What's new

The sad state of game threads...

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
@Jason

We don't need game threads for the sake of having a game thread if they're gonna suck as bad as they have this year.

If people aren't interested in making a decent game thread then just let it go. Jazzfanz was already weak in the game thread department. Now it's just sad.

People want chat... let it be.

Are those pesky game threads getting in the way of your JazzFanz viewing pleasure? You’ve lost Boris and now Dutch to go tinfoil hat on and now you’re going after our game threads?

The game threads still get used a little after the game and if we start winning more they will pick up before games. Plus I like having a place to read the game chat if I miss some of it.
I don’t particularly like the chat, so I just post in the game threads. I do read the chat stuff when it gets posted there. I prefer the old way of doing things, but can’t fault others if they like the chat room instead. I just figured out a way that works for me.

I really dont get why people cry about this. If you want a more elaborate game thread, make one yourself. Dont cry about it if you aint about it.
x10000
We have had some incredible game threads in the past, I personally don't have the time and skills to do things that have been done in the past. I think the current game threads are an acceptable substitute until we are graced with some talent again. I enjoy reading the chat, though I don't participate much there. I also like having a place to comment after.

Game threads are like the state of the team. Not as good as they used to be, but could become something special in the future.

The game threads have been utter ****. That's not crying, that's the truth.

I'm embarrassed that occasionally fans of other teams will come here to check out their opponents premier fan forum and find a "Game starts in 5min, this is the game thread."

Anyone who thinks I'm actually advocating for no game threads, well...

First, chat has essentially killed the game threads. I don't use the chat. I used to like the game threads.

Second, what I'm advocating for are people making good game threads. I've made more than my fair share of what I consider to be decent game threads.

I think there should be a standard format, I've advocated for that for years. I think people should commit in advance to making a game thread so that multiple people don't work on good game threads simultaneously only to have a crap game thread thrown together in 2min and get stickied before they are done.

I want game threads... good ones.

I'm embarrassed that occasionally fans of other teams will come here to check out their opponents premier fan forum and find a "Game starts in 5min, this is the game thread."

First, chat has essentially killed the game threads. I don't use the chat. I used to like the game threads.

Second, what I'm advocating for are people making good game threads. I've made more than my fair share of what I consider to be decent game threads.

I think there should be a standard format, I've advocated for that for years. I think people should commit in advance to making a game thread so that multiple people don't work on good game threads simultaneously only to have a crap game thread thrown together in 2min and get stickied before they are done.

Dont you have something better to do?

Good call. I’d like to see JFC organized like the LDS Church, assigning game threads in advance to everyone, and once a month have an “open mic night” where anyone can start a game thread and it doesn’t even have to be Jazz related.

In other news, I find it a bit odd that the guy who hasn’t seen a game this season is disturbed by the quality of the threads for said game.

Man, you might be taking this place a bit too seriously if you really worry what other fanbases might think of us lol.

you guys are funny

how worked up do you imagine I am about this?

I don’t particularly like the chat, so I just post in the game threads. I do read the chat stuff when it gets posted there. I prefer the old way of doing things, but can’t fault others if they like the chat room instead. I just figured out a way that works for me.
This is how i feel. I like the gamethreads better than chat but whatever. Still glad to have a gamethread even if its crappy.

you guys are funny

how worked up do you imagine I am about this?
I'm just taking your words at face value here man. I actually agree in part, and miss the old game threads when I'm unable to participate in the chat due to work or whatever. But worrying about what Rockets fans must think about us when they drop by is a bit much.