What's new

The Sweet Science: Boxing

Possible FOTY tommorow in Russia. Noon EST...

commey.jpg

[tweet]804285708949143552[/tweet]

Commey won that fight easily and the Russian judges robbed him. He should've knocked him out tho. can't let that go to decision just weeks after the Kovalev gets robbed vs Ward..

JOSEPH PARKER will now be co-promoted by Bob Arum’s Top Rank as the unbeaten New Zealander prepares to fight Andy Ruiz for the vacant WBO world heavyweight title this weekend.
1476123386253.jpg

Arum will work alongside Duco Events, Parker’s main promoters, to build the fighter’s profile in America and China.

The news ensures that Arum – who promotes Ruiz – will have a world heavyweight champion after this weekend, regardless of who wins.

“Listen, having been in this business 50-plus years, I don’t expect anybody to win a fight, particularly when it’s as close on paper as this one is,” he said.

“I really think that the winner of this fight probably has the best chance to be the preeminent heavyweight, I really believe that.

“Parker has natural skills, he’s so big and he punches so hard and Andy has the fastest hands that I’ve seen on a heavyweight since Muhammad Ali.”
jHYdfVK.gif

The winner of the fight will have 90 days to fight mandatory challenger Hughie Fury.

https://www.boxingnewsonline.net/jo...ces-with-bob-arum-ahead-of-world-title-fight/

I really wish there was a different sort of way to organize boxing. The politics of the sport completely ruin the sport for me.

And I say this as someone who's watched boxing for longer than any other sport in my life

I really wish there was a different sort of way to organize boxing. The politics of the sport completely ruin the sport for me.

And I say this as someone who's watched boxing for longer than any other sport in my life

The fact that you can eventually work your way up to cutting out much of the middle-man like Mayweather did is cool to me. Corruption is widespread though, politics totally interfere with the product.. It is what it is though..

Team USA Silver Medalist Shakur Stevenson is turning pro under the guidance of the managerial team; J. Prince, Andre Ward and Josh Dubin.
giphy-6.gif

If Anthony Joshua does as expected on Saturday when he faces Eric Molina, he will defend his IBF heavyweight title on April 29, 2017, in a big-time fight against former world champion Wladimir Klitschko, according to https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...t-vs-wladimir-klitschko-assuming-saturday-win.
klitschko-joshua_2.jpg

The fight is set for Wembley Stadium, where Carl Froch once beat George Groves in front of 80,000.

Joshua (17-0, 17 KO) is a massive favorite on Saturday against Molina (25-3, 19 KO). Molina has received one world title shot in his career, against Deontay Wilder in June 2015. Wilder dominated and knocked Molina out in the ninth round.

Molina is coming off of a win over a faded version of Tomasz Adamek, knocking out the Polish veteran on April 2 in Krakow. He trailed big (88-83 on all three cards) before scoring the KO.

Klitschko (64-4, 53 KO) hasn’t fought since his November 2015 loss to Tyson Fury. A mandatory rematch was in order for 2016, but never did happen, and Fury ultimately vacated the WBA and WBO titles that he had won in that fight. (Fury also won the IBF belt, which was stripped from him shortly after the fight.)

The WBA has decided to sanction Joshua-Klitschko for its vacant title, as well, if the fight does happen.

@BoxingKingdom14
BREAKING NEWS: Luis Ortiz will face Shannon Briggs in the UK for the WBA regular title in February. Pending Ortiz beating Allan.
7:03 AM - 9 Dec 2016

skysports-degale-jack-jack-degale_3833653.jpg

The first big fight of 2017 has been confirmed. Badou Jack vs James DeGale Jan. 14 @ the Barclay's Center. I might check this out live.

skysports-james-degale-badou-jack-tale-of-the-tape_3851595.jpg

Fight night!!

Erislandy Lara’s junior middleweight title defense against Yuri Foreman on Jan. 13 will air on Spike TV at the Hialeah Park Amphitheater in Hialeah, Florida, Spike TV spokesman David Schwarz told RingTV.com on Monday.

If you've never seen Lara before check this out. One of the best 2-3 Cuban fighters on the planet. This is gonna be a massacre and Foreman is ranked 9th by the WBA at Super-welterweight

Junior welterweight titlist Terence Crawford gets dealt some bad news just days after successfully defeating John Molina Jr. on HBO.

Crawford has just been sentenced to 90 days in jail for an incident earlier this year where he forcibly removed his car from an auto body shop without paying his outstanding bill. Crawford is expected to actually serve 53 days under the sentencing guidelines.

Yesterday, Douglas County Judge Marcena Hendrix scolded Crawford by telling him:

"You've continued to act as if you are above the law, and you are not."
Meanwhile, assistant prosecutor Makayla Maclin mentioned that Crawford was "not truthful" during the presentence investigation as Matthew Kahler, the attorney representing Crawford, said that he hoped to have Crawford out of jail on appeal by days end.

All in all, this isn’t good for Crawford who has become a main staple of HBO’s boxing brand. Hopefully once he gets this behind him he can stay on the straight and narrow and make the most of his incredible talent.

Soon to be 52y/o Bernard Hopkins return to the ring went poorly.. He got knocked out of the ring.. check it out.. Should've hung em up after the Kovalev

[video]https://streamable.com/hw5hj

Anthony Joshua will have to fight Luis Ortiz for the WBA ‘Super’ heavyweight title if he gets past Wladimir Klitschko, confirmed the organisation’s president.

Gilberto J. Mendoza will sanction the vacant WBA 'Super' belt to be on the line when IBF champion Joshua collides with Klitschko on April 29, live on Sky Sports Box Office