What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

He is going to be the first president to be impeached twice! The article will be introduced on Monday and voted on on Wednesday. It's virtually a lock to pass, IMO. The senate won't take it up until 1/20. This is because the senate is in "pro-forma" session until the inauguration. And while McConnel can call for a session to take up the article, it takes only 1 GOP senator to veto the call for a senate session while in "pro-forma". So, the new Schumer-led senate will have to take it up. And why should they take it up after Trump is gone? Because there is still a good chance for conviction (2/3's of senators *present* to convict), and if convicted, it only takes a simple majority senate vote to prevent Trump from ever holding public office again. That makes it worth it.

That doesn't surprise me. Personally I don't think Trump's Capitol riot speech will be held criminally liable. (But it is impeachable. )

But his call to the GA Sec of State pressuring him to somehow find the exact number of votes needed for him to win the state--now that is criminal in my opinion, both by state and federal statutes.

Trump has made 56,000 tweets since becoming president lololololololol.

Between tweeting, golfing, holding rallies, and watching TV (mostly fox, oann, newsmax, etc) when did that ****er have anytime to work?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
At maybe 20 seconds per tweet he spent 13 days tweeting. lol

For those watching the House "debates" on this...
Anyone hearing anything at all edifying?
I'm not.
The best remarks were by the Minority leader... I do not agree with his perspective, but he was eloquent and had many good points - on top of acknowledging that the riots were the fault of the President.
Any other thoughts?

I know there has been talk of holding the trial sometime after Biden’s first hundred days, but I have also read that that would be unconstitutional....
It isn't clearly defined in the constitution and there is precedent.

Btw this guy's channel is really good. He manages to maintain a certain level of balance even when his own opinions are clear. He does a great job breaking down the legal aspects for the masses to make it very understandable. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
It isn't clearly defined in the constitution and there is precedent.

Thanks. This is the article I had read. Obviously, I don’t really know the correct answer to this, but would not be surprised if the Supreme Court had to decide on whether a trial or not.

“The Constitution itself answers this question clearly: No, he cannot be. Once Trump’s term ends on Jan. 20, Congress loses its constitutional authority to continue impeachment proceedings against him — even if the House has already approved articles of impeachment.

Therefore, if the House of Representatives were to impeach the president before he leaves office, the Senate could not thereafter convict the former president and disqualify him under the Constitution from future public office.

The reason for this is found in the Constitution itself. Trump would no longer be incumbent in the Office of the President at the time of the delayed Senate proceeding and would no longer be subject to “impeachment conviction” by the Senate, under the Constitution’s Impeachment Clauses. Which is to say that the Senate’s only power under the Constitution is to convict — or not — an incumbent president.

Thanks. This is the article I had read. Obviously, I don’t really know the correct answer to this, but would not be surprised if the Supreme Court had to decide on whether a trial or not.

“The Constitution itself answers this question clearly: No, he cannot be. Once Trump’s term ends on Jan. 20, Congress loses its constitutional authority to continue impeachment proceedings against him — even if the House has already approved articles of impeachment.

Therefore, if the House of Representatives were to impeach the president before he leaves office, the Senate could not thereafter convict the former president and disqualify him under the Constitution from future public office.

The reason for this is found in the Constitution itself. Trump would no longer be incumbent in the Office of the President at the time of the delayed Senate proceeding and would no longer be subject to “impeachment conviction” by the Senate, under the Constitution’s Impeachment Clauses. Which is to say that the Senate’s only power under the Constitution is to convict — or not — an incumbent president.
That's incorrect. At least, it's certainly not "clear". Most experts I've heard/read feel like it would be permissible.

I totally understand why people want to impeach him again. I get that it prevents him from running again in 2024 and he loses a number of other benefits as well. I get that he needs to be held responsible.

But...... The chances of the senate voting to convict is small (I think. Maybe I'm wrong here).

His supporters will only see this as another biased attack from the left and will be emboldened and angrier than ever and will never allow Biden to have a chance to do anything right in their eyes (admittedly this might be the case anyway)
Another impeachment trial will keep Trump on the front page of everything and his stupid fat *** shadow will envelop the country for even longer.

I would like to just let him fade away as much as possible and with another impeachment trial that won't happen. I think his supporters will see this as making Trump's legend even larger than ever before.

I'm against impeachment.

I totally understand why people want to impeach him again. I get that it prevents him from running again in 2024 and he loses a number of other benefits as well. I get that he needs to be held responsible.

But...... The chances of the senate voting to convict is small (I think. Maybe I'm wrong here).

His supporters will only see this as another biased attack from the left and will be emboldened and angrier than ever and will never allow Biden to have a chance to do anything right in their eyes (admittedly this might be the case anyway)
Another impeachment trial will keep Trump on the front page of everything and his stupid fat *** shadow will envelop the country for even longer.

I would like to just let him fade away as much as possible and with another impeachment trial that won't happen. I think his supporters will see this as making Trump's legend even larger than ever before.

I'm against impeachment.

That's forever on Senate Republicans if they fail to convict. But when facing evil you need to stand up. Trump deserves to be impeached and convicted. The Legislative branch needs to show that it still has a spine. Otherwise, the constitution is just a piece of paper and the next dictator will continue to test the fences.

Some interesting rumblings that McConnell isn't against convicting Trump and banning him from holding further office... even though he won't allow the senate trial before Biden takes office. Will be interesting to see how the Senate trial goes.

That's forever on Senate Republicans if they fail to convict. But when facing evil you need to stand up. Trump deserves to be impeached and convicted. The Legislative branch needs to show that it still has a spine. Otherwise, the constitution is just a piece of paper and the next dictator will continue to test the fences.
Totally fair and I agree and have no argument against this thought.
I just want trump out of my life as much as possible as quickly as possible. I think that impeaching him hurts what I want lol.

Totally fair and I agree and have no argument against this thought.
I just want trump out of my life as much as possible as quickly as possible. I think that impeaching him hurts what I want lol.

He ain't fading into the background. Its against his nature. I'm sorry... it sucks.

Some interesting rumblings that McConnell isn't against convicting Trump and banning him from holding further office... even though he won't allow the senate trial before Biden takes office. Will be interesting to see how the Senate trial goes.
Trump has served his purpose. Mcconnell has sucked all the tax cuts and judges he can from trump and is ready to toss the dry empty husk of a man away. I actually expect him to convict so it clears the GOP field in 2022 and 2024 and encourages big donors to donate again. And I expect McConnell to try all the tricks in the books to make the trial last as long as possible, burning valuable time during Biden’s “Honeymoon.”

Last edited: