What's new

The next 2 games are a must lose!

Houston would be worse case scenario but I'm not sure how much making/winning an extra round of the playoffs matters. They will be motivated to avoid GS ( I think) and I expect them to take care of OKC. Hopefully Denver costs themselves the #2 seed and homecourt advantage in the second round (if they make it that far).

If CJ is healthy we could absolutely lose to Portland. Losing Nurkic is a big blow for them but Collins is okayish and Meyers Leonard has never missed a shot against the Jazz.. like ever.

Not afraid of anyone but Portland is still going to be a tough out for us... and may very well beat us. Not worth telling guys or coaches - "Lose the game tonight because we are terrified of team x and will dominate team y".
Regarding Leonard. Someone posted that he averages 6 points per game against us

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I might rather face GS than Houston.

Nah. Houston is somewhat overrated. They're worse than last year, not better. CP3 is no where near the player he once was. Harden can't sustain his absurd performances against playoffs defense for an entire series. We've seen him get tired before in the playoffs, several times.

That said, they're still better than the Jazz by a notable margin, and it would take a miracle for the Jazz to advance. As opposed as to zero chance against the Warriors. People forget how epic the Warriors can be every season.

They got run last year but Holidays defense was amazing and Rondo played really well... AD was healthy and everywhere... they overwhelmed them with perimeter speed and athleticism. We aren’t like NO. Playoffs are about styles... Portland has played us pretty well last two years. We allow teams to shoot midrange and CJ and Dame can do that.

I think we’d beat them and I’d rather play them than Houston and maybe OKC... but we ain’t exactly healthy and we aren’t good enough to be super ****y against anyone.

Maybe OKC? There’s no question in my mind. OKC would take us out in 6 imo. Russell is better than Dlil and We don’t have anyone that comes close to matching Paul George this year. Adams almost negates Gobert. their increased length plus Schroeder, minus Melo makes them much more formidable. I’d avoid OKC at all costs this year.

Portland isn’t built for the playoffs. Zero post game and average defense. Bully CJ, he’ll fade, like always. Dlil is good for maybe One or two games.

They have nothing to match our bigs inside. It’ll be a dunk fest. I see Portland as an ideal matchup tbh.

Nah. Houston is somewhat overrated. They're worse than last year, not better. CP3 is no where near the player he once was. Harden can't sustain his absurd performances against playoffs defense for an entire series. We've seen him get tired before in the playoffs, several times.

That said, they're still better than the Jazz by a notable margin, and it would take a miracle for the Jazz to advance. As opposed as to zero chance against the Warriors. People forget how epic the Warriors can be every season.

Yeah the Rockets are overrated. They are 53-28 and third in the west after a HORRIBLE start to the year and they just happen to have the second best player this season. Whatever man

There's two types of people in this world...people that aren't afraid of obstacles/challenges and will face them head on, then there are those that like to run and hide and look for the easy way out. You are what you are I guess. **** it! Bring on Houston or Golden State...we don't dodge anyone.

Looking at the topic title, I thought this was a post by CJ. No, we need to win atleast 1 of 2 and avoid Houston in the 1st round.

There's two types of people in this world...people that aren't afraid of obstacles/challenges and will face them head on, then there are those that like to run and hide and look for the easy way out. You are what you are I guess. **** it! Bring on Houston or Golden State...we don't dodge anyone.
So you seem to be the type who loves obstacles and never takes the easy route.

I'm assuming that you walk every where you go cause driving is too easy. You don't use electricity. Make all your own food and clothes. Etc etc.

I call people who would choose to do everything the hard way, dumb.

When I need to move a pallet of materials a long distance at work I use a forklift. It's easier no doubt than using a pallet jack (faster too) When I see someone using the pallet jack instead of the forklift I see an inefficient dumbass.

Whoever the jazz play against in the playoffs they should keep Rudy and Donovan on the bench the whole time cause that would make for a better challenge!

Of course you should take the easier route. When there are multiple paths to choose from you should almost always choose the easiest one. It's common sense

Last edited:

Confused here. If you run and hide, you won't find the easy way out, because that's not the way the world works. Also, I am pretty sure that just being a team who is making the playoffs in the Western Conference involves overcoming obstacles and challenges and you will be faced with more of them regardless of your seed and your opponent. I also agree with you that we don't dodge anyone, because of the NBA schedule both regular season and playoff, it would be pretty hard to do either again because of the obstacles and challenges that you will have to face head on. Tomorrow will in fact be, the day after tomorrow's yesterday.

I ****ing told you!

But at least watching Houston, I don't feel they're that strong.

We'll see.

So you seem to be the type who loves obstacles and never takes the easy route.

I'm assuming that you walk every where you go cause driving is too easy. You don't use electricity. Make all your own food and clothes. Etc etc.

I call people who would choose to do everything the hard way, dumb.

When I need to move a pallet of materials a long distance at work I use a forklift. It's easier no doubt than using a pallet jack (faster too) When I see someone using the pallet jack instead of the forklift I see an inefficient dumbass.

Whoever the jazz play against in the playoffs they should keep Rudy and Donovan on the bench the whole time cause that would make for a better challenge!

Of course you should take the easier route. When there are multiple paths to choose from you should almost always choose the easiest one. It's common sense

Let me help you out here...I think this was the example you were really looking for:

If you're at the airport and the TSA checkpoint line is really long, an inefficient/dumbass would simply wait in the long line with all the other idiots, while the ingenious person would pretend to need wheelchair assistance so they could zip through the line ahead of everyone else. A very efficient way to bypass the long lines indeed, and it's perfectly legal!

Pretty good huh...

I agree that you should take the easier route, IF IT'S ALREADY THERE. But if it's not, I don't subscribe to the belief that it's okay to use manipulation to manufacture that easy route. Losing games on purpose and hoping that other factors fall into place doesn't sit well with me. That's just me, maybe I'm in the minority. Oh well.

Btw, I do think the Jazz can beat the Rockets. Have faith. Aloha.