What's new

The Official "Fire Ty Corbin" Thread

I'll start with a crazy rant. I know it's a rebuilding time. I know Utah is going to lose a lot of games this season. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is seeing a team in shambles, running no offense and lost on defense. We have enough talent on this team to at least be able to hang with the Raptors, if not beat them. Even considering the schedule, there is really no good excuse for what we're seeing out there. At this point I just don't see any benefit from having Corbin coach this team. We've got some interesting pieces, we'll draft high, but our guys don't look like they're learning anything out there, and given Corbin's track record I just don't believe he's teaching them anything that any other coach couldn't teach them. I'm ready for a FULL break from the past. I guess the only benefit from losing big to losers will be the increased possibility that Ty Corbin will not be our coach next year.

I'm okay with Corbin staying until the end of the year. I think that he will be the reason we finish with the 1-5 worst record in the league.

I'm okay with Corbin staying until the end of the year. I think that he will be the reason we finish with the 1-5 worst record in the league.

Meantime, you have a squad of guys who have developed terrible habits, learned no system, and made little progress while getting their confidence slammed and their desire to play in Utah obliterated.

Meantime, you have a squad of guys who have developed terrible habits, learned no system, and made little progress while getting their confidence slammed and their desire to play in Utah obliterated.

Agreed. I like the tank, but this is getting out of hand. They cannot do anything right now and it has got to be coaching.

I'm not sure we would win many more games. (Which is good) but we might show some semblance of an offense and show some growth and development. Which is just as important as the tank.

The problem is trying to coach someone else's philosophy then tweak it so that its not the same any more and then you got some jumbled up mess.

Its not just coaching either. It was that stupid thinking that we wouldn't trade Al. Instead we had everyone learn how to play around him, if they even got to play.

Its basically like they are all rookies learning a brand new way of playing all together.

Of course its going to look like ****

My main concern is that a good rebuild needs a good coach to get a good system going with developing players. We'd still lose games, but we'd be building a team ethic and mentality that Corbin is incapable of instilling.

My main concern is that a good rebuild needs a good coach to get a good system going with developing players. We'd still lose games, but we'd be building a team ethic and mentality that Corbin is incapable of instilling.

Just like the Suns and Sixers

Celtics won in Miami. Think the jazz could stay within 45 against Miami right now? Brad Stevens >>>>> Ty Corbin. Don't tell me the talent on the Celtics is that much better than the Jazz. In fact, I live in Boston and everyone expected this Celts roster to be worst or second worst-- but they compete, they space the floor and rotate on defense. All things Corbin has not taught our team to do well (or at all) in his coaching term in Utah. Fire Corbin.

This is ridiculous. For three years many of us have been calling for Corbin's head, and now it's gotten to the point of absurdity. No other franchise would ever keep a coach whose performance is this bad.

Ty hasn't ever been a good coach. His "Offense" the past years was. Pass to Al and watch. Al is gone and now there is no one to run that "offense."

In the spirit of collaboration and community, I offer an extremely friendly invitation for a Corbin supporter to lay out a detailed, eloquent argument or explanation that details his strengths as a coach, more than just his player-friendly disposition. Furthermore, even I you are a Corbin fan, please explain what he can do and/or needs to have a successful, automonous season.

Thank you and I eagerly await an expansive, engaging response.

Agreed. I like the tank, but this is getting out of hand. They cannot do anything right now and it has got to be coaching.
Jazz played 2 1/2 very good games, barely losing to OKC and Phoenix and beating up on Houston for the first half. Then a young team went on a 4 games in 5 nights road trip. I'm not sold on Corbin, but poor shooting and a ton of TO's is hardly his fault. Having only 4 guys available who are bonafide NBA players is not his fault. OK, a couple more MIGHT be somewhere in the 12-15 range on other teams. Utah has a brutal schedule to start the season - actually, through Christmas. I don't think Ty is the right man going forward, either. But who could the Jazz bring in? Would Lowe be the interim coach? Would Jerry and Phil come riding back into town?