What's new

The Louve has a New Masterpiece

Scat

rudy-louve.jpg

On that related note...when I went it sorta fascinated me that there were so many amazing (and large) paintings in the section where the Mona Lisa was, but all everyone and their mother could do was hover over that one.
I just went to Yellowstone a couple weeks back and I swear that half the visitors drive in to see Old Faithful and then bounce. I decided that when I go back I am skipping Old Faithful altogether and using those three hours differently. My son and I decided it wasn't even top 10 of the things we liked.

Years ago I spent over 6 hours in the Louvre and didn't even see all of the exhibits. The place is a lot bigger than you'd expect.
I was pretty upset I only had like 4 hours there (it was a 3 week European trip, but we had like 2 days in Paris). I made sure to see the highlights (which to me were the Mona Lisa, Napoleon's quarters, and the Venus De Milo, and everything around them), but wish I could have spent a whole day there.

The whole day in Paris was like that honestly. Saw the Louve, Notre Dame, the Arc De Triumph, and didn't go up the Eiffel Tower but had dinner like around it. Touristy stuff to a ridiculous degree, but I have no idea if I'll ever go back so that's what kinda happens.

On that related note...when I went it sorta fascinated me that there were so many amazing (and large) paintings in the section where the Mona Lisa was, but all everyone and their mother could do was hover over that one.
Same. Pretty much everything else in the place is more interesting than the Mona Lisa.

I just went to Yellowstone a couple weeks back and I swear that half the visitors drive in to see Old Faithful and then bounce. I decided that when I go back I am skipping Old Faithful altogether and using those three hours differently. My son and I decided it wasn't even top 10 of the things we liked.
Just seeing Old Faithful and leaving is lame as ****...but it still remains one of my favorite things to see there. I get it though, there's tons of other great stuff there. The Firehole Springs are probably my favorite thing there,.

I was pretty upset I only had like 4 hours there (it was a 3 week European trip, but we had like 2 days in Paris). I made sure to see the highlights (which to me were the Mona Lisa, Napoleon's quarters, and the Venus De Milo, and everything around them), but wish I could have spent a whole day there.

The whole day in Paris was like that honestly. Saw the Louve, Notre Dame, the Arc De Triumph, and didn't go up the Eiffel Tower but had dinner like around it. Touristy stuff to a ridiculous degree, but I have no idea if I'll ever go back so that's what kinda happens.

I used to go to Paris all the time for weekends so I've seen pretty much everything. Just never finished the Louvre! Haha.

They actually hung the Rudy art next to the Mona Lisa and now it's called The Moaning Lisa.

It sounds similar to what was going on in The Accademia Gallery of Florence. I was there when I was 15. Everyone was gathered around Michelangelo's David and I remember there being a HUGE room full of damaged sculptures of all sizes and being enthralled by the sheer quantity of sculptures (plus they were all amazing). I spent most of my time in that room just looking around.

They actually hung the Rudy art next to the Mona Lisa and now it's called The Moaning Lisa.

It sounds similar to what was going on in The Accademia Gallery of Florence. I was there when I was 15. Everyone was gathered around Michelangelo's David and I remember there being a HUGE room full of damaged sculptures of all sizes and being enthralled by the sheer quantity of sculptures (plus they were all amazing). I spent most of my time in that room just looking around.

Rumor has it that the Mona Lisa was actually originally just supposed to be called the Mona. But they needed to hide Mona's identity from the local fuzz and changed it to The Lisa. However, the great painter kept misspeaking and saying it's The Mona shortly before correcting himself to say The Lisa, like this:

"It's the Mona, err, umm, Lisa!"

The local museum curator heard this mess up and thought that the name of the painting was The Mona Lisa.

And the rest is lost to history.

I agree, there are better geysers.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app