What's new

The Sweet Science: Boxing

Yeah, man. I hear you. Thankfully these types of incidents are few and far in between.

One of the quickest ways someone can prove to me, without a doubt, that they're an *******, is by saying the words 'I watch NASCAR for the crashes'.

Had a bad feeling watching that live, I distinctly remember thinking 'this guy is taking permanent damage right now' and 'this is one of those beatings he's not gonna be the same after'... That was a bludgenoning and totally unnecessary.. ****ty matchmaking involved too, but definitely the refs fault..

I don't watch the fights just for entertainment, but that **** reached a point of not really being entertaining to me, and I just got pissed at the ref..

I know when you're in venue live everyone basically wants to see blood, and it's different, but this was too obvious..

Was a good day for boxing though.. That Ward-Kovalev match is going to be must-see TV.

Thats how you end a fight!!

Paul 'The Punisher' Williams made his debut as DeLoach's trainer too.

showtime-aiken-0021-e1458786067173.jpg

https://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/2...ms-back-boxing-debut-trainer-friday-showtime/

Charles Martin(23-0-1 21ko's) vs Anthony Joshua(15-0-0 15ko's) for the IBF Heavyweight World Championship this weekend!!

tumblr_o41lydZQiv1usb64to1_1280.png

anthony-joshua-charles-martin-ibf-tale-of-the-tape_3416262.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or--i2d960Y

Earlier this year, the WBA allowed super bantamweight champion Scott Quigg to put his belt on the line against IBF champion Carl Frampton on the condition that whoever won the fight faced Guillermo Rigondeaux, whom they named Champion in Recess. Frampton came out on top via split decision and, in doing so, committed himself to facing "El Chacal."

Recently, however, Frampton confirmed that he did not intend to fulfill his end of the bargain. The WBA have removed his belt and ordered a bout between Rigondeaux and interim champion Moises Flores.

The two must fight by August 1st.

Rigondeaux (16-0, 10 KO) has fought just once since the beginning of 2015, an absolute stinker against Drian Francisco on the undercard of Cotto vs. Canelo. He was set to face unheralded James Dickens before running into visa issues, a product of being in Russia with coach Pedro Diaz for Ruslan Chagaev's title defense.

Flores (24-0, 17 KO) picked up the interim title last April with a split decision over Oscar Escandon, then stopped Argentina's Luis Cusolito on the undercard of Julian Williams' blowout of Luciano Cuello. He's currently booked to face Namibia's Paulus Ambunda on the latter's home turf next month.

At least on paper, Flores presents the sort of aggression needed to drag a watchable fight against Rigondeaux. Still, it might be more prudent to worry about whether they'll get in the ring instead of what will happen inside it.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2016/4/...-orders-guillermo-rigondeaux-vs-moises-flores

Charles Martin(23-0-1 21ko's) vs Anthony Joshua(15-0-0 15ko's) for the IBF Heavyweight World Championship this weekend!!

tumblr_o41lydZQiv1usb64to1_1280.png

anthony-joshua-charles-martin-ibf-tale-of-the-tape_3416262.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or--i2d960Y

Fight night!!! Olympic Gold Medalist in action, 2 Undefeated, top-10, heavyweights going at it for the belt!!!

This takes place in Europe so the main event should be on round 5:30 EST. This fight will be much better than Bradley-Pacquiao 3 tonight.

I hope Adrien Broner has the balls to fight Kell Brook next. Brook will annihilate him, and relegate him to gate-keeper status.

Pacquiao actually looked pretty good, and the fight was.. pretty good.. I was more excited to see Devin Haney on the undercard but still, didn;t regret catching it.

Had to mute it though, the broadcast teams speaking about Manny like he's some demi-god was way over the top..

Also Pac's mom is genuinely hideous, and scary looking. They shouldn't have put her on TV..

maxresdefault.jpg

Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY (NBC): Errol Spence Jr vs Chris Algieri, welterweights, 12 rounds; Krzysztof Glowacki vs Steve Cunningham, cruiserweights, 12 rounds; Marcus Browne vs Radivoje Kalajdzic, light heavweights, 10 rounds.

Was supposed to go to this fight, got too much **** on the schedule tomorrow though and I wanted to watch the playoffs.

Bosnian dude Kalajdzic just got absolutely robbed in Brooklyn to a fighter from Staten Island. What a travesty. Glad I didn't go to this **** now I'd have been pissed. Both undefeated.

Gary Russell Jr. made quick work of his opponent last night too.. there's some big fights on the horizon at 126lbs..

Lomachenko will rule that weight though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQAcZl5N1F8

This dude is on some final boss of the video game ****.. Monster at 200lbs is an understatement, Usyk just got started as a pro and he just turned 29 - he's primed to be the alpha beast of the cruiser weight division for quite some time though..

9-0 with 9ko's as a pro, He will claim the belt in no time, and will destroy everything in his way.. I don't know who'd possibly stop him. Expect a very long winning streak from him. He's the real deal.

With Glowacki's successful defense of the WBO cruiser-weight belt last night, it's mandatory he fights Usyk next..

Terence Crawford-Viktor Postol unification bout at 140lbs has been signed!!!!!!!!!

He's not fighting at the Garden this time though.. MGM Grand.. July 23rd.