What's new

The next great rivalry

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

In one corner we have
IMG_2460.jpg

In the other corner we have
IMG_2461.jpg

These two seem to be starting something here and it's happening, and relevant because they are having amazing rookie years. Frankly I don't think they like each other.

What needs to happen for this rivalry to grow?

1. I think Mitchell needs to win ROY as Simmons would be more likely to complain

2. They need to Duke it out in a finals series sometime in the next year or two. The LBJ Melo rivalry the NBA tried to start never materialized because Melo never had much success in the playoffs. See Magic vs Bird.

3. DM and BS need to continue to improve and be great!!

Think of what this would do for the nba and the jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scan this happen??

Yes when PG13 decides to sign with the Jazz this off season and DL drafts another sleeper in the late first round that comes in and is an amazing stretch 4 like a Kuzma type. (For the argument let's say it s Justin jackson or Jontay Porter)

Jazz find take for Burks (Sorry guy he has to go to sign pg13)
Jazz sign PG13 for a 3 year contract for the max they can offer him
Exum is re-signed for around 10 to 12 mil for 3 years

Rubio, Exum (Neto or NWG or stockton)
Mitchell, O'Neale, 2nd round pick or another player DL out of Europe
PG13, Ingles, Sefelosha
Crowder, Jackson
Gobert, Udoh, Bradley

Story lines

Exum becomes a candidate for 6th man of the year with stellar play at both the 1 and the 2
PG13 gets chants of MVP
mitchell and PF13 become the most fear 1-2 punch since pippen and Jordan
Gobert is hands down DPOTY seconded only to his team mate PG13
Jackson brings steady play backing up Crowder and is looking to supplant him mid season as he proves his sophomore season was the result of his injury and he puts up freshman year numbers off the bench
Exum, Ingles and Jackson (later crowder) are the best bench unit in basketball

I also think the Celtics-Jazz could turn into a great rivalry. It depends on Embiid, I think. If doesn't be fulfill his promise, the Celtics will be better and even if he does, the Celtics still might be the better team. Jaylen Brown is already better than Hayward and probably Tatum will be in a year or two. And then they have Kyrie. They are going to be a juggernaut.

I also think the Celtics-Jazz could turn into a great rivalry. It depends on Embiid, I think. If doesn't be fulfill his promise, the Celtics will be better and even if he does, the Celtics still might be the better team. Jaylen Brown is already better than Hayward and probably Tatum will be in a year or two. And then they have Kyrie. They are going to be a juggernaut.
Jaylen Brown is better than Hayward?

Where do you get your takes from?

The Celtics and Jazz rivalry has been alive since the Celtics tried to steal Lewis Scott from us back in '96.

Ingles needs to start. I am not that high on PG13. I would rather get Aaron Gordon right now, if we are losing favors. Crowder will never be a starting PF in this league. He is a great energy/hustle guy and defender off the bench, even if he does think he is Curry from time to time and takes crappy 3 pt shots out of the offense.

Ingles needs to start. I am not that high on PG13. I would rather get Aaron Gordon right now, if we are losing favors. Crowder will never be a starting PF in this league. He is a great energy/hustle guy and defender off the bench, even if he does think he is Curry from time to time and takes crappy 3 pt shots out of the offense.
Ingles could be the starting PF....

I don't think it's out of the question he transitions into that as he ages.

PG is really good... those saying they wouldn’t pay him or would rather have Aaron Gordon can GTFO.

I’d max him out in a second and we’d be fantastic.

You cant have a real rivalry between teams in different conferences unless they make the Finals.

The teams I hate most... philly Boston are EC. Don’t play them enough... this is more reason for a 16 team playoff... more cross country rivalries.

You cant have a real rivalry between teams in different conferences unless they make the Finals.
That was one of the points I listed, so you would be correct. Lol
The Pacers traded PG13 and they finished +6 wins this year.

I'd think about that before backing the Brink's truck into his driveway

Agree. I've never been that big of a fan of his, and very happy we are most likely going to draw them in the first round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul George has always played in average offensive systems. He'd probably be amazing in Utah, but who knows. The Jazz would have to renounce the rights to everyone and trade Burks to be able to afford him. They'd probably do it, but they would have to replace a lot of their roster with minimum contracts.

Yes when PG13 decides to sign with the Jazz this off season and DL drafts another sleeper in the late first round that comes in and is an amazing stretch 4 like a Kuzma type. (For the argument let's say it s Justin jackson or Jontay Porter)

Jazz find take for Burks (Sorry guy he has to go to sign pg13)
Jazz sign PG13 for a 3 year contract for the max they can offer him
Exum is re-signed for around 10 to 12 mil for 3 years

Rubio, Exum (Neto or NWG or stockton)
Mitchell, O'Neale, 2nd round pick or another player DL out of Europe
PG13, Ingles, Sefelosha
Crowder, Jackson
Gobert, Udoh, Bradley

Story lines

Exum becomes a candidate for 6th man of the year with stellar play at both the 1 and the 2
PG13 gets chants of MVP
mitchell and PF13 become the most fear 1-2 punch since pippen and Jordan
Gobert is hands down DPOTY seconded only to his team mate PG13
Jackson brings steady play backing up Crowder and is looking to supplant him mid season as he proves his sophomore season was the result of his injury and he puts up freshman year numbers off the bench
Exum, Ingles and Jackson (later crowder) are the best bench unit in basketball
I'd rather just keep Favors than sign PG13.

Reactions: UB