What's new

The Official 2014/15 Tank Watch thread

I actually like that scenario better. No one knows whether Durant or Westbrook will still be around by then. Plus wouldn't it be cool to have a deep playoff run & still get a useful lottery pick in 2018? (similar to how we got Hayward from the Knicks pick?)

OKC's pick is lottery protected

OKC misses the playoffs by 1 game and drafts 14th. Oops. That delays our pick from them in the Kanter trade, but whatever.

The pick was 1-18 protected if I'm not mistaken. It wouldn't be conveyed even if they made the playoffs (I think they would've gotten the 18th pick).

Locke said the coin flip was today... not sure if it is correct though.

I've seen some twitter stuff that says coin flip is tomorrow... both chad ford and Locke said it was today. My guess is it is tomorrow.

Coin flip -- Locke said it was today on his Tipoff. May not be announced til tomorrow?

Regarding the OKC pick, the issue is that OKC owes a lottery protected 1st round pick to another team (Philly?) and cannot trade consecutive 1st-rd picks. So if they mad the POs this year, they would trade out their pick this year, and the Jazz would get OKC's pick in 2017. Now the pick to Utah gets delayed at least one more year.

Chad Ford tweeted that the coin flip will be today.

Final Draft Lottery Odds (cont’d): MIA 1.1, IND .8, UTA .7, PHX .6, OKC .5 (note IND/UTA tied at 38-44 … NBA will do tie-breaker on Thur)