What's new

The Sweet Science: Boxing

CR259C_VAAAKduS.jpg:large

@FloydMayweather Oct 21
It took 19 years but they'll talk about it forever. #tbe #tmt
www.themoneyteam.com

Here's the full Fonfara-Cleverley bout. Fight of the Year candidate. PBC Signed a deal to put fights on Fox in 2016 the other day too (More good free fights)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbbJ07YJ1rg

Manny Pacquiao would get punished by Terrence Crawford, April 9th... That's supposed to be his last fight.. Crawford could send him out on a stretcher..

He'd get floored a bunch and the ref would have to step in. If they want to milk his career, Arum won't let that fight happen..

It'd probably look a bit like..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OshURAKHmY8

187sazmavic1cgif.gif

Here's the full Fonfara-Cleverley bout. Fight of the Year candidate. PBC Signed a deal to put fights on Fox in 2016 the other day too (More good free fights)

PBC is also uploading all of their fights to their youtube channel, so that's where I was able to see this fight, as well as Kono vs Kameda which was a travesty of a fight because of the ref. That dude sucked turnbuckle so hard.

I liked F vs C, but their lack of power gave me pause when referring to this bout as FOTY. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it but I'm just not sold.

Anyway, I just learned that I RSVP'd yes to a friends 40th on 11/21. **** me. I'll prolly be leaving early.

Also, dude, I posted in the podcast thread but I doubt you go in there. Anyway, do you listen to The Ropes podcast with Brian Campbell and Rafe Bartholomew? It's really ****ing good.

PBC is also uploading all of their fights to their youtube channel, so that's where I was able to see this fight, as well as Kono vs Kameda which was a travesty of a fight because of the ref. That dude sucked turnbuckle so hard.

I liked F vs C, but their lack of power gave me pause when referring to this bout as FOTY. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it but I'm just not sold.

Anyway, I just learned that I RSVP'd yes to a friends 40th on 11/21. **** me. I'll prolly be leaving early.

Also, dude, I posted in the podcast thread but I doubt you go in there. Anyway, do you listen to The Ropes podcast with Brian Campbell and Rafe Bartholomew? It's really ****ing good.

No I'll check it out though. I like Rap, and Boxings a poor mans sport, so I get my boxing news off of.. 'urban sites'

I think Mayweather will come out of retirement btw. He's 49-0 like Rocky Marciano, he will want to beat that and go out 50-0... Kinda think he might go after the winner of Canelo-Cotto..

No I'll check it out though. I like Rap, and Boxings a poor mans sport, so I get my boxing news off of.. 'urban sites'

Yeah, man, I get it. This is the last episode a few days before the GGG fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oB-iPMOJ3c

They are a great combo...pretty fun too.

Damn.. Andre "S.O.G" Ward has withdrawn from his Nov. 21st (on the Canelo-Cotto card) bout due to swelling in his Knee(probably BS). Some actually argue he's the pound-for-pound champ, dude's had 1 fight since November 2013... His opponent Aleksander Brand took the fight on 3 weeks notice...

"He hasn't been able to get the swelling under control, and it has prohibited him from training the way he needs to," the source said. "It's nothing serious, but the fight is in two weeks, and everyone had to make a decision."

@RagingBabe
Sounds like it was a mutual decision between fighter (Ward) and promoter (Roc Nation). #boxing

@RagingBabe
I'm told that indeed Ward is off #CottoCanelo card. Roc Nation is working to get him his own date on HBO and better opposition. #boxing

@RagingBabe
To my understanding, Roc Nation will then be able to put full marketing & strong promotion behind Ward when he gets his own date. #boxing

Really starting to think I'll be rooting for Kovalev when he eventually faces S.O.G.

I hate this boxing politics ****, dude's had 3 fights in the last 4 years.. (and people think he's the P4P champ:mad:)

Rumors are circulating in Miami that former WBA/WBO super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (15-0, 10KOs) may return next Saturday night as part of the Miguel Cotto vs. Saul Alvarez undercard at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Rumors are circulating in Miami that former WBA/WBO super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (15-0, 10KOs) may return next Saturday night as part of the Miguel Cotto vs. Saul Alvarez undercard at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Rigondeaux to face Drian Francisco on the Cotto-Canelo PPV undercard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're saying the 1st round in Seals-Rodriguez last night was the round of the year, I know it ended up on the sportcenter top-10.. Bout to watch it now. Here's a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdRg91oTbJU

Holly Holm was a pro boxer for 11 years with a record of 33-2. A champion in the lightweight, welterweight and superwelterweight classes.

Don't ever let these MMA elitists tell ya how obsolete boxing is, Holm just pulled off the biggest betting upset in UFC history, using many boxing skills; footwork and a Jab can go a long way in a fight, and it stopped Ron from going forward effectively, which turned her into a sitting duck, Holly was able to line her up for the kick after that. Easy $$$

Cotto-Canelo tonight. RIGONDEAUX on the undercard!!!!!!! That's what I'm tuning into see most, BTW Rigo is going to be an insane favorite. there's a 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance he actually loses though.. It'd MUCH more shocking to me than watching Rousey lose.

Tyson Fury vs Wlad next weekend.. Wlad should destroy him, though Fury's been trying to get into his head. Fury ducked Povetkin though, not a good sign.

LOL - Tyson Fury wins the heavyweight championship and it's like the 11th story on ESPN.

Love Wladimir - guys a class act and a great fighter...but borrrrrringggggggg. Fury seems like a head case but may be what the heavyweight division needs - a little controversy and some personality. That and a good American fighter - which I thought was going to be Deontay Wilder; but he seems content fighting tomato cans and trolls who say mean things about him on the internet.

LOL - Tyson Fury wins the heavyweight championship and it's like the 11th story on ESPN.

Love Wladimir - guys a class act and a great fighter...but borrrrrringggggggg. Fury seems like a head case but may be what the heavyweight division needs - a little controversy and some personality. That and a good American fighter - which I thought was going to be Deontay Wilder; but he seems content fighting tomato cans and trolls who say mean things about him on the internet.

Wlad has finally been dethroned!! I watched his last loss live in 2004 vs Lamon Brewster, he got floored. They used to say he had a glass chin back then. That was still a great fight IMO. Fury had him so flustered it was glorious.

Fury talked so much **** too... I'm still in complete shock about that fight, and the lack of urgency from Wlad, That was so decisive - I knew that even in Germany the refs wouldn't have jobbed Fury. It would've been the worst robbery I've ever seen if Wlad even got a draw.

Wlad looked old though, bottom-line. Max hit the nail on the head when he said "Is part of getting older not wanting it as bad as you once did??"

Klitchko didn't want it, his corner was telling him exactly how to win the fight, and he didn't have the will to pull it off. If Wlad fought like he did in the last round throughout, it'd have probably been different. He needed to keep stepping thru Fury's jab and firing straight right hands, he would've caught him but he was way too busy headhunting - terrible job of doing body work by Wlad too.

The Heavyweight division is now up for grabs!!!! Fury won't be able to defend that title for long. He was ducking Povetkin, who's 6'2' and 220lbs. Joseph Parker is the heavyweight to watch IMO. That dude just needs a title shot, he'll finish the job(in convincing fashion)

Also this Erickson Lubin K.O. yesterday is worth posting here. Dude's gonna be big-time, a headliner. He's got dynamite in both hands. https://vine.co/v/iawF2pwMwOX

Yesterday was a legendary day in Boxing. 4 massive cards going off across the globe. I caught about 15 fights. Then watched my Oklahoma Sooners obliterate Oklahoma state, to cement their spot in the playoffs. The Jazz won too!

Yo PGAB!

I caught myself up on some boxing this weekend....finally saw the C&C match. Kind of boring, though the later rounds offered some goodness. Have you heard any scuttlebutt on Canelo going up against GGG and if so, at what weight?

I also watched Lomachenko go to work from earlier in the month and that was an absolutely fantastic fight to watch. There is such a plethora of great fighters out there right now and it's kind of exciting. I also saw Bradley vs Rios and, man, I got a little teary eyed watching/ listening to the interaction between Teddy and Timothy, especiall between rounds 7 and 8. Teddy Atlas is such a beautiful motivator and the way Bradley was looking at Atlas, it was like watching a boy listening to his Dad. It was really moving stuff. It's definitely a match made in boxing heaven and the announcing cast agreed.

Lastly, I saw that Bud Crawford fight. Damn, dude is legit. You think he fights Manny next as the cast was alluding to in during the fight?

Yo PGAB!

I caught myself up on some boxing this weekend....finally saw the C&C match. Kind of boring, though the later rounds offered some goodness. Have you heard any scuttlebutt on Canelo going up against GGG and if so, at what weight?

I also watched Lomachenko go to work from earlier in the month and that was an absolutely fantastic fight to watch. There is such a plethora of great fighters out there right now and it's kind of exciting. I also saw Bradley vs Rios and, man, I got a little teary eyed watching/ listening to the interaction between Teddy and Timothy, especiall between rounds 7 and 8. Teddy Atlas is such a beautiful motivator and the way Bradley was looking at Atlas, it was like watching a boy listening to his Dad. It was really moving stuff. It's definitely a match made in boxing heaven and the announcing cast agreed.

Lastly, I saw that Bud Crawford fight. Damn, dude is legit. You think he fights Manny next as the cast was alluding to in during the fight?

the undercard on Canelo-Cotto was worth ticket price though. I thought Canelo would win by TKO.

I've heard GGG might fight Froch at 172 next. Not sure whats next for Canelo out there.

Rigo vs Lomachenko at 124 or 126 would be a superfight. I've heard that could be in the works.

Bradley's a warrior, glad to have seen a handful of his fights over the years. If Mayweather is to come out of retirement, Bradleys earned that fight IMO.

Bud Crawford would annihilate Pacquiao, there's no way Manny would last even 7 rounds, he'd brutalize him.. Like most Crawford fights, once he switches southpaw, he'd probably just start teeing off with well placed right hooks.

If Manny's handlers wish to string out his career, there's no way they'll get him Crawford next. Of all the possible fights Manny has on deck, he's got the least chance of winning vs Crawford -- There's just no way it'd happen, Crawford would whoop the hell out of him nowadays, He can eat Manny's best punch. Crawford would definitely knock the wind out of his sails early in the fight..