What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

I don't think there are many people who dislike Trump more than me. I hate having him as president.
Having said that, whatever he decides to do as far as either tanking the economy or overwhelming the healthcare system is going to suck. There is no winning situation for him or our country. So I'm going to try to not criticize him for whichever way he goes.
I mean if he decides to enforce extreme social distancing then maybe the healthcare system doesn't get overwhelmed (of course, maybe it still would get overwhelmed anyway. We just don't know) but then maybe the homeless community gets overwhelmed instead. Maybe the social worker community gets overwhelmed. Maybe the truck driving and food providing industry gets overwhelmed. Maybe the police departments and prison and jail and court systems get overwhelmed. Along with many other industries.

Every option sucks. I don't envy mr trump. I will try to give him a break in this difficult time.

Having said all that, I just hope that he uses his heart (if he has one) and good data and good ideas from his supporting cast to make the decision but I worry that he will simply decide what to do based solely on his ego and wanting to win the next election. I hope and pray that his motivations for whatever decisions he is going to make are the right motivations regardless of what the decisions end up being made (again, no matter what he decides it's going to suck)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

This is what Democrats are fighting against:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/03/23/trump-coronavirus-senate-economic-stimulus/

Senate Democrats voted Sunday evening to block the bill from advancing, infuriating Republicans. Democrats have alleged the bill does too much to help prop up businesses without directing enough money to households, hospitals and health professionals. White House officials have acknowledged the unprecedented assistance the legislation would steer toward corporations, but they have said this money would help protect millions of jobs.

“This isn’t corporate welfare,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Fox Business on Monday morning. “This helps all American workers.”

Republicans want a bailout to corporations. Democrats don't. Mnunchin wants a $500 billion dollar slush fund to enrich Trump and be used as bribes for Trump's biggest *** kissers. Democrats don't.

I know this would require too much critical thinking by morons like @Heathme, but:
  • Why won't Trump exempt his businesses from these handouts?
  • Why do resorts, airlines, and cruises deserve bailouts? They're not as valuable to our economy as our largest financial institutions. Airlines have declared bankruptcy before.
  • So even if a few airlines go bankrupt, what's the big deal?
  • Why aren't companies held accountable for their business decisions? They did after all, receive gigantic tax breaks the last few years. Why didn't they create rainy day funds?
  • Why not focus on workers? Why do Republicans think corporate welfare is beneficial to workers but not worker welfare being beneficial to corporations?

I don't think there are many people who dislike Trump more than me. I hate having him as president.
Having said that, whatever he decides to do as far as either tanking the economy or overwhelming the healthcare system is going to suck. There is no winning situation for him or our country. So I'm going to try to not criticize him for whichever way he goes.
I mean if he decides to enforce extreme social distancing then maybe the healthcare system doesn't get overwhelmed (of course, maybe it still would get overwhelmed anyway. We just don't know) but then maybe the homeless community gets overwhelmed instead. Maybe the social worker community gets overwhelmed. Maybe the truck driving and food providing industry gets overwhelmed. Maybe the police departments and prison and jail and court systems get overwhelmed. Along with many other industries.

Every option sucks. I don't envy mr trump. I will try to give him a break in this difficult time.

Having said all that, I just hope that he uses his heart (if he has one) and good data and good ideas from his supporting cast to make the decision but I worry that he will simply decide what to do based solely on his ego and wanting to win the next election. I hope and pray that his motivations for whatever decisions he is going to make are the right motivations regardless of what the decisions end up being made (again, no matter what he decides it's going to suck)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Dude... Seriously? How many ****ing times must you be disappointed?

Interview of Dr. Fauci by Science magazine. If he keeps talking like this, well, the boss's loyalty meter will go off I'm afraid.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...-tries-make-white-house-listen-facts-pandemic

Q: Most everyone thinks that you’re doing a remarkable job, but you’re standing there as the representative of truth and facts, but things are being said that aren’t true and aren’t factual.

A: The way it happened is that after he made that statement [suggesting China could have revealed the discovery of a new coronavirus 3 to 4 months earlier], I told the appropriate people, it doesn’t comport, because 2 or 3 months earlier would have been September. The next time they sit down with him and talk about what he’s going to say, they will say, “By the way, Mr. President, be careful about this and don’t say that.” But I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down. OK, he said it. Let’s try and get it corrected for the next time.

The deal was already negotiated and agreed upon. Democrats are now adding in all the garbage, screwing the American people.

why are you so insistent on taking my hard earned money away and giving it to big global corporations?

my children and grandchildren shouldn’t be saddled with the costs of your corporate welfare.
Let the cruise lines fail. New ones will pop up when the demand for them comes back. Free market, right? Why are republicans so insistent in turning this Country into a welfare state for corporations and Trump cronies?

It's sad that people like @Heathme would rather give corporations billions in handouts all to hurt Democrats instead of passing anything that helps real Americans.

Cruise lines could fail? Let them. Why should my kids and grandkids be saddled with billions in debt? Oh, because Heath just wants to hurt Democrats and give his daddy issues a win? Sad!

It's sad that people like @Heathme would rather give corporations billions in handouts all to hurt Democrats instead of passing anything that helps real Americans.

Cruise lines could fail? Let them. Why should my kids and grandkids be saddled with billions in debt? Oh, because Heath just wants to hurt Democrats and give his daddy issues a win? Sad!
Well, for one, we're talking about loans. The U.S. government made significant money off the auto "bailouts." It was all paid back plus interest. The factories stayed open, people had jobs, the associated supporting industry kept afloat.

I mean I get it, and I also support strings that require them to keep their employees, but some amount of loans are a good idea.

Wtf is Nancy Pelosi .. she’s gonna go down in history as a grandstanding toxic piece of crap.

All your politicians on both sides are garbage. Our opposition leader yesterday gave a great speech that while his side would push strongly for certain issues in whatever stimulus package we’re coming up with, that this isn’t the time for haggling and they would support whatever the government wanted to do.

other countries politicians while far from perfect are making a pretty decent effort at constructively working together.

the American people have great spirit, the American leaders all around not so much

Wtf is Nancy Pelosi .. she’s gonna go down in history as a grandstanding toxic piece of crap.

All your politicians on both sides are garbage. Our opposition leader yesterday gave a great speech that while his side would push strongly for certain issues in whatever stimulus package we’re coming up with, that this isn’t the time for haggling and they would support whatever the government wanted to do.

other countries politicians while far from perfect are making a pretty decent effort at constructively working together.

the American people have great spirit, the American leaders all around not so much

Advocating for worker protections and paid time off is now considered “grandstanding?”

what do you think about giving Donald a $500 billion dollar slush fund?

Elections have consequences. If Republicans wanted Democrats to mindlessly rubber stamp their Senate bill then they shouldn't have epically lost the House in 2018. Elections have consequences and for one hope the Democrats give Republicans hell. Their bill sucks. It doesn't do enough to help workers and is a massive giveaway to corporations and Trump. Trump in his presser today asked us to "Trust in him" with the $500 billion dollar slush fund. Seriously? The House isn't going let "trust" in the most corrupt president in our nation's history. Especially with money. We all saw what he did to Ukraine.

Elections have consequences. Time for Repubs to compromise and work with us. No more closed door meetings with Mitch kicking Democrats out. Time to work for American citizens; not for Trump’s re-election campaign.

Last edited:
@The Thriller. Nobel prize winner Paul Krugman had some good points today about the slush fund:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/...il&login=email&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage
  • "our highest priority isn’t job creation, it’s disaster relief". Basically helping families, small businesses and the health sector.
  • The stimulus bill provides "some, but only some, of the aid Americans in distress will need". The legislation includes "poison pills, like a provision that would deny aid to many nonprofit institutions like nursing homes and group homes for the disabled. But it also includes a $500 billion slush fund for corporations that the Trump administration could allocate at its discretion, with essentially no oversight. This isn’t just terrible policy; it’s an insult to our intelligence."
  • "it would be totally out of character for this administration to allocate huge sums fairly and in the public interest"
  • "there’s also the issue of competence. Why would you give vast discretionary power to a team that utterly botched the response to the coronavirus because Trump didn’t want to hear bad news?".
  • "right now Republicans seem dead set on exploiting a crisis their own president helped create by his refusal to take the pandemic seriously".