What's new

The Official 2014/15 Tank Watch thread

I'm wondering which one of Kentucky's players we'll get. They should go 1-8.

Nah, I guess Okafor is going to sneak in there somewhere.

I really did it just to see what your reaction would be. I'm really glad you think I'm an idiot though, must mean I'm actually decently smart.

Although a joke thread.. I predict UK will have;

1 player drafted between 1 and 5.
0 players drafted between 6 and 10.
1 player drafted between 11 and 15.
2 players drafted between 16 and 20.
1 player drafted between 21 and 30.
1 player drafted in 2nd round.

6 players return for another year of which 4 will be drafted in 2016.

And the n1 pick in the second round from Cleveland.
I think we also have the Nets' 2nd-round pick (Okur trade) but owe a pick to Atlanta (Neto).
So bottom line, we should have two picks in the 2nd round, likely around the 40th and 50th overall, depending on what the stipulations are for conveying the pick to Atlanta.

I think the Sixers are tanking! Not sure though.

They might be... No seriously what a f*** joke of a franchise, let's suck for a few years in a row and get like 4-5 top 3 picks. What a disgrace to real competition. I hope it backfires on them and remain miserable for years to come.

They might be... No seriously what a f*** joke of a franchise, let's suck for a few years in a row and get like 4-5 top 3 picks. What a disgrace to real competition. I hope it backfires on them and remain miserable for years to come.

all I read is:
jealousy

And what's the alternative? Hope a superstar convinces a couple of his friends to join him and sign with your team? Probably not going to happen in Philadelphia. Or hope the basketball gods smile upon you like they did with SA: major injuries in the very year a superstar would be taken at #1? Or beat the odds like Cleveland did in getting two #1's - and giving them the assets to trade for Love, which was what convinced LBJ to make his move. Nope, best bet is to try to draft and retain talent. IMO, Philadelphia probably has a better shot at a championship someday than Utah. There's still a chance a few of their picks turn into franchise players. Utah really doesn't have that - unless Exum develops. Hayward might get to all-star level but he's not a top-10 player.

And what's the alternative? Hope a superstar convinces a couple of his friends to join him and sign with your team? Probably not going to happen in Philadelphia. Or hope the basketball gods smile upon you like they did with SA: major injuries in the very year a superstar would be taken at #1? Or beat the odds like Cleveland did in getting two #1's - and giving them the assets to trade for Love, which was what convinced LBJ to make his move. Nope, best bet is to try to draft and retain talent. IMO, Philadelphia probably has a better shot at a championship someday than Utah. There's still a chance a few of their picks turn into franchise players. Utah really doesn't have that - unless Exum develops. Hayward might get to all-star level but he's not a top-10 player.

You really think that playing for a team that is blatantly tanking in the open a good place for a player's development. In that kind of winning culture they're set to be new Spurs aren't they? Sorry but I wouldn't be able to root for a team like that. We tanked last year but at least we didn't make fools of ourselves. Plus you can say it's lasted one year. Couldn't have another year of that crap tbh.