What's new

The *official* Election Day Game Thread!

#pray4Thriller
Thank you for your prayers!

I misfired on two states. I knew Florida was a bit of a reach but I thought covid might’ve motivated more seniors to flip on trump. I should’ve recognized that Florida is getting redder not bluer. Carolina is still tough for me. It has large urban centers, a diverse population, and lots of college educated young people. I have no idea how that state isn’t becoming bluer. It should be Virginia and Georgia.

Knew Biden would dominate in the upper Midwest due to union workers coming home and Donald insulting governors up there. Ben Wikler has done some great things in Wisconsin in strengthening the Democratic Party.

Demographics and Stacey Abrams played a huge part in Georgia. Arizona isn’t a red state anymore, both their senators are Democratic. And Nevada is already blue. Once we get Texas, watch how fast republicans will be calling to get rid of the EC. LOL.

Overall, definitely an improvement over 2016. Hope people stay engaged. Our democracy needs competitive two parties; two parties that actually respect norms and democracy. So hopefully we see good changes in the near future. Otherwise, 2024 is going to be real ugly once again.
B88508C5-23C9-482D-B223-E3FF1183AC54.png

Last edited:
I always find it hilarious how people most freaked out about Sharia law are the exact people who would love Sharia law.

Homosexuality illegal and severely punished? Check.
Women largely absent from the public sphere? Check.
Criminal justice extremely victim-focused? Check.
Public executions? Check.
Jews forced to pay special protection tax? Check.
Divorce your wife simply by telling her you're getting rid of her? Check.

Throw in allowance for up to 4 wives and a ban on alcohol, and I can't see why the idea of Sharia isn't taking Utah by storm.
I would say statements and attitudes like this is the reason why Trump got the amount of votes he got and why people getting more divided both in big and small countries.
For some reason, Dubai, cities in Saudi Arabia and also in Japan are much safer than those in USA which have more Democratic party fans.

The jazzfanz Trumpsters have gone into hiding.
I think there’s much to be said about the echo chambers that many Trumpers are in. Facebook, Fox News, Breitbart, am radio, etc made it sound like Trump would win in a blowout. They made Biden out to be a drooling fool. I can understand why they want a few days. My only hope is that they look more skeptically at the media they consume. Hopefully they’ll step outside of the echo chambers and consume better media and at least attempt to look at things from other perspectives.

I’m sure I’ll mostly be disappointed though.

Last edited:
I think there’s much to be said about the echo chambers that many Trumpers are in. Facebook, Fox News, Breitbart, am radio, etc made it sound like Trump would win in a blowout. They made Biden out to be a drooling fool. I can understand why they want a few days. My only hope is that they look more skeptically at the media they consume. Hopefully they’ll step outside of the echo chambers and consume better media and at least attempt to look at things from other perspectives.

I’m sure I’ll mostly be disappointed though.
In all fairness, your own predictions were also quite tilted. You weren’t getting the data for those predictions from a sufficiently wide catchment of media outlets, and/or you were over-reliant on polling data.

In all fairness, your own predictions were also quite tilted. You weren’t getting the data for those predictions from a sufficiently wide catchment of media outlets, and/or you were over-reliant on polling data.
How so? My prediction seemed pretty damn on target. I missed Florida and N Carolina. I knew Florida was a stretch but thought covid would hurt trump with seniors. The only one I can truly say I misfired on was North Carolina. I thought that would go blue due to their demographics. Which isn’t crazy, seeing how they already have a Democratic Governor. Or are you referring to something else?
D7963E84-3BC0-4EE1-8954-F44F197BEC29.png

Reactions: MVP
How so? My prediction seemed pretty damn on target. I missed Florida and N Carolina. I knew Florida was a stretch but thought covid would hurt trump with seniors. The only one I can truly say I misfired on was North Carolina. I thought that would go blue due to their demographics. Which isn’t crazy, seeing how they already have a Democratic Governor. Or are you referring to something else?
View attachment 9889
Missing on Florida is no small thing. And you were crowing about a few states whose margins are so ****ing thin that any confidence of their outcome from either side looks kind of foolish. You also thought Ohio might be in-play, and it wasn’t even close.

I don’t think I’m being controversial when I say that a repudiation from you with respect to media balance won’t go very far around here. But I’ve appreciated your takes, and I mean no disrespect.

Missing on Florida is no small thing. And you were crowing about a few states whose margins are so ****ing thin that any confidence of their outcome from either side looks kind of foolish. You also thought Ohio might be in-play, and it wasn’t even close.

I don’t think I’m being controversial when I say that a repudiation from you with respect to media balance won’t go very far around here. But I’ve appreciated your takes, and I mean no disrespect.
Fair enough. They won’t have to rely on just me telling them to pull their heads out. They have plenty of other posters on here asking them to get out of their right wing echo chambers.

Finally they called it... Should have been done a day or two earlier.
AP, NBC News, CNN and MSNBC all just called Pennsylvania for Biden and thus they are calling him the next president-elect.

edit: and now the NY Times and the Washington post are calling it.

edit2: ABC news calling it.

In the meantime, Fox news is selling you constipation and insulin resistance drugs

edit3: Fox news calls it too... they probably finally took their constipation drug and let it rip...

Last edited:
Perhaps we’ve reached our nadir. Time will tell. There’s so much riding on the runoffs in GA.

iu

I would say statements and attitudes like this is the reason why Trump got the amount of votes he got and why people getting more divided both in big and small countries.
For some reason, Dubai, cities in Saudi Arabia and also in Japan are much safer than those in USA which have more Democratic party fans.

Life in Soviet Union was also much safer and there was way less crime than you have in your own country today.

What unholy **** is this? Is he possessed?

I think Republican congress are going to quit listening to Trump. They have to be exhausted.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app