked their website.(had to see what $7,000 a month looked like) and ta a nice place. Doesn’t look all that big, he could have a mansion for that but money isn’t really ever gonna be an issue for the guy again. I thought he already lived there? Just upgrading I guess?
Yes, he lives in that apartment place already but I guess he wants a bigger room.

I agree its a way overpriced for SLC. I could see that price in a bigger city but no SLC. He could pay less per month for a nicer condo downtown or even buy a mansion and pay less. But I dont think he is too concerned about overpaying for an apartment. The apartments are really close to the arena, a lot of other Jazz players live there, and the roof pool area is pretty nice.

Yes, he lives in that apartment place already but I guess he wants a bigger room.

I agree its a way overpriced for SLC. I could see that price in a bigger city but no SLC. He could pay less per month for a nicer condo downtown or even buy a mansion and pay less. But I dont think he is too concerned about overpaying for an apartment. The apartments are really close to the arena, a lot of other Jazz players live there, and the roof pool area is pretty nice.

According to their website, their 2 bedroom apartments max out around 2500 a month. Where did you get the 7000 number from? Is he renting the penthouse?

According to their website, their 2 bedroom apartments max out around 2500 a month. Where did you get the 7000 number from? Is he renting the penthouse?
Yes, its the price for the penthouse suite. I got the number from the employee who gave us a tour of the place and had a brochure for it.

I went there to do yoga and swim and they were trying to do a sales pitch so I figured I would check it out. The studio for $1200 a month is a rip off but the penthouse suite is not 6X better. Its not even nice materials in the apartment.

Yes, its the price for the penthouse suite. I got the number from the employee who gave us a tour of the place and had a brochure for it.

I went there to do yoga and swim and they were trying to do a sales pitch so I figured I would check it out. The studio for $1200 a month is a rip off but the penthouse suite is not 6X better. Its not even nice materials in the apartment.

Admit it. You are stalking.

Admit it. You are stalking.

I am not opposed to that. But I actually had no idea that is where he was living until the employee told us. The pool had a great view, I would hang out there again. But not to see Jazz players.

You can buy extremely nice apartments or town houses that have HOA's that take care of everything. You can sell it after you're done with it.

HOA's can potentially make home ownership even less appealing.

I literally sold my last home primarily because of how big of a pain in the *** the HOA was to deal with. You can do all your research on the HOA, buy a home, and then get blindsided by a change in the HOA management or the implementation of new rules that you're powerless to do anything about.

https://outofyourrut.com/avoid-buying-hoa-neighborhoods/

I'm never buying a home under an HOA again.

HOA's can potentially make home ownership even less appealing.

I literally sold my last home primarily because of how big of a pain in the *** the HOA was to deal with. You can do all your research on the HOA, buy a home, and then get blindsided by a change in the HOA management or the implementation of new rules that you're powerless to do anything about.

https://outofyourrut.com/avoid-buying-hoa-neighborhoods/

I'm never buying a home under an HOA again.
Despise HOAs.

What a coup. Giving up a guy who, while I personally liked him, had a god awful year to move up 11 spots in the draft is nuts.

I find it hard to believe that Denver couldn't have done something better than this. Were there really no other teams willing to wheel and deal for the 14th pick?

Hi everyone. Louisville fan and grad here. Figured I'd give some nuggets on this kid. But first I was kinda glad the Jazz took him. I don't really have an NBA team and found myself pulling for the Jazz during this years playoffs. I loved that tandem of Gordon and Rudy, so maybe it can stay in-tact.

So anyway...about Mitchell

Pros
Uber-athletic --his high school dunk videos he'd post were ridiculous.

Amazing attitude - This kid has it all with attitude. He's funny, engaging, articulate, professional. One of our beat-writers said it best - "Once teams see Donovan's measurables at the combine their jaws will drop, but once they meet with him they're gonna fall in love with this kid." His dad has been a scout/rep for an MLB team the kid's entire life. And his dad has kind of raised him for this moment, to be a professional athlete, with emphasis on the professional part. He'll definitely be one of those pillar of the community types. And to boot he's an amazinf teammate. Picture the guy who will shed all on the praise on the guys around him even after being the best guy on the court.

Rebounding - he's not Westbrook, but he has potential to be one of the best rebounding guards in the NBA. He's got a really strong core and long arms and with his slashing ability he is one of those "where did he come from rebounders" he'll steal a lot of defensive rebounds where he wasn't even in the paint when the ball gets to the rim.

Work ethic - his transformation from Fr to So year was really something. He legitimately improved in every facet of the game. One thing I noticed is that he really developed a much better finishing game. Fr year his finishing move was usually just attack the basket and try and dunk on everybody. Obviously, that's not the best NBA strategy. So he developed his footwork exponentially. He added in more drop-steps, spin moves, the cliche "Euro Step" and all the ways a guard can finish amongst the trees in the NBA. He also really developed his cross-over stepback. It became a lethat part of his arsenal that was non-existent FR year. And that's a catalyst for NBA success at the guard position. If you can create space and shake defenders to get that open jumpshot, and then nail it, you're already looking good. His shooting was noticeably better in all areas his SO year. His form was much better and he was much more confident.

Basketball IQ - he became our leader his SO year, along with Deng Adel. That's really tough in Pitino's system because he runs the most complex defenses in college basketball. You'll hear it called a matchup zone by analysts but it's not an accurate depiction. It's just the closes thing they can come up with. Louisville will switch from man to zone back to man all in one defensive position. And they're zone is referred to as a hybrid here, because it has so many different components of a man to man, such as traps, switches, personnel switches, double-teams, etc. it's really really hard to learn. It has so much to do with the scouting reports and he has that side down.

Areas for improvement

Ball handling - don't get me wrong, Donovan is a good ball-handler, so this is more the PG vs SG thing. If he's going to play PG in the NBA, he's not an elite ball-handler at the position. He's probably above average as a ball handler for a SG, perhaps even by NBA standards. I wholeheartedly think he could play either and develop these skills as needed.

Gambling on D - This is a big deal in the NBA these days. Donovan tends to gamble on a lot of passing lane steals. And it obviously worked in college because he led the ACC in steals for pretty much the entire year. But the NBA has evolved into such a 'stay in front lf your man' league. If you gamble and miss on a steal for the pass going to Klay Thompson, then Steph is wide open at the 3 pt line once the defensive rotation is enabled. Pretty much the same scenario regardless of team, since the NBA is such a 3pt shooting league now.

One shooting thing - This could be my OCD creeping in, but I feel like on the fast break that Donovan tends to float a little bit on his jumpers from outside, rather than going more straight up he tends to let his momentum carry him. And with his vertical being so good, this puts his release point lower and would allow trailing or coming defenders more opportunity to alter/block the shot. It also probably could improve his accuracy getting his body alignment better. And trust me, when Donovan's on the court, you're gonna see some running up and down the court. Kid loves to play in transition.

Fun post, with a lot of info that turned out to be accurate. Except the bolded part. Mitchell didn't do much shake and bake, it seems to me. And his off-the-bounce three was not good at all. 28% or something. If he can add that to his game? Holy cow.

I am not opposed to that. But I actually had no idea that is where he was living until the employee told us. The pool had a great view, I would hang out there again. But not to see Jazz players.

I could see the dude lying about it to make it seem more appealing. Doubt it but it wouldn’t surprise me.