What's new

The Official "Gameface is Quitting" Thread

Scat

With Gameface quitting Facebook, the Jazz and Gobert within the past 24 hours, we all need to make predictions here of what he is quitting next.

I am going with white bread because it is too white.

His job. He did it once and the night shift is taking its toll, so I could see him do it again.

With Gameface quitting Facebook, the Jazz and Gobert within the past 24 hours, we all need to make predictions here of what he is quitting next.

I am going with white bread because it is too white.

I don't think we can rule out jazzfanz.com. He's gone out guns a blazin before, that glorious man beast.

In his defense, weird(non-trad) work hours can **** with the chemicals in your brain. I’ve been down that road a few times myself.

In his defense, weird(non-trad) work hours can **** with the chemicals in your brain. I’ve been down that road a few times myself.
Yeah, this is pretty much a result of me being crazy as **** because I work from 6pm to 6am.

I knew this would happen and I did it anyway. Paychecks are working out okay even if my mental stability isn't.

Let's see how long I can do this before making the news?

Yeah, this is pretty much a result of me being crazy as **** because I work from 6pm to 6am.

I knew this would happen and I did it anyway. Paychecks are working out okay even if my mental stability isn't.

Don't kidnap Zuckerberg, dude.

At least make it spectacular!

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

You won’t make the news. You won’t do it.

His job. He did it once and the night shift is taking its toll, so I could see him do it again.
I'm looking at sometime around February or May to start looking. I have a few concerns. One is that I left, worked somewhere else for about 6 months and then came back, so I don't want to go somewhere else too soon and then find out I don't like that place. That's too much jumping around and I think I'll be stuck. The place I work pays above average. Not the absolute top for the field, but above average. Good benefits. I've been there long enough that I'm pretty good at what I do and I generally like doing it. I also really like working with one of the guys I work with. That's enough, honestly.

I'm very odd in that I do not alter my sleep schedule between the days I work and the days I'm off. I don't know anyone else who does that. But sleep experts absolutely advocate for the way I do it. 15 years ago I could flip my schedule and be okay (sort of). But about 8 or so years ago I started going completely crazy when I'd flip. I'm not talking about stupid posts on jazzfanz crazy, I'm talking I'd go into rages with my wife or my kid. Like uncontrollable rages. I'd wake up pissed and sit in bed telling myself to calm down, everything was okay, just relax, everything is fine, just take it easy. Then I'd get up, still feeling tense and angry and anxious. But I'd continue to tell myself to stay calm, stay under control, nothing is a big deal, everything is okay. Then I'd see someone moved my whatever to a spot I didn't want my whatever in and I'd lose my ****. Just go into a rage. It was scary. And I'm saying it was scary for me, but I'm not my wife and kid who had to deal with it. They didn't deserve that. Staying on the same sleep schedule sucks. Like it sucks really bad. I'm up right now on my day off and there's really nothing useful for me to do right now (I am going to do the dishes and a load of laundry as soon as I finish this, but you know) I'm in a mostly dark house, alone, my family is sleeping and I'm having a beer or 12 until I go to sleep "early" around 4 to 6am.

It isn't healthy. It is hard to be healthy when you work 12hr night shifts. The guys who flip on their days off, I can tell they are ****ed up. When I'm at work I'm the most alert and aware and mentally capable person on my shift. No question. Flipping causes ****ing alzheimer's, amongst other things. These people I work with are probably going to have dementia at some point. They aren't sleeping right. Their circadian rhythms are never "rhythms" because they are always throwing that into chaos. Their sleep is poor at least 3-4 days a week, and when I say poor I don't just mean less hours than recommended, I mean they never get into deep sleep 3-4 days out of the week, long term, years and years. That's how you invite dementia into your life.

So yeah, I'm crazy as **** right now. It sucks. But while I do stupid **** on Jazzfanz, I'm nice to my family. I'm not doing stupid or reckless things in my "real" life. I'm sorry that I'm using Jazzfanz as an outlet (I mean sorry, not sorry) but if it has to be somewhere it's probably better here.

I'm looking at sometime around February or May to start looking. I have a few concerns. One is that I left, worked somewhere else for about 6 months and then came back, so I don't want to go somewhere else too soon and then find out I don't like that place. That's too much jumping around and I think I'll be stuck. The place I work pays above average. Not the absolute top for the field, but above average. Good benefits. I've been there long enough that I'm pretty good at what I do and I generally like doing it. I also really like working with one of the guys I work with. That's enough, honestly.

I'm very odd in that I do not alter my sleep schedule between the days I work and the days I'm off. I don't know anyone else who does that. But sleep experts absolutely advocate for the way I do it. 15 years ago I could flip my schedule and be okay (sort of). But about 8 or so years ago I started going completely crazy when I'd flip. I'm not talking about stupid posts on jazzfanz crazy, I'm talking I'd go into rages with my wife or my kid. Like uncontrollable rages. I'd wake up pissed and sit in bed telling myself to calm down, everything was okay, just relax, everything is fine, just take it easy. Then I'd get up, still feeling tense and angry and anxious. But I'd continue to tell myself to stay calm, stay under control, nothing is a big deal, everything is okay. Then I'd see someone moved my whatever to a spot I didn't want my whatever in and I'd lose my ****. Just go into a rage. It was scary. And I'm saying it was scary for me, but I'm not my wife and kid who had to deal with it. They didn't deserve that. Staying on the same sleep schedule sucks. Like it sucks really bad. I'm up right now on my day off and there's really nothing useful for me to do right now (I am going to do the dishes and a load of laundry as soon as I finish this, but you know) I'm in a mostly dark house, alone, my family is sleeping and I'm having a beer or 12 until I go to sleep "early" around 4 to 6am.

It isn't healthy. It is hard to be healthy when you work 12hr night shifts. The guys who flip on their days off, I can tell they are ****ed up. When I'm at work I'm the most alert and aware and mentally capable person on my shift. No question. Flipping causes ****ing alzheimer's, amongst other things. These people I work with are probably going to have dementia at some point. They aren't sleeping right. Their circadian rhythms are never "rhythms" because they are always throwing that into chaos. Their sleep is poor at least 3-4 days a week, and when I say poor I don't just mean less hours than recommended, I mean they never get into deep sleep 3-4 days out of the week, long term, years and years. That's how you invite dementia into your life.

So yeah, I'm crazy as **** right now. It sucks. But while I do stupid **** on Jazzfanz, I'm nice to my family. I'm not doing stupid or reckless things in my "real" life. I'm sorry that I'm using Jazzfanz as an outlet (I mean sorry, not sorry) but if it has to be somewhere it's probably better here.
You are absolutely doing it the right way. I worked nights in one form or another for a good 8 years of my career, including the entire time I was in college. I worked a weekend 3x12 schedule 6 pm to 6 am during college. Going back and forth to regular days for school and then to nights for work took its toll. But I was young and strong and handled it relatively well, or so I thought. I did complete 2 degrees in 5 years doing that, one *** laude the other magna *** laude. Not bad. And during that time I was married and added 3 kids to the family, bought a house, all that jazz. Came out of it all with 2 degrees and a cancer diagnosis. Somehow I powered through. But in lots of ways I regret that now, but that's another story.

After college I worked nights off and on for the next 3 to 4 years. Overall I really was, and still am, a night owl. I didn't mind switching my schedule around when I was working 3x12 shifts at Amazon on the weekends. 4 days off Was enough to change my schedule around. But working a night shift, like 10 pm to 6 am or whatever, it was just not worth it to try to change to a "normal" schedule for 2 or 3 days. And over time it all took its toll. I developed chronic sleeping problems, partly from the shift work, partly from residuals from cancer, but mostly from chronic long-term depression. So sticking to a set schedule is absolutely the right thing to do. My son is now working shift work and I'm helping him learn how to deal with it. It's tough, no doubt.

Last edited:
I'm an incredibly emotional person. This isn't new.

I'm flattered to have people stand up for me, even when I've misbehaved. I appreciate it and for those of you who have done so recently, I want to say thank you.

However, I want to be honest with this community. My recent behaviour is not a one off. I may be willing to admit when I'm wrong, but I've also forced myself to admit that more than a few times.

Some of my behaviour has been clearly beyond the pale. A few things that I have done have been inexcusable. I can apologize, easy enough, and I can even be sincere. But I have now established a pattern of unacceptable outbursts. That's where I'm at. That's my assessment of what I've done. I have no desire to leave this community, but I don't feel this community has any obligation to keep me.

I think @Jason is too reluctant to make this the Jazz Fan community it should be. I think the trolls are completely out of control, and there is no other way to describe them. This is not a difference of opinion, it is behaviour. Part of what emboldens me to act out is seeing that others are acting out and not facing consequences. I have been shocked over the years that I have been able to get away with the things I have. But I see others who also get away with being toxic and horrible and I know that there are essentially no limits.

That's Jazzfanz. Love it or hate it.

I'm flattered to have people stand up for me, even when I've misbehaved. I appreciate it and for those of you who have done so recently, I want to say thank you.

However, I want to be honest with this community. My recent behaviour is not a one off. I may be willing to admit when I'm wrong, but I've also forced myself to admit that more than a few times.

Some of my behaviour has been clearly beyond the pale. A few things that I have done have been inexcusable. I can apologize, easy enough, and I can even be sincere. But I have now established a pattern of unacceptable outbursts. That's where I'm at. That's my assessment of what I've done. I have no desire to leave this community, but I don't feel this community has any obligation to keep me.

I think @Jason is too reluctant to make this the Jazz Fan community it should be. I think the trolls are completely out of control, and there is no other way to describe them. This is not a difference of opinion, it is behaviour. Part of what emboldens me to act out is seeing that others are acting out and not facing consequences. I have been shocked over the years that I have been able to get away with the things I have. But I see others who also get away with being toxic and horrible and I know that there are essentially no limits.

You keep spelling behavior wrong. There is no u.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Its alright dude, just use the ignore function and do less day drinking (or not) Being emotionally stable is overrated people said Hitler was a riot during his bunker days.