What's new

The off-season strategies (Jazz have limited options)

Milwaukee is going to have to WOW Giannis this summer. Mike Conley isn't going to move the needle unless they somehow win the title with him leading the offense. I think they need a lot more than Conley for Bledsoe.

I’d be wicked stoked for Bledsoe + Donte + filler. We’d get back to defense in a serious way.

Milwaukee is going to have to WOW Giannis this summer. Mike Conley isn't going to move the needle unless they somehow win the title with him leading the offense. I think they need a lot more than Conley for Bledsoe.
Unless Indiana sells Victor low I'm not sure how they get something that is a better fit. The salary matching on CP gets really tough and they'd have to put Donte and the Indiana pick in the deal. I don't know that there would be bigger names out there. If it doesn't work and Giannis leaves you still have 40M left of CP to figure out what to do with.

Mike provides a lot of what they want and they are better equipped to cover his weaknesses. I think Mike could move the needle for them.

Even if we moved Rudy it would be hard for us to get to the bottom 7. Unless both Rudy and DM are hurt I don't see how you get there. I could see us trading Rudy and just missing out on the playoffs in the West (it will be a damned bloodbath). Giving a late lotto pick would be kinda sad for DL to do. You shouldn't make decisions based on sunk costs but I don't believe DL is a full subscriber to that ideal.
It was made very clear from the Exum situation that the jazz are heavily influenced by sunk costs.

I’d be wicked stoked for Bledsoe + Donte + filler. We’d get back to defense in a serious way.
I think they need Donte because of the cost controlled aspect and they have some FA challenges. Not sure they'd go that far. I think with Bled we move back into a top 5 defense. Could we still be a top 10 offense? I think so as long as we keep JC and if DM takes a step forward.

I think they need Donte because of the cost controlled aspect and they have some FA challenges. Not sure they'd go that far. I think with Bled we move back into a top 5 defense. Could we still be a top 10 offense? I think so as long as we keep JC and if DM takes a step forward.
Yeah they’d be stupid af to do the deal I outlined. Would be a dream tho

Yeah they’d be stupid af to do the deal I outlined. Would be a dream tho
I mean it isn't dumb to think they would put Donte into a deal. He's solid but I'm not sure he has a ton more upside. I like him a lot. I think they have a small cap crunch with Matthews and a few others coming off the books and they will do what they can to keep him.

I mean it isn't dumb to think they would put Donte into a deal. He's solid but I'm not sure he has a ton more upside. I like him a lot. I think they have a small cap crunch with Matthews and a few others coming off the books and they will do what they can to keep him.
I think Donte will reach another level. One of my favorite non-jazz players, tbh.

I keep hearing in pods and articles that Delon Wright is available and they take the tone he's a negative contract. They want to move his deal at some point to truly be in the Giannis sweepstakes. I'd consider doing expirings for him straight up. The article I read in the athletic seemed to indicate they might use the #18th pick to get off his salary. Not sure Wright fits if we are bringing back JC but he's wing sized so he'd still find the court... if you could get Wright for expirings and swap 23 for 18 that seems like a good deal... If they are truly motivated to move him then maybe they do 31 and Wright for expirings or even 31, 18 Wright for expirings and 23.

I know he wasn't a perfect fit and they likely can't move Powell since he tore his Achilles but I am not sure why Wright is viewed as negative. I think he might be a good addition to mix with DM and Mike.

The most he can get if he changes teams is 4/134M. I think 4/120 is super reasonable.
4/164 assuming a 109M cap.

109 x 0.35 = 38.15, with 5% raises. 38.2 + 40.1 + 42.1 + 44.2 = 164.6

Any team can give Rudy a 35% max with 5% raises. Only the Jazz can give him a 40% max with 8% raises.

4/164 assuming a 109M cap.

109 x 0.35 = 38.15, with 5% raises. 38.2 + 40.1 + 42.1 + 44.2 = 164.6

Any team can give Rudy a 35% max with 5% raises. Only the Jazz can give him a 40% max with 8% raises.
Nope. Have to have 10 years of service for 35% max. He can get 30% from another team.

Why not? Reward a loyal player. Plus he has some wrinkles that a lot of teams don't have.

Because it would tie us up financially and commit us to a squad that won’t win. Every franchise goal should be to win a chip not to be satisfactory 1st round knockouts. Even with bogie we don’t be the top four. Gobert is phenomenal but not super max phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I disagree. They guys is on the all NBA defensive team. How many players on that team want to play in Salt Lake? I doubt Lebron or the Greek freak will be coming to SLC anytime soon tp play for us.