What's new

The losing streak could be what we needed

In the playoffs, Joe has proven to be underwhelming on both ends of the floor-I don't expect that to change, Royce is close to unusable on the offensive end and I fully expect Niang to be 100% unplayable. Bojan is already apathetic on defense and a legitimately bad rebounder but still shouldn't be a liability on offense. Clarkson can get on the basket and score from outside so his addition should really help in any scenario. Donovan was good two years ago and borderline horrible last year, I think we can count on a slight improvement this year from his first year. Our best playoff player suits up in New Orleans. In other words, I don't think we can count on advancing unless there's another move or we start playing people that actually have the potential to make a difference, i.e. Tucker, Brantley, Miye, etc. We desperately need to be more athletic, quicker, and employ players with a greater desire to defend. I do think the Jazz will move Ed, because he lacks the intellectual fortitude to exist in a Snyder regime. The sky isn't falling but we need help, some of which can come from within, but probably not to the extent it needs to to win playoff series. I cannot imagine the Jazz beating the Rockets, Nuggets, Lakers, Clippers four times as is, I just can't, and I'm as homer as they get. In all the possible outcomes of the Conley deal, we're in the worst nightmare. He's just not been good, and he's tiny, and with Mitchell/Clarkson/Mudiay we are SMALL.

In the playoffs, Joe has proven to be underwhelming on both ends of the floor-I don't expect that to change, Royce is close to unusable on the offensive end and I fully expect Niang to be 100% unplayable. Bojan is already apathetic on defense and a legitimately bad rebounder but still shouldn't be a liability on offense. Clarkson can get on the basket and score from outside so his addition should really help in any scenario. Donovan was good two years ago and borderline horrible last year, I think we can count on a slight improvement this year from his first year. Our best playoff player suits up in New Orleans. In other words, I don't think we can count on advancing unless there's another move or we start playing people that actually have the potential to make a difference, i.e. Tucker, Brantley, Miye, etc. We desperately need to be more athletic, quicker, and employ players with a greater desire to defend. I do think the Jazz will move Ed, because he lacks the intellectual fortitude to exist in a Snyder regime. The sky isn't falling but we need help, some of which can come from within, but probably not to the extent it needs to to win playoff series. I cannot imagine the Jazz beating the Rockets, Nuggets, Lakers, Clippers four times as is, I just can't, and I'm as homer as they get. In all the possible outcomes of the Conley deal, we're in the worst nightmare. He's just not been good, and he's tiny, and with Mitchell/Clarkson/Mudiay we are SMALL.

Royce was good in the playoffs both years. Joe was excellent two years ago and the year before that he nearly ended JJ Redick's career.

DM was bad but I think he will get better... was super two years ago. Mike has been solid in the playoffs... Bojan has been okay last two years... one year they almost beat Lebron, the following year he was asked to do too much.

I don't think Bradley and Niang can be in the rotation come playoff time... that's valid. Might be able to survive a first round series in the right matchup though. I think we have 7 solid playoff rotation players... need two more prolly... I can see us landing 1 maybe... which is why we need to develop one (morgan, Brantley, etc.)… see my other thread for details.

We need Iman Shumpert. Waive NWG. Then Bojan and Shumpert can start a podcast called Imam & Iman.

A basketball season is a pretty fluid thing. Was fully on board the parade train a few days ago, now I`m not so sure. What I`ll think tomorrow I don`t know, but my opinions are sure to change.

The Jazz could use another athletic wing who defends, one more Trevor Ariza-type. If Otto Porter Jr. weren't completely hobbled, we might push to trade Conley for him, imo.

at least there's 10% chance for rubio or crowder to go off and shoot something like 7-11 or 8-12 on any given night.

what are the chances of niang or bojan playing some lockdown defense on the perimeter in any game?

you can at least improve your shooting touch(even if it's just temporary) by some degree with some extensive training. but you can't ask a slow player to run faster, or an small player to grow bigger.