What's new

The Rotation as it stands before free agency

Qman

This is just an illustration of our holes in the rotation. I am assuming we can resign Ingles given his stated interest.

Starting PG 28/Exum 20/Neto/Williams-Goss?(two-way contract?)
Hood 28/Burks 12/Mitchell 8
Starting SF 32/ Ingles 18
Favors 12/Johnson 24/Diaw 12 /Bolomboy 0
Gobert 32/Favors 18/ Bradley 0

First thought is we won't really miss Lyles or Withey if Favors is healthy. But we probably need one more big on the roster in case of injuries. But with potentially 14 on the roster we'll have to decide on more big depth or wing depth.

Second if that we are thinner on the Wings that I thought. If we can resign Hayward, we probably still want another wing or guard--Exum's size helps out of flexibility.

In the event that we don't resign Hayward the rotation might look something like this---I am sure Ingles is resigning no matter what and that we will end up with a new starting PG.

Starting PG 30/Neto 18/Williams-Goss 0
Exum 26/Burks 12/Mitchell 10
Hood 28/ Ingles 20
Favors 12/Johnson 24/Diaw 12 /Bolomboy 0
Gobert 32/Favors 18/ Bradley 0

You might want to play Johnson at the 3 but I think the wing minutes would wear him down. Of course we might being another free agent wing to try and help out.

If I'm reading this correctly you think we'd only play Mitchell 8 minutes a game if Hayward stays and 10 minutes a game if Hayward leaves?

No way. Burks will most likely be traded before the season starts I'm guessing. Between PG/SG there will be enough minutes for Mitchell.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

If I'm reading this correctly you think we'd only play Mitchell 8 minutes a game if Hayward stays and 10 minutes a game if Hayward leaves?

No way. Burks will most likely be traded before the season starts I'm guessing. Between PG/SG there will be enough minutes for Mitchell.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I am not a big believer in rookies playing winning basketball. Mitchell D will earn him a few minutes. But if Burks is injured again that changes everything.