What's new

The season of great potential - Just another season of disappointment

Favors is better by what measure? Oh right, worthless stats. I forgot, Favors has been the best player on his team and led them to the playoffs the last 3-4 years. That's right, Favors was on the NBA All Defensive Team. Oh yeah, Favors was an All Star a couple of the last few years.

Oh wait, Favors hasn't done ****. He's put up some stats on a sub .500 team as the 2nd or 3rd best player. When he actually plays.

With Millsap in place of Favors, we are a playoff team the last 2 years and better this year. He's a better player. He makes his team's better.

But let's just dwell on age and a guy who pads stats for a nonplayoff team.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

Favors is better by what measure? Oh right, worthless stats. I forgot, Favors has been the best player on his team and led them to the playoffs the last 3-4 years. That's right, Favors was on the NBA All Defensive Team. Oh yeah, Favors was an All Star a couple of the last few years.

Oh wait, Favors hasn't done ****. He's put up some stats on a sub .500 team as the 2nd or 3rd best player. When he actually plays.

With Millsap in place of Favors, we are a playoff team the last 2 years and better this year. He's a better player. He makes his team's better.

What are Millsaps worthwhile accomplishments? Getting spanked by daddy Lebron?

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

What are Millsaps worthwhile accomplishments? Getting spanked by daddy Lebron?

Yeah. Millsap must really suck losing to a top 5 all time player like almost everybody else does. Its so funny people knock Millsap for losing to LeBron but defend a guy who loses a must win game at home against the Clippers' 2nd unit last year. It's a great example of the lack of depth with some Jazz fans.

Yeah. Millsap must really suck losing to a top 5 all time player like almost everybody else does. Its so funny people knock Millsap for losing to LeBron but defend a guy who loses a must win game at home against the Clippers' 2nd unit last year. It's a great example of the lack of depth with some Jazz fans.

Nah we just have patience?

It is very very arguable that Millsap was the best player. I would give that distinction to Al Horford before he left. Maybe he is this year or maybe its Shroeder or Howard and that team is btw .500 now.

Millsap when his team made it to the playoffs and won he was surrounded by 3 other all-stars as well. Has Favors played next to 3 all-stars? Is his W/L comparable with the different teams?

Yes Millsap made the All-star team in the East. That does not mean that much to me. Yes he made a the all-defense team but he also played on a team that was playing really high team level defense. We saw what he was as a defender as a starter for the Jazz and it was piss poor his last year. We saw what he did for us in the playoffs and it wasnt enough. He has chocked in the playoffs with a team with the best record in the East. He got carried to the Conference Finals and averaged 3/10 shooting, .11 from three and didnt help his team win a single game despite his team being close in 3 of the games in spite of him.

How about this year with a good team around him again? He had one really big game against the Celtics in which his team lost. The rest of the games he was awful. His team won a game that he shot 1 out of 12 and 4 points. That is your best player? 1 out of 12 and you win in the playoffs? I think there were some better players carrying him that game and in that entire series. But he can stretch the floor with his three right? Oh if you take his 1 decent game out he never made more than 1 3 point shot and was shooting about 15% from 3? He averaged as many turnovers as assists. Sounds like he choked in the playoffs again... And got carried in the playoffs again by better players on his team.

Yes, Favors put up better stats in almost every category last season on the youngest team in the NBA that had a **** ton of injuries and barely missed the playoffs in the much more competitive western conference. Atlanta with a veteran heavy 4 all-stars team that was very healthy that year only got 8 more wins last year. Oh by the way our best PG that season was Mack who was their 3rd best PG.

I'm patient until 1/30/17 which is less than some. If we haven't shown signs of occasional greatness and sustained health by then, we have to move some things around.

We already have shown signs of being great this season when healthy. We are undefeated when Hayward and Hill play. We are 10-2 when we are only missing 1 starter not multiple starters. None of that factoring in our 6th best player isnt back yet.

Millsap was the best player. He led the team in points, rebounds, steals and assists. Keep denying...

No, he didnt. Some of those he did but you might want to look again. He especially did not in the playoffs. His team would have been better if he didnt shoot as much, especially in the playoffs. He was a bigger volume shooter that is for sure. Al Horford has always been the better player for that team.

What is your argument this year when he lost 2 of the all-stars next to him and his team is struggling and has the same record the Jazz had last year in a weaker conference?

This team is just mentally weak and has no killer instinct...which is why rubbish teams can easily comeback from big deficits against us. When faced with our biggest challenge of the season (vs. Golden State), we fall like a house of cards. One bad blowout sends us into a 3 game losing streak and I totally won't be surprised if we lose to the Lakers next. Even with the injuries, we're still good enough to have 2-3 more wins than we have now. I still think we will make the playoffs just because Portland and Sacramento aren't that good, but I expect a quick exit. The season will be a success from the standpoint that we are better than we were before, but we are nowhere even close to being a true contender.

I have to say that I do question our toughness. Perhaps it starts with Snyder, pulling out the troops before they've had a fair shake (Exum losing his confidence). When was the last time you saw a Jazzman draw a charge? Withey looks like he's going out to play polo at the country club half the time (silver spoon). Can you imagine him or Exum or Hayward in a fight, cause I sure can't. All I know is if we miss the playoffs again it's gotta be sayonara time for Snyder.

I have to say that I do question our toughness. Perhaps it starts with Snyder, pulling out the troops before they've had a fair shake (Exum losing his confidence). When was the last time you saw a Jazzman draw a charge? Withey looks like he's going out to play polo at the country club half the time (silver spoon). Can you imagine him or Exum or Hayward in a fight, cause I sure can't. All I know is if we miss the playoffs again it's gotta be sayonara time for Snyder.
We already know that Hayward is a pussycat and will back down from a fight (i.e. Wet Willy-gate), I think Favors, Lyles and Gobert would stand up to anyone, but pretty much everyone else on the Jazz are a bunch nice/easy-going types that would avoid confrontation at all costs.

I was thinking this a few nights ago while watching Demarre Carroll. Bolomboy could take a charge, if he develops into getting minutes. Probably too risky for Gobert or Favors. Mack seems like he's got the body to. Hood, no. Who did Ron Boone mention the other night as the league leader in taking charges?

Hill seems like he'd be tough. Jingles isn't afraid of anyone. Rodney is actually pretty fearless. Gordon takes ridiculous beatings out there and keeps playing. It was good to see Favors playing Valanciunas tough, he really went at him(fouling him) the other night when it was obvious that it would take that to stop him.

But I agree that it seems like other teams don't quite respect our toughness yet, and we don't have a guy willing to go out and risk being ejected with a tough foul. We need that. At least Rudy brings the chip on his shoulder every night and I think other teams now realize that he's never going to back down.

Lmfao.

It's the end of the world!

I guess occasional greatness isn't beating SA at home, or beating Memphis, OKC or Houston.

I guess occasional greatness isn't being #1 in man games missed (and to our best players mind you) and being 5 games above .500.

Nope. We lost some games due to the massive injuries. Blow it all up and abandon the season.

Lmfao. Like listening to my daughters be dramatic.

10 days from now people will be crowing about the team again. Lol

Don't get it, why it is disappointment? Because of injuries? We were not winning championship injuries or not, so one step of improvement for me is a positive. Make playoffs and I am happy. Win a first round series and I say it is huge success for this season.