What's new

The Official "Let's Vote Trump Out" Thread!

People often think that unaffordable housing only exists in big “liberal” cities. It’s actually happening in red states too. Utah is one of them. Just curious, have any of you bought a home in the past 5 years here along the Wasatch Front?

these two articles are enlightening. This one is about rent:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46541867/unaffordable-utah-housing-crisis-hits-renters-hardest

And this one about home prices is insane:
https://www.ksl.com/article/4668741...-lake-county-are-higher-than-theyve-ever-been

Have your salaries increased at that same rate???

Yeah, I was curious and looked at home prices in Salt Lake City and some other towns out 2-3 years ago. Crazy expensive. SLC is a major city yes but it’s not NYC and such.

That's wasn't the point but nice deflection. Do you have anything to say about why drug use and homelessness is skyrocketing? I bet you don't.
Drug use is skyrocketing? And Homelessness is skyrocketing?

I'm not saying they are not, but do you have stats for that?

Drug use is skyrocketing? And Homelessness is skyrocketing?

I'm not saying they are not, but do you have stats for that?
I ask because people often act like it's obvious that crime is soaring and humans no longer care about one another like they used to when the fact is violent crime has been going down since the middle ages and human compassion seems to do nothing but go up. Yet many if not most people seem to think it's obvious things are getting worse all the time.

So you're telling me has an agenda. Gotcha. Let's not talk about the actual fact that openly allowing drug use is not fixing ****.
We can talk about all sorts of things. I think giving people treatment is a more effective way to help people with addiction than locking them up. We obviously need to do a better job of this.

As for homelessness it's rising in California but it's not skyrocketing across the county, it's actually been trending down for over a decade. California's ridiculous housing costs are a big reason for this.

Lol I googled "homeless skyrocketing" and provided the link. There are 100's of articles. It's skyrocketing in NY, SF, LA, NO, Seattle. Your own article says it's increasing lol.

Do you try to be a complete imbecile? Look at the rates over the last 20 years. They’re down significantly. And last year they skyrocketed...a whole 0.3%!!!!!!!

Here’s Wikipedia’s numbers which essentially are the same since you’re mentally challenged.

upload_2020-2-8_12-20-11.gif