What's new

The Ringer's Jonathan Tjarks raves about Utah Jazz on Twitter

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
Dude, What are you doing in the shower with b_line? Not that there's anything wrong with it...
don't be jealous bro. Hop on in. b_line is rich. His shower is huge. Plenty of room.

I'm thrilled with this offseason. There was nothing amazing, but when you look at it in terms of what went out and what came back:

Out
12th pick
Booker (I'm still bummed, but I get it)
Burke

In
George Hill
J Johnson
Diaw

The upgrades on the bench in terms of what the Jazz gave up is fantastic. Depth was increased and veteran leadership was added at the same time. The only loss I really see is Booker's fire/energy, but the upgrades were worth it.

Now its all about staying healthy. We need to see Burks and Exum last all year. Injuries happen, but please dont let us have any bad ones.

We are due for a healthy year....

Going to be fascinating seeing how all these pieces will be used by Quin, actually a lot more pressure on him this year.

What will he do with Burks ??

DL promised us he will not skip steps. He promised us championship contenders! Now he punts after these many years rebuild?

This is the next step in the natural progression, dude. You want to tank a few more years before winning? There will be opportunities to find other teams.

The more I think about the Johnson signing the more pumped I am getting, the dude is EXACTLY what we needed. We are gonna be good.
I'm super pumped

What I like the most about Johnson's addition is that it might reduce the necessity for Hayward being the go-to guy at the end of close games. Johnson might have lost a step, but is certainly experienced in creating for himself from high-post. A more mature Hood might also help in those situations, not to mention having an accomplished point guard in Hill.

Gawd-damn, the shot-making abilities of a Hill-Hood-Hayward-Johnson-Favors lineup in the clutch tho.

What I like the most about Johnson's addition is that it might reduce the necessity for Hayward being the go-to guy at the end of close games. Johnson might have lost a step, but is certainly experienced in creating for himself from high-post. A more mature Hood might also help in those situations, not to mention having an accomplished point guard in Hill.
Not going to happen. I don't see Quin giving the ball to anyone other than Hayward or Hood.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

JJ played a lot of 4 against Toronto in the playoffs once Bosh and Whiteside were both out.

How were the analytics during that time?

I think he played a lot for NJ vs the Hawks two seasons ago in the playoffs too.

I'm excited for JJ to go against bench guys... I don't think he's ever come off the bench much. Could murder bench wings even at his advanced age.

This team going to be good.

How were the analytics during that time?

I think he played a lot for NJ vs the Hawks two seasons ago in the playoffs too.

no clue but it passed the eye test. I mean Miami went 7 games with no Bosh or Whiteside, while Dragic was largely MIA

Not going to happen. I don't see Quin giving the ball to anyone other than Hayward or Hood.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I could easily see Quin going elsewhere to avoid being too predictable and also to take advantage of certain matchups or if someone else has had the hot hand.