What's new

The Return of Deron Williams?

Deron was a stud but really full of himself. Perhaps he's more humbled now but I'd be hesitant to mess with the awesome chemistry on the squad now. Let Deron resurrect himself in Dallas - hopefully it's a win win for both of them, since they've both endured a little turbulence.

Jeez- THIS RUDE! He can make it and it is something to say!

Yes he can. Doesn't mean he should, or that there is anything here that is real to discuss in this matter. When something starts out as people in NBA circles think Dwill could come back, and the thread doesn't start with these NBA people are retarded, then yes, it was dumb, and a waste of time and space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-Will ready to be a backup.

He made that $$$ and now he is just ready to chill in Utah and teach the young guys.

Yes he can. Doesn't mean he should, or that there is anything here that is real to discuss in this matter. When something starts out as people in NBA circles think Dwill could come back, and the thread doesn't start with these NBA people are retarded, then yes, it was dumb, and a waste of time and space.

Please calm down and dont get so mad. It mention Jazz and Deron. Obviously it was a worthy discussion. If you density issue I cant help you.

If he can come in and convince everybody how great it is in Utah, and how bad it is to take top dollar somewhere else, then bring him in!

But the key part of this story is that he burned bridges so even reading some obscure rumor like that should be laughed at and tossed aside immediately.

Thread!!!!

Meh, people know Dwill was right. Sloan was over the hill in coaching. He had to go. He could no longer teach anyone to play defense and he couldn't modernize his system to defend the 3pt line or take more 3 pointers. Dwill did us a lowkey favor.

Deron called Dirk on the phone and said that if he does go to Dallas he'll make Dirk an all star.

Meh, people know Dwill was right. Sloan was over the hill in coaching. He had to go. He could no longer teach anyone to play defense and he couldn't modernize his system to defend the 3pt line or take more 3 pointers. Dwill did us a lowkey favor.

While the incident with Sloan at the bulls game is the most famous, it is only part of the dysfunction that Dwill had become. Debate whether or not the game had passed Sloan by, or speculate whether or not Sloan had dementia or if his heart was in it. But it doesn't explain or excuse the sour, conceited, cynical, sarcastic attitude that DWill brought to work everyday as a Jazz man. Or the abuse he doled out to Jazz players, coaches, broadcasters, and arena staff.

Since Sloan quit in 2011 Dwill has had 5 head coaches. It seems like no-one wants to coach the guy. It is little surprise that the NETS want to trade him now, in an article I read this morning they cited his diminished play and his bad attitude as the reasons they are willing to pay him $47M to just go away.

Williams is set to make more than $43 million over the next two years. After three straight seasons of constant turmoil --in large part due to injuries and leadership issues -- the Nets have been working effortlessly to get Williams off the books

https://www.netsdaily.com/2015/7/10...Deron-Williams-Brooklyn-Nets-Dallas-Mavericks

Locke in his podcast said that no one inside the Jazz organization is talking about Dwill returning, nor should they. DWill burned those bridges in the organization and too many of the bridges with the fans.

I wish Dwill the best....somewhere else.

While the incident with Sloan at the bulls game is the most famous, it is only part of the dysfunction that Dwill had become. Debate whether or not the game had passed Sloan by, or speculate whether or not Sloan had dementia or if his heart was in it. But it doesn't explain or excuse the sour, conceited, cynical, sarcastic attitude that DWill brought to work everyday as a Jazz man. Or the abuse he doled out to Jazz players, coaches, broadcasters, and arena staff.

Since Sloan quit in 2011 Dwill has had 5 head coaches. It seems like no-one wants to coach the guy. It is little surprise that the NETS want to trade him now, in an article I read this morning they cited his diminished play and his bad attitude as the reasons they are willing to pay him $47M to just go away.

Locke in his podcast said that no one inside the Jazz organization is talking about Dwill returning, nor should they. DWill burned those bridges in the organization and too many of the bridges with the fans.

Not sure how he burned bridges with fans... The dude is a top 5 jazz player of all time and led the 2nd greatest jazz team ever to the wcf. He also did a lot for the city of slc. Was involved with a bunch of charity events, was seen at a ton of different golf courses, went to local stars' (Jimmer) bball games, and even held the famous party here with Lil Jon (when has that ever happened?). How many charity events has Hayward put together since he's been here?

I like this thread. The quickest and most accurate way to gauge a Jazz fan's basketball IQ is to see if they actually think bringing Deron Williams back to the Jazz is a good thing.

Not sure how he burned bridges with fans... The dude is a top 5 jazz player of all time and led the 2nd greatest jazz team ever to the wcf. He also did a lot for the city of slc. Was involved with a bunch of charity events, was seen at a ton of different golf courses, went to local stars' (Jimmer) bball games, and even held the famous party here with Lil Jon (when has that ever happened?). How many charity events has Hayward put together since he's been here?

Lotsa good point here. And as much I like Hayward he does nothing for the state or city. He does not seem very invest here with jazz. Probably point to be concern about future for our star. I think

Lotsa good point here. And as much I like Hayward he does nothing for the state or city. He does not seem very invest here with jazz. Probably point to be concern about future for our star. I think

Jazz fans have to be the most delicate fans in the NBA when it comes to where their stars spend their offseasons. John Stockton retreated to Spokane for most of his summers, as Karl did the same with Louisiana. The dude just became a father. He'll be here for training camp, and he'll be in shape and ready to play. I could give a rats *** that he hasn't been in Utah partying with Little Jon. Damn it guys.

Jazz fans have to be the most delicate fans in the NBA when it comes to where their stars spend their offseasons. John Stockton retreated to Spokane for most of his summers, as Karl did the same with Louisiana. The dude just became a father. He'll be here for training camp, and he'll be in shape and ready to play. I could give a rats *** that he hasn't been in Utah partying with Little Jon. Damn it guys.

Stockton was also a HOF point guard so no one gave a **** where he was. Malone was active in the community. Simply pointing out why DWill didn't burn a bridge... And I still believe it'd be great for Exum to learn... Burke is awful.

Go Utes

So Dwill hatchets the hall of fame coach, the owner and the GM, destroys the locker room, is seen at all star weekend begging for a trade. Then follows it up with 4 years of bad performances, 4 head coaches and more allegations of bad attitude. And you suggest Jazz fans are supposed to say, " come home, you organized a few tax deduction, er, uh, charity events in salt lake so We love you."

No thanks. Keep his toxic attitude and bad habits away from this young Jazz team.

Stefan Bondy@SBondyNYDN 1 hour ago
Around AS break, sources say Deron Williams had to be physically restrained from going after Hollins during a meeting to air out grievances.

Last edited:
So Dwill hatchets the hall of fame coach, the owner and the GM, destroys the locker room, is seen at all star weekend begging for a trade. Then follows it up with 4 years of bad performances, 4 head coaches and more allegations of bad attitude. And you suggest Jazz fans are supposed to say, " come home, you organized a few tax deduction, er, uh, charity events in salt lake so We love you."

No thanks. Keep his toxic attitude and bad habits away from this young Jazz team.

Stefan Bondy@SBondyNYDN 1 hour ago
Around AS break, sources say Deron Williams had to be physically restrained from going after Hollins during a meeting to air out grievances.

To D-Will’s defense, the FO put together one of the worst off seasons in franchise history, so I see why he was pissed and questioned the FO’s commitment of building a contender roster around him. A reminder of how awful that offseason was:
- Letting Korver and Brewer walk. Ronnie Brewer was playing pretty dang well the previous season ( 10 ppg / 50% fg shooter). Brewer was one of DWill’s friends on the team, and I remember D-Will requesting that he and Wes Matthews be resigned.
- Not getting Wes Matthew’s deal done earlier before Portland threw the front loaded contract at us.
- Getting Raja freaking Bell to replace our void at SG.
- Reacting too quickly by replacing Boozer with Jefferson, who might have been the worst fit next to DWill.
- Not attempting to trade AK/Okur for a true defensive center

Adding Sloan’s stubbornness of not adjusting to the modern NBA, Williams had every right to act like a diva. He was in the prime of his career and the FO screwed up by not surrounding him with a championship cast.

Deron called Dirk on the phone and said that if he does go to Dallas he'll make Dirk an all star.

killed it, like homebrew in trout's weak gut

Are you trying to be the new Stifle Tower?