What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Yay, we don't have to hear about Harden now, right? Right?
Not a yay for us, unfortunately. Harden going for a first lowers the market on a THT or Sexton deal. I'm sure Ainge was holding out for a first. No way either of them get something comparable to Harden.

Not a yay for us, unfortunately. Harden going for a first lowers the market on a THT or Sexton deal. I'm sure Ainge was holding out for a first. No way either of them get something comparable to Harden.
They are completely unrelated.

Tony Jones said we aren’t the mystery third team… I wonder who is and what they get out of this.

Also this clips core of Harden PG Kawhi… like I don’t love it. Harden does so little offball that I likely wasn’t going to like much with him involved but I don’t think this wins them a title.

According to Bobby Marks the Harden trade wont work financially unless Harden waives a pretty significant 5.1M trade bonus clause.

Feels like one last FU from Morey. What do we think.. will Harden waive it?

According to Bobby Marks the Harden trade wont work financially unless Harden waives a pretty significant 5.1M trade bonus clause.

Feels like one last FU from Morey. What do we think.. will Harden waive it?
Yeah he will. He gave him his buddy PJ so that might have been the cost… Will have to lay off the strip clubs for a month but he’ll survive.

Wasnt wrong to highlight Cam Thomas natural ability to score last season during his initial surge.

So far in 3 games he has 33.0 points per game with only 19.0 FGA and 4.3 3PA. True shooting of 70.5% while hitting only 30.8% of his 3s looks like a made up statline for a guard.

Interesting move by the thunder to trade the clippers there 2026 1st rd pick back for a 2027 pick swap. It could be a pretty brilliant move with the age of the clippers core guys and the clippers no longer having any draft capital to use to improve the roster.

Also this clips core of Harden PG Kawhi… like I don’t love it. Harden does so little offball that I likely wasn’t going to like much with him involved but I don’t think this wins them a title.
And westbrick lol.

Interesting move by the thunder to trade the clippers there 2026 1st rd pick back for a 2027 pick swap. It could be a pretty brilliant move with the age of the clippers core guys and the clippers no longer having any draft capital to use to improve the roster.
Yes, very interesting, I'm not sure I quite get it. Do you know what protections were on the 2026 pick?

The Thunder should definitely be better than the Clippers in 2027, but this is the NBA and you never know 3-4 years away from now. If the 2026 pick was likely to convey, then that would seem much more valuable than a chance to get a better pick in 2027.

Maybe I'm missing something? Is the NBA overvaluing swaps now?

Yes, very interesting, I'm not sure I quite get it. Do you know what protections were on the 2026 pick?

The Thunder should definitely be better than the Clippers in 2027, but this is the NBA and you never know 3-4 years away from now. If the 2026 pick was likely to convey, then that would seem much more valuable than a chance to get a better pick in 2027.

Maybe I'm missing something? Is the NBA overvaluing swaps now?
The 2026 pick was unprotected so this is definitely a risk for the thunder. I like the risk though because I think the clippers will still be a borderline playoff team in 2026. They have a pretty good chance to be terrible in 2027 though because I think they will be locked into bad contracts for Leonard, George and Harden. The thunder also potentially have 5 other 1st rd picks for the 26 draft so it makes sense to push the clippers pick back a year even though it was changed to a swap.