What's new

The Official 2014/15 Tank Watch thread

Coin flip -- Locke said it was today on his Tipoff. May not be announced til tomorrow?

Regarding the OKC pick, the issue is that OKC owes a lottery protected 1st round pick to another team (Philly?) and cannot trade consecutive 1st-rd picks. So if they mad the POs this year, they would trade out their pick this year, and the Jazz would get OKC's pick in 2017. Now the pick to Utah gets delayed at least one more year.

It was 1-18 protected, so they wouldn't give it this year even if they made the playoffs. Jazz get theirs 2018 earliest, but if OKC keeps missing the playoffs, it's 2 2nd rounders after 2020.

It was 1-18 protected, so they wouldn't give it this year even if they made the playoffs. Jazz get theirs 2018 earliest, but if OKC keeps missing the playoffs, it's 2 2nd rounders after 2020.

This is correct... They had to beat out Washington and make the playoffs. This pick doesn't have a ton of value at this point.

Still not a bad return for getting rid of Kanter.

You know, if the refs called that foul in the final second of the Phoenix game (where Hood was shooting a 3), the Jazz would be picking 13 and Phoenix might be in the coin flip.

Not a big story, but.....well, it's a slow day.

On a not-really-related note, the Suns are frustrated with their treadmill team, and the Suns might decide to blow half of it up.

You know, if the refs called that foul in the final second of the Phoenix game (where Hood was shooting a 3), the Jazz would be picking 13 and Phoenix might be in the coin flip.

Not a big story, but.....well, it's a slow day.

On a not-really-related note, the Suns are frustrated with their treadmill team, and the Suns might decide to blow half of it up.
I remember last year - and I'm not going to bother finding the thread - when many were saying they wished Utah could be like Phoenix: great young coach, fighting for the playoffs, decent talent on the roster. My how quickly things change! Utah is on the way up with the YOUNGEST roster in the NBA. Phoenix alienated their star by bringing in a "me-first" player and had to make a trade. Now they don't know what the hell they're going to do.

I remember last year - and I'm not going to bother finding the thread - when many were saying they wished Utah could be like Phoenix: great young coach, fighting for the playoffs, decent talent on the roster. My how quickly things change! Utah is on the way up with the YOUNGEST roster in the NBA. Phoenix alienated their star by bringing in a "me-first" player and had to make a trade. Now they don't know what the hell they're going to do.

Amidst that hype last year, I never bought into what Phoenix was doing. It was clear to me they didn't have enough 'talent' to take it to the next level even with Hornacek coaching.

They needed to take it slow... they needed at least 2-3 quality picks on their roster.

It's one in '20 and one in '21, right?