What's new

The off-season strategies (Jazz have limited options)

I could be fine with Bledsoe depending on how we used the cap space + depending on what other minor assets we got by moving Conley.

Without those things turning out pretty well, then I’d rather add a couple of rugged defenders like Harrison and Craig, and then hope that Conley moves to the bench for maximum impact.
I just think with DM, Mike, Joe, JC you have no really good point of attack defenders and Bled may be the best in the league at it. Like the idea of adding Shaq or Craig but they are 15 minute guys and we need a 30 minute guy.

Bled may be the best in the league at navigating screens... is able to top lock for a dropping big (Rudy) and still get back and contest the mid range shot. I think the shooting is an issue, but its an issue that is complicated by their other main ball handler not being a shooter off the dribble or as a spot up guy. They also don't have as many shooters as we do.

I've been listening to a lot of pods and heard Mike brought up by Sam Vecenie and James Edwards as a guy that would fit what Milwaukee needs. Most don't think Milwaukee goes the CP3 route (I am 80% sure he ends up a Laker). I was initially thinking a three team scenario but they might want to do a direct deal. We can't create space in that scenario but we can get a little further from the luxury tax. A deal with Bled, Illyasova, and Lopez plus the #24 pick this year for Conley could work. Illyasova is a Niang upgrade imo... Lopez was trashy last year but has been okay in other years. Could sub in Wilson for Lopez if you wanted. Would have a lot of expiring salaries for a second deal if something interesting came up.

Could still use MLE but would be in the tax in 2022. Paying the tax once every 10-15 years to be competitive is fine. They would also have ways to get out of it if the team sucks. With everyone hoarding space for 2021 FA we should consider spending now if something good comes up.

Bledsoe also isn't a dud offensively. Gets to the line a lot... gets into the paint and has one of the best shooting percentages in the paint for a guard. He actually scores at a higher clip and more efficiently than Mike did last year. He might not make others lives easier though like Mike does with his shooting. I just think Bled's D > Mike's O (I know what I did there and I'm fine with it)

I just think with DM, Mike, Joe, JC you have no really good point of attack defenders and Bled may be the best in the league at it. Like the idea of adding Shaq or Craig but they are 15 minute guys and we need a 30 minute guy.

Bled may be the best in the league at navigating screens... is able to top lock for a dropping big (Rudy) and still get back and contest the mid range shot. I think the shooting is an issue, but its an issue that is complicated by their other main ball handler not being a shooter off the dribble or as a spot up guy. They also don't have as many shooters as we do.

I've been listening to a lot of pods and heard Mike brought up by Sam Vecenie and James Edwards as a guy that would fit what Milwaukee needs. Most don't think Milwaukee goes the CP3 route (I am 80% sure he ends up a Laker). I was initially thinking a three team scenario but they might want to do a direct deal. We can't create space in that scenario but we can get a little further from the luxury tax. A deal with Bled, Illyasova, and Lopez plus the #24 pick this year for Conley could work. Illyasova is a Niang upgrade imo... Lopez was trashy last year but has been okay in other years. Could sub in Wilson for Lopez if you wanted. Would have a lot of expiring salaries for a second deal if something interesting came up.

Could still use MLE but would be in the tax in 2022. Paying the tax once every 10-15 years to be competitive is fine. They would also have ways to get out of it if the team sucks. With everyone hoarding space for 2021 FA we should consider spending now if something good comes up.
I assume you’re taking about Brooke Lopez?

A couple of our Gleague guys are pretty damn good already at defending like Bled. He may suck at other things, but Rayjon Tucker is a fantastic on ball defender.

They wouldn’t move Brook imo... he’s pretty important to what they do. Unless it was for a bigger star.

We could involve a bad team to take some of the salary fodder too. I’d rather try Lopez than Ed but I’m not sure Robin is good anymore.

A couple of our Gleague guys are pretty damn good already at defending like Bled. He may suck at other things, but Rayjon Tucker is a fantastic on ball defender.
Are you ****ing kidding me? Tucker looked lost on both sides of the ball. Bledsoe is one of the top 3-4 guard defenders in the league and can spend time in guys like Jimmy Butler as well.

Just cuz a guy has muscles it doesn’t mean he’s good at defense.

I dont think Tucker even makes the team next year. Every time I hear any local guy talk about the Jazz they always mention Oni/Morgan, then they throw in Brantley as a maybe. No mention of JWF/Tucker/NWG.

They wouldn’t move Brook imo... he’s pretty important to what they do. Unless it was for a bigger star.

We could involve a bad team to take some of the salary fodder too. I’d rather try Lopez than Ed but I’m not sure Robin is good anymore.
That’s where my I’m at.

I’m cool with Bledsoe, but the margins of this move are super critical for me.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Tucker looked lost on both sides of the ball. Bledsoe is one of the top 3-4 guard defenders in the league and can spend time in guys like Jimmy Butler as well.

Just cuz a guy has muscles it doesn’t mean he’s good at defense.

He doesn't get beat at the point of penetration - his speed is the best on the team. I think that is a plus. Yes, royally sucks at other things. And I think he has a 5 cent head.

Tucker looked like he tried on D, but he seemed to have slower hips and would jump instead of slide his feet when guarding.

He doesn't get beat at the point of penetration - his speed is the best on the team. I think that is a plus. Yes, royally sucks at other things. And I think he has a 5 cent head.
He's literally not in Bledsoe's league... as in he isn't an NBA player.

I just think sometimes we get hyperfocused on what players can't do. there are several things Bledsoe does that we need in the worst way. I think he's contract is viewed as "negative value" but in reality I think its solid.

Our offense would definitely benefit from Bledsoe’s pressure on the rim as a driver. Conley has been so much worse at getting to the rim than expected; and that’s left the opposing defenses with a comparatively easy job on the rest of our shooters. My only hesitation with Bledsoe is his playoff resume.... which is definitely a red flag.

I don't believe that Bledsoe is the answer whatsoever. I'm not even sure how we pull off the deal that they want. Why would the Bucks trade Bledsoe and Lopez for Conley?

Who is the 3rd team that wants Conley and can send Milwaukee something they want for Bledsoe and pieces?

He's literally not in Bledsoe's league... as in he isn't an NBA player.

I just think sometimes we get hyperfocused on what players can't do. there are several things Bledsoe does that we need in the worst way. I think he's contract is viewed as "negative value" but in reality I think its solid.
I mean, he is a NBA player. He was on a guaranteed NBA contract and got minutes. I think it would be unwise to completely write him off.

Who knows, he could be the new Christian Wood in a few years.

Bledose would be awful on this team and a huge downgrade from Conley. The things he has been known for he has gotten worse at and he hasnt shored up his weaknesses enough combined with terrible playoff performances that have cost his team.

I wouldn't take Bledose+Lopez for Conley. I don't think I'd even do Bledsoe+Donte D+Filler for Conley. I just don't want Bledsoe on this team at all.

If they wanted to do Donte+Lopez+Filler for Conely+2020 1st, I'd consider that.

I really doubt they want to trade Lopez though since he's a pretty good fit for what they do and not easily replaceable unless they want to make Giannis the full time C and surround him with only wings and guards.

I don't believe that Bledsoe is the answer whatsoever. I'm not even sure how we pull off the deal that they want. Why would the Bucks trade Bledsoe and Lopez for Conley?

Who is the 3rd team that wants Conley and can send Milwaukee something they want for Bledsoe and pieces?
Conley goes to the Bucks... they would want him. CP3 would be ideal but the dollars really get tough and I think OKC can get expirings, Kuzma, and #28 from the Lakers for him.

Bledsoe is basically the perfect answer on defense. He can guard the Jamal Murray, Chris Paul, Steph Curry types as well as the bigger guards like Harden. Royce takes the bigger wings. He's honestly about the best we could possibly get at guarding the pick and roll ball handler.

On offense he gets to the rim, draws fouls, and is overall an efficient scorer. He does not shoot the ball well and he makes some poor decisions.

If you got Bled, #24 and expirings then I'd pull the trigger and work around his shooting. BTW - his teams have still been better with him on the floor in the playoffs... in spite of the struggles.

Bledose would be awful on this team and a huge downgrade from Conley. The things he has been known for he has gotten worse at and he hasnt shored up his weaknesses enough combined with terrible playoff performances that have cost his team.

I wouldn't take Bledose+Lopez for Conley. I don't think I'd even do Bledsoe+Donte D+Filler for Conley. I just don't want Bledsoe on this team at all.

I really doubt they want to trade Lopez though since he's a pretty good fit for what they do and not easily replaceable unless they want to make Giannis the full time C and surround him with only wings and guards.
that's fine... just an FYI its Robin Lopez not Brook... and its just for salary filler. The deal I'd propose is Bledsoe+salary filler+24 for Conley.

I would do Donte D and Bledsoe for Conley. The Bucks are under the cap so they could take on the extra salary. I would probably send our 1st too. Donte is a great player.