The oil spill...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TroutBum, Jun 6, 2010.

1. BabyPeterzz

BabyPeterzz Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Brazil is doing great things. If you like, check out the policies employed in Curitiba, Brazil. Very impressive for such a poor country.

2. Duck Rodgers

Duck Rodgers Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Alright, that seems pretty sensible. I wasn't sure if you were a idealist or what, but I can agree with that view even though my view on oil dependency isn't really similar.

3. TheMulletMutilator

TheMulletMutilator Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Nuclear is a great option for obvious reasons. The drawback is obviously the waste created. But there is a sure fire way to get rid of it without worries. The possibility it could be shot into space is a very interesting one. France uses 70% or so of nuclear for their total energy but they are very stupid about dealing with waste. Anyway, solar and wind are nice ideas but until the cost goes down a lot they are pipe dreams. Natural Gas is a great source and would be huge for Utah in general considering we have a nice supply of it. Hydrogen is another pipe dream as of now.

4. Duck Rodgers

Duck Rodgers Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
  5. moevillini

moevillini the Chief Old D'oh Staff Member

May 26, 2010
    just heard this, and I thought it was funny, in sort of a sad way - - - my youngest son is a "big brother" / mentor for a little boy who's now about 7 years old, he was with him today and they were playing in his back yard where he has one of those inflatable swimming pools. Little Justin was busy filling the pool up with mud and gunk, so my son asks him what he's doing and he says he's making the BP Oil Spill and then he'll see if he can clean it up.